1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man it looks amazing.. Just one little gripe though.. Is it me or The main arc reactor isn't bright enough to fill the triangle?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's a distracting look. Should have an opaque insert option like the QS' have for the 'lit' appearance. There's no detail visible in the films when the arc is on and the triangle shape should be uniformly illuminated

et935ej.gif

d1mspAN.gif
RW84XaW.gif

psGM2jd.gif

Is the arc reactor detail supposed to be visible under the chest piece when the light is off, or is the lens frosted? I couldn't find a movie scene to verify, but there is this HOA scene from IM3. Looks frosted:
00800.m2ts_snapshot_00.06.00_2013.09.22_09.13.15_original.jpg

Is the arc reactor detail supposed to be visible under the chest piece when the light is off, or is the lens frosted? I couldn't find a movie scene to verify, but there is this HOA scene from IM3. Looks frosted:
View attachment 384984

Tony did not have the arc reactor implant taken out until the end of IM3, so it makes sense there are frosted/ closed off arc panels in the window.
Once he would suit up In one of them and power the suits it would light up. The reactor was in his chest, specifically the triangle version type from Iron Man 2 till he had it removed.

If I can budget it I may get this. But not a necessary figure for me.

Couple of questions:

How is the ankle rotation?

Is the sculpt the same 43,45 head sculpt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly looks like mk42, 43 Tony’s helmeted sculpt.
Just as the new mark 4 diecast figure seems to have the same sculpt from the Tony Stark Arc Reactor creation figure from IM2.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I have the original battle damaged Mark VI . It’s still a magnificent looking figure to this day . This looks so awesome though . Now that they announced the Mark IV I’m wondering if I should just get that instead . [emoji848][emoji848]???

Yeah, that's a distracting look. Should have an opaque insert option like the QS' have for the 'lit' appearance. There's no detail visible in the films when the arc is on and the triangle shape should be uniformly illuminated

et935ej.gif

d1mspAN.gif
RW84XaW.gif

psGM2jd.gif

Yeah unfortunately, the one we see is pretty much the one we'll get. Nothing some Scotch Matte finish tape can't fix though.

I have the original battle damaged Mark VI . It’s still a magnificent looking figure to this day . This looks so awesome though . Now that they announced the Mark IV I’m wondering if I should just get that instead . [emoji848][emoji848]???

I have the Avengers MK VI and i'm keeping that one as the clean look without the helmet that i will put on this stand. This DC version will go with the DC WM MK1 and Whiplash MK2 on the orginal IM2 final battle base.

It's really a shame they didn't give the stand the Gantry treatment. They could have easily decked it out. It being so tiny looks weird.

26114050_10155158006032344_5344308900746119119_n.jpg

avengers-iron-man-mark-vi-moving-gantry-19th-king-arts.jpg

Looks awesome but curious to see how the paint job compares to the Mk 45 and 46, which seem to be their new go-to shade of red and finish (even though the 46 should have been darker and more matte). Already ordered like a year ago with $200 of RP so I’m in no matter what at this point.

Personally I definitely prefer the Mk 6 over the 4 so I may pass on that one. I was originally thinking of picking up all 7 armors as they get released in die-cast, but I would need to see a better 2.0 version of the die-cast Mk 3 that matches the newer figures better first. Without that I feel like I can pass on stuff like the Mk 2 and Mk 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, really impressed with articulation at about 11:00 in video. May be the best yet.

Could see this topping the 46 in my collection. I have/had the 3DC, 7, 7BD, 43, 45, 46.

Yeah same here, The Mark VI will be my first and possibly only HT Iron Man.

This will be #35 for me :lol

It's really a shame they didn't give the stand the Gantry treatment. They could have easily decked it out. It being so tiny looks weird.

26114050_10155158006032344_5344308900746119119_n.jpg

When he 1st lands it is small and then as it stands up it expands as he walks. I'm ok with it i would not have room for a full 1/6 version.

Back