1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A thought, not sure if this will breach copyright, but it would be awesome if we had a database of all of the instruction sheets. At the very least, what batteries go with what figures.
Well rebelscum includes pictures of the instruction sheets in their photo reviews of star wars figures, so I don't think it would be too bad if a picture of the battery locations and types were uploaded somewhere. As long as the "save as" function is disabled I would think it would be ok. There was another figure site I found that had crisp scans of Star Wars instruction sheets when I was building an EP3 Anakin from loose parts ( as at the time it was cheaper than trying to buy the figure whole), but it prevented you from saving the scans. I even went into the code and could not get to the full-size image file, just the small thumbnail. '

Or I guess the simpler thing to do would be to make a thread with lists of each armor and what batteries it takes and where they go on the figure.

They used tohe on sideshow's website at the bottom of the product description. I looked for them for the mark 6 but didn't see them so I guess they stopped?

For $300+ i think its weird that hot toys still prints instructions in black and white.

Well rebelscum includes pictures of the instruction sheets in their photo reviews of star wars figures, so I don't think it would be too bad if a picture of the battery locations and types were uploaded somewhere. As long as the "save as" function is disabled I would think it would be ok. There was another figure site I found that had crisp scans of Star Wars instruction sheets when I was building an EP3 Anakin from loose parts ( as at the time it was cheaper than trying to buy the figure whole), but it prevented you from saving the scans. I even went into the code and could not get to the full-size image file, just the small thumbnail. '

Or I guess the simpler thing to do would be to make a thread with lists of each armor and what batteries it takes and where they go on the figure.

Oh god some of those Rebelscum reviews sure amazing. I constantly use those for reference. The really clear photos are terrific.

But it’s only SW and I don’t think they do it anymore they just use HT’s promo stuff now.

I’ve done a database for myself which lists everything for the figures I have but it would be nice to make things available and it’s far from complete.

They used tohe on sideshow's website at the bottom of the product description. I looked for them for the mark 6 but didn't see them so I guess they stopped?

For $300+ i think its weird that hot toys still prints instructions in black and white.

In think it’s the other way around they do it for new ones. The LXXXV one is there:

https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pr...xxxv-sixth-scale-figure_pdf_6064c2fd37eb3.pdf
Older figures it’s hit and miss. I think about 50 or so of the figures I have have instructions on the SS website. A couple of the bloggers post the instructions as well but most of them have stopped their blogs in the last couple of years.

And yes the instructions are sloppy but I guess it’s better than nothing. My idealised version would be a nice color book listing all the parts and clear instructions for everything. Or they could have links on their website and not bother printing it?

Look to Lego as to how to do it. They have an app just for instructions!

They still do. The other Iron Man figures have them but it's missing for the Mk 6.

Here's the instructions for the similar Mk 4 if someone needs them:

https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pr...ctions-iron-man-mark-iv_pdf_5cdd8d3298d92.pdf
I don't think they need to waste ink and money on making the instructions color. That would really add up and the cost would probably get passed to us. Most folks probably just read it once and never see it again, or never read it to begin with.

They still do. The other Iron Man figures have them but it's missing for the Mk 6.

https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pr...ctions-iron-man-mark-iv_pdf_5cdd8d3298d92.pdf
I don't think they need to waste ink and money on making the instructions color. That would really add up and the cost would probably get passed to us. Most folks probably just read it once and never see it again, or never read it to begin with.
Can confirm the parts pertaining to batteries are identical in those Mark 4 instructions as they are in the Mark VI, as one would expect. They just changed out the photo of the chestplate.

Can confirm the parts pertaining to batteries are identical in those Mark 4 instructions as they are in the Mark VI, as one would expect. They just changed out the photo of the chestplate.
Thank you for the instructions and confirmation that it's also good for the Mk6 :hi5:

Thank you for the instructions and confirmation that it's also good for the Mk6 :hi5:

No problem. The two figures are very close to each other, like the two suits in the film. Pretty much the same figure with minor differences like the chest plate, arc reactor, paint, etc. Parts are interchangeable between the two.

Last edited:
using that logic I would prefer they just send out figures in brown shippers instead of the fancy shoe box.

I'm late to the 1/6th game, but this was always my favorite of the Iron Man movie suits. Looking at used figures, and is it common for every one of them to have his "diaper" be faded and pink? Like, listing after listing, the crotch piece is discolored. Is that a known problem?

Would I be better off trying to go with another Iron Man at this point?

I'm late to the 1/6th game, but this was always my favorite of the Iron Man movie suits. Looking at used figures, and is it common for every one of them to have his "diaper" be faded and pink? Like, listing after listing, the crotch piece is discolored. Is that a known problem?

I think that faded pink panty phenomenon was only present on the plastic Mark VI figure. Hot Toys re-issued it in Diecast/plastic and it’s among the fan favorites of Iron Man figures so it resells for more but it is definitely worth it. However, I would wait it out. After all, this coming May 4th is the 10th anniversary of The Avengers. That is a good an excuse as any for Hot Toys to announce a re-issue of the Mark VI. From announcement, it would still be a minimum of 16 months until it releases. If you can;t wait and are ballin’ on a budget, there is a relatively cheaper knock-off version by Play Toys called “Iron Warrior Mark VI”. It’s a pretty good fill-in figure. I think it actually has more diecast than the Hot Toys version.

I think that faded pink panty phenomenon was only present on the plastic Mark VI figure. Hot Toys re-issued it in Diecast/plastic and it’s among the fan favorites of Iron Man figures so it resells for more but it is definitely worth it. However, I would wait it out. After all, this coming May 4th is the 10th anniversary of The Avengers. That is a good an excuse as any for Hot Toys to announce a re-issue of the Mark VI. From announcement, it would still be a minimum of 16 months until it releases. If you can;t wait and are ballin’ on a budget, there is a relatively cheaper knock-off version by Play Toys called “Iron Warrior Mark VI”. It’s a pretty good fill-in figure. I think it actually has more diecast than the Hot Toys version.
Thanks for the response. I figured there would be re-releases at some point.

Though I'm not opposed to cheaper third-party figures. Mostly just the vetting process of which ones to trust so you avoid spending a lot on a lemon always gives me concerns and pause.

I think xenomorph posted a video that was an easy fix for that pink panties issue if it bothers you that much. I think the waist was actually just a red piece of plastic, there was a wash over that piece and that was what faded, I think he just rubbed off that wash with paint remover and reassembled the figure. Looked good as new after that.

Thanks for the response. I figured there would be re-releases at some point.

Though I'm not opposed to cheaper third-party figures. Mostly just the vetting process of which ones to trust so you avoid spending a lot on a lemon always gives me concerns and pause.

I have/had both the play toys and the official. @ACalica917 is correct in that it’s very comparable to the official and has more diecast. The only REAL bothersome thing for me was that he only comes with one headsculpt, the Stark headsculpt which had a light inside but it’s not very bright b/c it’s at the top of the head. You’re mileage may vary on how much that would bother you. But other than that, I think it’s a much better value as it comes with more BD parts for the shoulders and thighs as well as an intermediate BD chest piece and faceplate. I actually combined the two and sold the parts I didn’t want.

I think that faded pink panty phenomenon was only present on the plastic Mark VI figure. Hot Toys re-issued it in Diecast/plastic and it’s among the fan favorites of Iron Man figures so it resells for more but it is definitely worth it.

Just to clarify, the diecast Mk 6 is not a reissue of the original plastic Mk 6 with diecast parts. They are not related. It’s an entirely new figure with many years of improvements behind it and significantly bigger.

But ACalica917 is correct that the pink panties are unique to the older plastic figures because of the softer material used for that part. Make sure you’re searching for MMS-378-D17.

They may re-release the figure at some point as they have a number of Iron Man figures. But that was likely in part to fill the void made with the delay of Phase 4 so they may also not with NWH, DS2, and Thor 4 figures to do now. Hard to say.

Is this the only 1/6 Iron Man that has the little blue lights surrounding the weapon arms, and in the torso? I see them in some of the 1/4 scale pieces, and I must say they really make this one stand out.

For those that use the lights, do they pop as well as in the prototype photos? Or are they barely noticeable?

Is this the only 1/6 Iron Man that has the little blue lights surrounding the weapon arms, and in the torso? I see them in some of the 1/4 scale pieces, and I must say they really make this one stand out.

For those that use the lights, do they pop as well as in the prototype photos? Or are they barely noticeable?
The ones under the chest are quite subtle and you have to be at a low angle to see them. The ones in the arm missile pods are a little more obvious.
1663520160329.jpeg

The MK IV has lights in the torso as well, but again, you have to be at low angle to see them.

Attachments

• 20220919_150635.jpg
    20220919_150635.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back