1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:

giphy.gif

I've only got mark I, Mark I 2.0, Mark III, Mark VI, and stealth Mark VII. I like some of the others but kind of overkill for me. The 42 and 46 just look odd colorwise. I do like the starboost version though.

LOL! This’ll be my 3rd here...

The VI will be only my 3rd Iron Man too. I have the DC MkIII and the MK33.
I'm not counting my War Machine, my Tony Stark figure or the MkIII Construction Version.

So I just started collecting Hot Toys spring of 2016. Mk 6 was my first Hot Toys order but 45 was the first I ever held in my hand.
Glad I preorder and like most of you, 1 more payment left. MK 2 diecast, mk 5 diecast and mk 4 diecast with gantry preorder.

My favorite armor, something about the triangle gets me.
The armor that fought Whiplash, survived the hammeroid attack, submitted loki, battle thor, saved the heli carrier and flew all the way back to new york, damage.
It might not of been the most advance armor but it had a powerful arc reactor that's why it has it's significance in all of my iron man collection.
Plus whoever is shipping these need to hurry up. My mk 1 diecast war machine have waited long enough. 46 and mk 3 war machine are already posed together.

Hi some things i have noticed from pic of people who have this figure that I really like .

1) The new reactor looks really nice and so does the detail under the chest plate .
2) The battery and switch locations for the arms having them located in the biceps makes it easier to get to and is nicely hidden . Not sure how it attaches but lets
hope for magnets.
3) The fact that it has some sholder missiles that pop up and are hidden in the amour and don't require a parts swap

Am I the only one who thinks the hands (specifically the closed fists) are undersized?

I got this on PO but with the mark IV being similar & has the gantry I might have to sell this. Been hunting for the decent price gantry for a long time! Decisions decision.

Tony did not have the arc reactor implant taken out until the end of IM3, so it makes sense there are frosted/ closed off arc panels in the window.
Once he would suit up In one of them and power the suits it would light up. The reactor was in his chest, specifically the triangle version type from Iron Man 2 till he had it removed.

This is true, but if you remember, he was able to remotely power up the Mk VI on the helicarrier in Avengers, (Put on the suit. - Cap) and the Mk VII came to meet him on the way down from Stark tower. So the suits have an independent power source that lights everything up and makes it able to move. Remember also, that the Mk VII as well as the Patriot armor both move without someone being in them.

This is true, but if you remember, he was able to remotely power up the Mk VI on the helicarrier in Avengers, (Put on the suit. - Cap) and the Mk VII came to meet him on the way down from Stark tower. So the suits have an independent power source that lights everything up and makes it able to move. Remember also, that the Mk VII as well as the Patriot armor both move without someone being in them.

Add to that the Mk VII actually had a circular arc reactor.

I do think that after the first IM movie, Tony Stark had independent power sources for all his armors to supplement his own arc reactor. How else would Rhodey have "stolen" the Mk2?

Has anyone posted a comparison shot of the original VI to the diecast?

If it's in that video posted, please let me know.

That's all I'm waiting to see before I pull the trigger or not.

According to Budget Stark, this (the Mark VI) has the best articulation compared to any HT Iron Man suit out there.

Has anyone posted a comparison shot of the original VI to the diecast?

If it's in that video posted, please let me know.

That's all I'm waiting to see before I pull the trigger or not.

Its going to be significantly taller by at least 1/2" and the looks of it wider in all aspects. If the size change is anything like War Machine Diecast Mark I it will be a very noticeable difference.

According to Budget Stark, this (the Mark VI) has the best articulation compared to any HT Iron Man suit out there.

That I have no doubt of. I saw a photo on instagram of the VI in a cross legged, meditating pose like he was Dr. Strange and it looked soooo good. I almost pulled the trigger right there :lol

Its going to be significantly taller by at least 1/2" and the looks of it wider in all aspects. If the size change is anything like War Machine Diecast Mark I it will be a very noticeable difference.

Yeah, and that's what I want to see visually. Because the WM improvements were incredible. I have the original VI and I thought I was happy with it. but seeing the articulation/finish/extra accessories on the diecast I will likely upgrade. I just need that comparison money shot to seal the deal.

Back