1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info, guys! Now here’s the longshot question:

Anyone willing to sell their diecast Mark VI Battle Damage chest plate and Battle damage mask plate/helmet?

PM me. I’m willing to give a good offer.

Still my favorite IM in the collection. BUT I'm wondering if there's any way to firm up those ankle joints? He's very "tippy" and it's all because of that incredibly loose ankle design. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to tighten that up without heavy modding. Here he is this morning with my just finished Morstorm Iron Man Deluxe model.

I do see a small screw on the joint, that would probably benefit from tightening a bit. But there's no way to reach it, as it's obstructed by the armor plating hanging over it. Really wish they would've use the ball/socket joint that they use on the newer suits.

IMG_8940.JPG

IMG_8933.JPG

Last edited:
Still my favorite IM in the collection. BUT I'm wondering if there's any way to firm up those ankle joints? He's very "tippy" and it's all because of that incredibly loose ankle design. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to tighten that up without heavy modding. Here he is this morning with my just finished Morstorm Iron Man Deluxe model.

View attachment 542232
I thought it was just mine that's a little tippy. Check the posts on the previous page where supersphinxman helped me re-learn the ankle extension and then just double-check that yours are not extended because he'll stand much better if they are not.

Yeah, I've checked and the foot is definitely in the pushed in position. When I pull them to the down position they are even more tippy! Damn. I think the problem is that the diecast body above the ankle is just too much weight for that joint to hold up reliably. Though I will say my ThreeZero DX Transformers weigh just as much, but have much more ankle/foot stability, so it's not impossible.

That set is much more interesting than the other recently announced suit up.

Is this when he takes off the suit on the Stark Tower landing pad? They better reissue the Mark VI Diecast as well for this.

I guess Hot Toys is gonna milk as many Iron Man scenes as they can! could be used to set up a diorama with the original Mark VI Diecast gantry base.

Whoa. Well that looks like a $900 set. Where is this photo from and are there more?
Yea thats what I would like to know as well? I have the tysntoys annular suit up gantry version currently with my mark VII on it. But if they make this I would love to buy it too lol.

Hey guys, sorry drudge you an old thread. Can someone tell me what batteries this figure uses? I just got this guy in this week, but no instructions. Seller told me LR41, so I bought some but they’re too big. Thanks for any help!

Hey guys, sorry drudge you an old thread. Can someone tell me what batteries this figure uses? I just got this guy in this week, but no instructions. Seller told me LR41, so I bought some but they’re too big. Thanks for any help!
I don’t have this specific figure but newer/ish IM figures tend to use LR621 for the head, arms and legs, LR936 in the back (newer ones use the LR41). L521F is also used sometimes.

Back