1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

^^ Just saying the truth of my experience. Was the worst HT figure i ever bought, total freaking nightmare. For 260$ that crap should have been put on his belt for you. Also they need to stop half ass gluing buttons on and sew them on instead. Or use better glue for god sake. It's pretty bad when i'm more happy with a sideshow figure more than a HT figure.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Yeah sadly I think you're right. Still I can dream.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I think because the chitari floped and are still shelf warming years later, extra effort or more alien bodies are not going to be a thing they are going to want to do.

Sideshow however could really be doing a service by making the obscure character slack that hot toys doesn’t, instead of milking the same characters.

Grievous was a absolute treat when I had him, and I wish they would take more risks like that and raise production quality, especially when they think they can charge hot toys prices.

Agreed. Still with secondary characters seeming to sell better and with Hot Toys doing more figures from the prequel trilogy I wonder if they'll make a general Grievous.

Unfortunately I think because the chitari floped and are still shelf warming years later, extra effort or more alien bodies are not going to be a thing they are going to want to do.

Sideshow however could really be doing a service by making the obscure character slack that hot toys doesn’t, instead of milking the same characters.

Grievous was a absolute treat when I had him, and I wish they would take more risks like that and raise production quality, especially when they think they can charge hot toys prices.

Agreed. Still with secondary characters seeming to sell better I With Hot Toys doing more figures from the prequel trilogy I wonder if they'll make a general Grievous.

I am full of hopes for a Hot Toys Grievous, and I personally think it would sell well, but idk for sure.

I can think of a possibility of them maybe not wanting to if ultron didn’t sell well, but that might have nothing to do with it at all.

And it’s interesting they jumped from a wide array of Revenge of the Sith to Attack of the Clones. They might hit up Phantom Menace next for all we know.

I think with the popularity of Skywalker, Kenobi, and now Dooku, it also puts the prospects of a 1/4 RoTS Vader back into perspective.

It will also be interesting to see if they go for battle droids and clones. Unfortunately I don’t see droids selling as well as clones, and it’s not like they have made a big effort to make droid toys in the past. So maybe sideshow and them can pump out some stuff together. Sideshow goes for the droids and rereleases a Animiated Clone line again, while hot toys takes the movie clones and Jedi and Sith from that era.

Padme seems a wild card, but I would like to see the AotC version. I think if the prequels keep selling well they will keep exploring that era over the next few years.

And since this is a Marvel thread, I think we are going to be pretty lucky if they keep going in as well as they have been on the new marvel characters coming out. Though it will be interesting to see how they handle the loss of Iron Man if/when it happens. Maybe we will get Iron Heart or something, but I feel the Stark Armor has been a very good thing for themselves and the Asian market.

We are certainly at a interesting juncture for where their production lines and focuses will be over the immediate next few years. Imo.

Yeah sadly I think you're right. Still I can dream.

giphy.gif

.....that they'll be all shown at SDCC this year ! :lol

So this was paid off last Thursday and Sideshow has yet to ship it.

They said they are "shipping more orders than ever" at the moment so a "delay is to be expected."

So this was paid off last Thursday and Sideshow has yet to ship it.

They said they are "shipping more orders than ever" at the moment so a "delay is to be expected."

Really that's interesting. I thought they were due next month ?

Really that's interesting. I thought they were due next month ?

They said it was in stock but "going out when available." I'm sure, as usual, if I chat again with a different person I'll get a completely different response.

When I got my SS Batman it was the same deal- they waited 11 days to ship and said they charged me "expecting it to arrive from the port" and they was a "delay." A second individual told me they had a "lots of orders going out and they need me to be patient while they get orders out."

In the grand scheme of things it is a toy and not the end of the world but it is annoying when a company you give a lot of money to tells you "to be patient."

Does anyone have this available still?

Does SSC have a license for the MCU? I don't follow statues do I don't know if they've done movie statues but they haven't done a single MCU figure right?

Hes great
2a16d5a2f0b9d734cb73b9aab0c4f9aa.jpg
35bd19e3e64ccd172ede4e4e7aa0a044.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sigh. I was waiting till I had Quill paid off before ordering Yondu through Popcultcha. Deluxe disappeared, now the regular. Sadface.

Sigh. I was waiting till I had Quill paid off before ordering Yondu through Popcultcha. Deluxe disappeared, now the regular. Sadface.

Yep. I thought there’d be a little more time to get this guy from Popcultcha. Zing has pre-sold out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. I thought there’d be a little more time to get this guy from Popcultcha. Zing has pre-sold out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like you are in Australia? These guys still have the Deluxe, I think they only ship within Australia.

https://www.gofigurecollectables.com.au

Does SSC have a license for the MCU? I don't follow statues do I don't know if they've done movie statues but they haven't done a single MCU figure right?

I think they have stuck to comic marvel figures, but they could make some great additions to the MCU without having it be specifically a MCU figure

Nice photos kazar123! :clap :rock

Yes the deluxe disappointed around 3rd June while the regular after 1 week later.

Sold. Out.

God. Damn. It.
You've gotta keep an eye on Ikoncollectables because they're the distributor and once it sells out on there, no one can restock. I noticed the deluxe had sold out there over a month ago, so put my preorder in with Popcultcha (Ikon is run by the same people).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back