1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came in today, absolutely love it & by far my favorite Iron Man armor!

Quick question - I took the plates off the biceps to put the batteries into the arms. Tried unscrewing the cover pieces and both are on there so tight that the screw heads are being stripped more and more every time I try to get it open. Anyone know a trick to unscrew it easier? The head and back screws were fine, so no problems there, but I really want to get the lights on in the arms & it’s crazy to me that a brand new figure has this problem already

I always use the flat screwdriver to atleast avoid stripping the other side. Also have those magnetic screwdrivers so the screw will stick well. You really need to press down to the screw otherwise coz if you do it lightly it will just strip it.

I always use the flat screwdriver to atleast avoid stripping the other side. Also have those magnetic screwdrivers so the screw will stick well. You really need to press down to the screw otherwise coz if you do it lightly it will just strip it.

Yeah I knew to press down on it from past experience which I did from the beginning but no luck at all

Welcome.

I'm trying to decide if I have the nerve to take a drimmel to the black parts of the arc area. Will wait until am. :horror

This is a "never sell it" figure, so...

Absolutely. The Mk6 is my all-time favorite MCU armor so this is staying put. Personally, I will never display him without a chest plate, so whatever is underneath isn't really that important to me. I'm sure if you decide to do it it'll be awesome. Then you can start commissioning some work out to some board members :monkey3

:lol

Mine showed up today in all its shiny glory. Packaging actually made it intact across the US in just the shipper. However, when extending the torso upwards, the upper abs “floating” section popped off. Nothing broke, it just wasn’t glued on well. I freaked cuz I couldn’t for the life of me see what the hell it was supposed to be glued to. Turns out it is meant to attach to a spring loaded extension I had to carefully unfold from inside the torso and glue back together. Good as new. Hot toys and their weak ass glue.

865AE9A6-661B-403B-8366-5C1761A7D996.jpg

2FF4E17A-0475-4D9E-9B07-8E697ECCAD02.jpg

Last edited:
They always use terrible glue on their magnets. I swear to god every one of those little magnets on the face plates always either come off with use, or they are already off and stuck to the head magnets in the box. Happened to my IP and mk40 shotgun especially.

Welcome.

I'm trying to decide if I have the nerve to take a drimmel to the black parts of the arc area. Will wait until am. :horror

This is a "never sell it" figure, so...

Instead of cutting it out, do you think putting a coat of reflective paint over that area might do the trick?

Sent from my fully armed and operational battle station using Tapatalk

Mine came in today, absolutely love it & by far my favorite Iron Man armor!

Quick question - I took the plates off the biceps to put the batteries into the arms. Tried unscrewing the cover pieces and both are on there so tight that the screw heads are being stripped more and more every time I try to get it open. Anyone know a trick to unscrew it easier? The head and back screws were fine, so no problems there, but I really want to get the lights on in the arms & it’s crazy to me that a brand new figure has this problem already

Hit the area with a hair dryer for 5-10 seconds to heat it up... then give it a whirl. Should help.

Instead of cutting it out, do you think putting a coat of reflective paint over that area might do the trick?

That’s what I was saying earlier, I think the black part actually touches the chest plate. No way for light to get by, regardless of what’s done to glass. Have to remove it.

Can't believe HT messed that up. All their other IM's have no issues like that.

That's the thing, they didn't "mess it up." Messing it up would indicate that they attempted to accurately represent the arc but failed. It was a blatant decision by HTs to go ahead and forego lighting up the entire triangle. I can understand that design choices need to be made and that they attempted to accurately recreate the inner-workings of the chest (kind of), but I honestly think they should've taken some creative liberties to make it work.

But I digress... Other than that, this figure is pretty much perfect to me. If all my figures had to go and I could only keep one, this would be it.

That makes no sense as they did other IM inner chest details and still had the whole arc light through. Like the mk33 for example which i own. HT you make no sense :dunno

The problem: in the real world a circle can’t fill a triangle at that close of a distance. CG world yes, reality no. Previous arcs have been round or mostly round. Easy to do.

Not sure if we ever get any indication the 6’s chest piece glass is clear or milky. Edit: Just rewatched gantry scene, it's clear.

If HT had “taken liberties”, you can be assured 100 people would be complaining here, or wouldn’t buy it. :p

Last edited:
Well in hind sight it can't stay on for too long anyway as the batteries suck. And corrode if left in too long so i rarely keep them in very long anyways.

Well in hind sight it can't stay on for too long anyway as the batteries suck. And corrode if left in too long so i rarely keep them in very long anyways.

Two words: Soap. Reactor. :) :)

Wired both figures off one last night. Yes Pinocchio has strings, but it’s by far the best option to make these two shine (pun) their brightest:

ebb231199759a19c1043158b4d07a6f8.jpg

(messy desk :p )

I have heard of those but was unsure of how they worked and getting one for multiple IM's seemed impractical.

I was just saying if you are displaying them together, or any two IM together, it's the best option (I know of) instead of batteries. You *can* wire 2 off it, but you don't have to. Yes they are wired together, but you can pull the wires from the hub if you need to work on/position one. But they are still attached at the figure.

The SOAP has little insert dummy batteries that replace the real batteries. Works via remote control. Pretty cool.

Go to 4:20 of this vid:

Thanks to everyone for posting all the beautiful pics! Some truly great ones! I opened the fig last night and it is indeed crazy good.

But now I have to make a decision soon. Do I just keep the 6 and pick up the 4 and maybe the 7 down the line? Or do I get all the new diecast line 1-7 as they release? I now have the MK1 2.0, the 3 diecast, and the 6 diecast.

I wonder if they will price the diecast 1 and 7 in a ridiculous manner like the new IW figure. Hopefully this is just an IW thing and not the new standard pricing structure going forward.

Back