1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Funny how that now stands out as a unique positive for most people -- I always liked it -- but back in the day (2010-2012) most had a real problem with it not being round.

Hah! Back in the days of rubber panties I had to choose between IV and VI, really wanted VI for the triangle (Extremis Armour back before MCU ruined the Extremis storyline) but ended up choosing the IV for the headsculpt/donut and the fact that there was just something off about the VI's chest piece back then. A choice I never regretted, but now I'll finally have both (even though IV is now horribly outdated it's still one of my favourites).

Jeez the release is so far away. More then the suicide squad figures

This is a tough decision... I always told myself my max allowance on these 1/6 figures would be $300 so I didn't go crazy. I was mostly fine until the Die-cast Iron Man figures started coming out. Never was interested in anything else over $300 so far. So I decided I'd splurge on just one DC Iron Man figure. Never liked the MK42 or 43 or any of the other DC so far. I love the WM MKI but I have the original so I'm content with that. My first interest was to get the MK45, but then decided I favored the MK46 since it would be different with all the LED's... Now this... Ughh. This was never my favorite armor. I prefer the MK4 and MK7, and I have both MK7's released (Reg & BD). I was hoping they'd go in order so I'd see a MK4 (since I never got the original) before I plunged into the MK46, but this looks so cool with the LED forearms...Damn you HT!! :gah: .... :lol

Also isn't the exclusive pretty much the same LED helmet that came with Pepper/MK9 EX 2 pack?? The helmets on the MK4,6 and MK7 are pretty much identical, no?

I plan on getting this, but 18 months out?

You could make 2 babies in that time.:impatient:

Yup. Looks just like the one that came with my Pepper two pack. And I so ordered this Mk VI. Wanted the original but missed out on it. Not gonna miss this one. ;)

The Regular version is also listed, just not in the "What's New" listings.... hmm decisions... For the price I could go for the EX. They aren't make or break for me, and I did miss the EX of the III, so alternatively if I miss that waiting for Reward Points to matue, presumably Popcultcha and BBTS etc will get the Reg in.

I just don't like messing around with my Sideshow orders having been burnt by International Allocations not shipping after I've already paid a deposit and used my points before.. With Sideshow now it's either a quick order like New Avenger Scarlet (to be fair, if I didn't buy her within 12 hours I'd have likely missed her), or I wait until closer to the time to buy from Popcultcha, like I'll do with Civil War Scarlet..

Yeah I'm actually pretty glad this one is so far off, gives me time to buy another in the meantime!

Pretty standard. Mk45,46,3dc all had pretty identical time frames

Yeah, as an aside from that, I don't know why people debate which of the core hero suits to get... They're always released so far apart, if you want them buy them. If you are holding out on the Mark 46 in favour of what the Mark 47 looks like for instance, you'll be waiting for ages.

Different thing if you are looking at the entire Iron Man picture, including all the colour variants, Shanghai exclusives, and HPP suits. In which case yes, that's a hell of a lot of different armours coming out within a 2 year period with a hefty price-tag if you plan on buying most or all of them.

There's a long time between this and it's arguable predecessor the die-cast Mark III when you think about it.

Looking good but waiting to use a coupon when eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know about how long it takes for a figure to be coupon eligible?

PO'd - This is a hell of a good lookin remake!

I got my iron man with the diecast MK3. But this is an amazing looking figure.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

The only thing that stops me from ordering this is if they make a 1/4 VI. Hopefully between now and this release we'll have an idea when that one might be coming.

I can die happy now, MK6 DIECAST!!! :rock
Now i can look into getting the whiplash mk2 once i get this to go with the eventual war machine mk1.

You could make 2 babies in that time.:impatient:

Don't say that I already got another on the way. One more and kiss collecting good-bye lol. That said, if I had to quit now, I'd walk away with my head held high ending with this Mk6!

Back