1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

This shouldn't sell out too fast right? I know it's supposedly like the most popular armor, I might consider it but I want to wait a few months if they are still doing monthly coupons... :lol

It's the EX that will be more questionable. When I bought the Mk III dc, which was some time before it's eventual release, the EX was on waitlist.. That often seems to be the case.

No clue about the helmet, but as to this selling out it seems unlikely with the 360$ price tag. Honestly i am only spending that kind of money on WM mk1 and this. No other IM will get bought at 360 except maybe a diecast mk5. Honestly that is also my dream suit, if they were to chrome it with the silver the way they did the gold on mk45's face plate. :drool

Cool. When did they have that light-up helmet in the film, was it when Tony was fixing the helmet/suit before the final battle/confrontation w/ Loki?

2 times. Once in the quinjet when he slipped it on right before Thor entered. The 2nd time you mentioned. Though I can't remember if it illuminated blue then.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Tho I've already said I'm not getting this, man this is a damn fine looking figure. I actually find this one reminds me more of the 1/4 scale photos, where the face mask and proportions look so so accurate and correct. I actually love this figure a lot from the pictures. Anyone buying this will for sure be in for a treat!

I do wonder why HT made this an "Avengers" Mark 6. Why they didn't make it consistent with the War Machine I'm not sure. Im sure they will release the "Avengers" premier IM suit the MK7 eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my eyes on Hot Toys figures for years and I've held off and never pre-ordered any until today. I really am excited for this figure.

I've had my eyes on Hot Toys figures for years and I've held off and never pre-ordered any until today. I really am excited for this figure.

Congrats and welcome to the fold. Also, sorry. Lol once you have it the fever takes hold. Lol

It's a great figure to start with.

2 times. Once in the quinjet when he slipped it on right before Thor entered. The 2nd time you mentioned. Though I can't remember if it illuminated blue then.

Cool thanks. I think the eyes just lit up on the 2nd time.

Cool thanks. I think the eyes just lit up on the 2nd time.

Here we go from inside the Quinjet

giphy.gif

Couldn't find one where he was repairing it before heading back to NY though.

:yess: Now there's a reason to sell my IM2 version!

$360, this diecast thing is getting ridiculous

This is way too expensive for me. I'll wait for second hands one around $250.

$360, this diecast thing is getting ridiculous

This ain't new. Every new film they go up. Usually. The 46 was 345 and had half what the 6 has. Reused base, thruster effects ect. The 6 is an entirely new figure. New base. Lots of electronics.

43, 45, 46 and War Machine Mk1 and 3 are all up in that ball park. Even 3 was over 300. I'm guessing the last core suit which was under 300 would be the 42? or was even that 300+ with the die-cast..

I think the price makes sense with everything it comes with and being Die cast. People don't realize that figures are going to slowly increase in price due to popularity and the amount of work they put into them

The 42 was 310

Yeah at least it has some good bits with it. The mk6 i absolutely have to have. For yrs i've waited.

Yeah it's a pretty packed release. And I'm ok with the price. It's a wee bit more then I expected just based on the PO price at acghk, but it's in line with what the others cost. And can't have it both ways, wanting BD parts and diecast and extra heads and a new base, then complain when the price goes up. Lol some of the King arts 1/9 scale stuff is 250ish and not nearly as good. The unlicensed figures that are not as good as 230. The prices on everything goes up. Just the way it is. Sucks, but that's life.

It was a pleasant surprise for the Mk46 to be cheaper than the Mk45, considering it has the 24 additional LEDs. Kinda shows where something like the PP Mk46 comes into play to offset costs. Plus this diecast Mk6 is coming with a new helmeted HS along with a light up dio base. If we're keeping in trend with the latest priced Mks (45, 46, WM Mk1&3) then it kinda makes sense. I guess one way to see if this is indeed how they factor pricing is to see if the inevitable diecast Mk4 is cheaper since it'll share most of the same molds as the dc Mk6.

Perhaps I'm just trying to justify my latest and most expensive figure to date, but I'm just happy to know they're really making it. I look at it as $5 more than the Mk45, which is a beautiful figure. Would I pay $5 more for my absolute favorite Mk? One that I wished I could've had the chance to grab when it first released? Without a doubt.

I can imagine Hot Toys telling collectors "Well, isn't that what most of you were willing to pay for all-plastic, pink-panty, less accurate 6-year old Mark VI anyway?"

Back