1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My IW Thanos was the worse out of all my figures that had off-gasing. It was really strong, I actually left the door open for a few days on my curio to let air circulate.

I've had some luck with bamboo charcoal air purifying bags - they come in different sizes on Amazon and other places. Most of the time I think this kind of thing is BS, but it makes kind of sense as I use activated charcoal in fish tank. They seem to work, actually. Probably not forever as fish tank charcoal also needs to be replaced (it can start leeching) but definitely seem to help re off-gassing or musty smells esp. in winter with less air circulating.

Gawd knows what kind of chemicals HT production companies use.:horror

My IW Thanos was the worse out of all my figures that had off-gasing. It was really strong, I actually left the door open for a few days on my curio to let air circulate.

HT figures are so great, they even replicate body odor. :rotfl

Although it's nice they've gone a little different with VII, I'm still pleased with my decision to go VI. It's still my favourite sixth scale.

After having them both for a few weeks, I actually like the Diecast VI over the VII.

While both are great figures, one thing is 100% for sure... they did the Battle Damage way better on this guy.

I agree, it looks like the BD on the VII is sculpted/painted softly, which is a bit of a criticism, but for me I cannot be too bothered since I do not display my IM figures battle-damaged.

Oddly enough I prefer the 4 over the 6 and the 7th is my least favorite out of the OG armors (minus Mark I DC). Yes, hes a beast and is more accurate to film with his matte paint, but for whatever reason I wish he was glossy like the rest. Again having him at the bottom is not an insult as all of these Marks are masterpieces it's just what you prefer at the moment.

Oddly enough I prefer the 4 over the 6 and the 7th is my least favorite out of the OG armors (minus Mark I DC). Yes, hes a beast and is more accurate to film with his matte paint, but for whatever reason I wish he was glossy like the rest. Again having him at the bottom is not an insult as all of these Marks are masterpieces it's just what you prefer at the moment.

I'm right with you on those choices. All great armours, but those are my favourites in that order as well. :duff

I totally agree. I love the 6 and 7, but to me that Mark IV is peak Phase I Iron Man.

Think this and war machine will also get a re-release following suite with the homecoming armor? Aftermarket on the 2 is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they rerelease because I don't have it and don't want to pay the crazy prices. I am guessing it will happen because that's the only way they can make money off of the character now that he's... well... you know....

I hope they rerelease because I don't have it and don't want to pay the crazy prices. I am guessing it will happen because that's the only way they can make money off of the character now that he's... well... you know....

It will be reissued, just a matter of time I suppose. I'm expecting a reissue of the current wait-listed Mark IV as well --- they might even jump straight into it, just like Mark L and I.W. Thor style

Hot Toys is so back up now with things already running way behind even before all the factories closed i think it will be a long time if they do.

Self quarantine fun. Took down my old Custom BW/WS Bucky setup and replaced it with this. Poster from RedBubble ("F-22 Raptor Strike Poster", 84 x 56cm, manually cropped to about 79 x 51cm):

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

:)

Nice!

Been a long time since I?ve posted. Practicing some self-isolation as well. Finally got a new entertainment center and glass door shelves. Seemed like a good time to finally start pulling out some figures that have been sitting in boxes.

One of my favorite armors here!

D4E3424D-0116-40F2-90E0-F394C78B4D9B.jpeg

OK so dumb question. I really want this figure and can get it for around 650 USD for regular edition in good condition. Yes, or no?

Nah...try to get the knock off version for around $200 and change. It looks incredible to the untrained, and even to the trained eye!

Back