1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking with someone on another forum and had a thought. I don't know if this has ever been talked about or not, but why doesn't Hot Toys include alternate face plates and chest plates that have painted eyes and arc reactors so that way the figure can look complete while not lit up? Have they ever talked about that at all?

Money.

They know how profitable the Iron Man figures have been so they give the bare minimum while charging exorbitant prices.

The Mk 50 and the separate Mk 50 accessory pack tells you everything you need to know about what they feel they can get away with charging.

Money.

They know how profitable the Iron Man figures have been so they give the bare minimum while charging exorbitant prices.

The Mk 50 and the separate Mk 50 accessory pack tells you everything you need to know about what they feel they can get away with charging.

Pretty sure the accessory pack sold dismally though, as did the Mk 50...a lot of inventory still sitting around.

Money.

I mean fair enough.. But if that were the sole reason then, why are they not offering them separately or as part of a higher price point edition? So there has to be some reason that they're not doing this. Does that logic make sense? The lights are just kind of a pain in the ass. Any time I go in my office, I'm not opening my cabinet to turn on the lights of my figures. Hell, I stopped even putting the batteries in them real quick. However, without the lights being on, they just look like empty suits. It's just odd to me. The parts are already engineered to be swapable. Why not give people the option?

This wasn't something that was bugging me much previously, but once I thought about it, I can't un-notice it.

What?s the going rate on this guy on the secondary market? Since he?s diecast I doubt we?d see a reissue.

The prices on this one are completly out of control. :cuckoo:

From 650$ to 1000 +++

I found an offer on the plastic one for 240$, I'm asking myself if I should wait for a possible re-release or pull the trigger...

Shame on me as I already have him in the past...

The prices on this one are completly out of control. :cuckoo:

From 650$ to 1000 +++

I found an offer on the plastic one for 240$, I'm asking myself if I should wait for a possible re-release or pull the trigger...

Shame on me as I already have him in the past...

Even if it did rerelease it would be late 2022 or early 2023 before it started shipping.

after the mark 5 reissue announcement, wouldn't be surprised if this & wm mark 1 sees a reissue too in the not-too-distant future..

The mark 1 war machine is pick up quick to go next to my Mark VI DC. After the mark V I?m picking up I?ll have 5,6 &7 which will be my Iron Man display. Still unsure if I?ll keep my Mk85 battle damage order

Just wait for the reissue no way this is worth $600 or more.

With 2020 being a wash for marvel movies, I expect this to rereleased for sure to try to fill the gap.

VuvQYTp.gif

Not a lot of figures worth splurging ridiculous secondary market prices for. However, wm mk1 and mk 6 iron man might still be my 2 favorite figures in my collection. So I dunno MAYBE if there were figures worth $600 a piece to me it'd be those. :lol

The die cast figures are superior figures over the previous plastic versions. But the battle damaged pieces on the plastic figures were far better. The mark vi had a completely separate battle damaged arm and separate pieces for the legs as well.

Agreed 100%. Even when they were all plastic, Mk. VI was always my all time favorite. Just a quick tip, grab a tiny bit of that white cookie paper and tape it to the inside of the chest piece. It will improve the looks with lights on AND off by quite a bit!

By the way, I?m digging what I can see of your BW pose.
Thanks, I?ll give that a try!

The Black Widow pose is actually one I just stole from ?Posing with Peter? that he used for Nebula in his most recent video:

I thought it might work for Widow as well. Something different to try for now anyhow.

DSC_0612.jpeg

Just fantastic! :clap I love how you have IM and BW posed and fearlessly without stands! Yeah I think this is one of the best IM figures.

[...]
The Black Widow pose is actually one I just stole from ?Posing with Peter? that he used for Nebula in his most recent video:

I thought it might work for Widow as well. Something different to try for now anyhow.

View attachment 506171

Again nice pose! Yeah PWP gives some good tips on how to pose figures.

Thanks, I?ll give that a try!

The Black Widow pose is actually one I just stole from “Posing with Peter” that he used for Nebula in his most recent video:

I hope the cookie paper works out for you! As for that pose, I don’t really care where or who you stole it from, right after finishing this post I’m stealing it too! Thank you!

Back