1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triangle arc mod. Not Photoshop, no long exposure. (i.e. "in the room" look)

413816145.jpg

That looks amazing. Going to go with the soft mod you suggested in your thread though.

Still find it odd that HT didn't fix this or think it needed to be during production.

c4406874f34927152a82dd1e4e33b858.jpg
be0f2edd30b342423c8b2458a7d826d3.jpg

The mid section piece on mine snapped off today. Figured it would be easy to superglue but the piece is connected to a spring that goes back into the armor. Any idea how I should I go by fixing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mid section piece on mine snapped off today. Figured it would be easy to superglue but the piece is connected to a spring that goes back into the armor. Any idea how I should I go by fixing this?

Jeez Louise! That looks awful. How did that happen? Were you trying to extend the torso and applied too much force?

Jeez Louise! That looks awful. How did that happen? Were you trying to extend the torso and applied too much force?

Exactly that. Didn’t think it was THAT much force, but it was I guess because it popped right off.

Same exact thing happened to me. Very little force and it popped out. I fixed it and haven't had a problem since. Although I am very careful with the ab crunch now.

I don't know if this is the best way, but it is the way I fixed it.

I pulled it forward, like you have in your pictures and then I crunched him forward so it would stay in place. I slide some sheet foam (like the thin foam it comes with when you first open it) underneath between the torso and the internal plastic piece so glue wouldn't get on his armor and then glued the ab piece back on it. I used epoxy.

Haven't had a problem with it since then.

Same exact thing happened to me. Very little force and it popped out. I fixed it and haven't had a problem since. Although I am very careful with the ab crunch now.

I pulled it forward, like you have in your pictures and then I crunched him forward so it would stay in place. I slide some sheet foam (like the thin foam it comes with when you first open it) underneath between the torso and the internal plastic piece so glue wouldn't get on his armor and then glued the ab piece back on it. I used epoxy.

Glad I’m not the only one who had this problem.

Sounds like a good idea, my biggest concern was how to hold the spring piece in place and that sounds like probably the best solution for it. I’ll try it when I get home tonight and I’ll take pictures for anyone else who might have a problem with it. Thanks!

Had the exact same malfunction. I did something similar and wedge a piece of cardboard under the spring loaded arm and the the hollow/abs to hold it forward while the gorilla glue set. Good as new.

Not sure I understand the conditions leading to this break; were you guys performing an ab crunch or twist? Or just extending the torso?

Naturally, I want to take care to avoid such an issue myself.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back