Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, this is me showing you they are 7 months apart.
And this is me again saying you were comparing Secret Headquarters to Rebel Moon in your argument that I was replying to (which was released alot further apart then 7 months)

Ant Man 3 is not part of that conversation.

You seem to be stuck on my example. Maybe it was a poor example.
Previous movies in the same universe create way more connection to the viewer than ones that don't.
lol I’m not I’m just trying to understand. And I still kinda don’t. Are we still talking about how rebel moon and the other movie are treated or are you talking about ant man and rebel moon and how they both got destroyed by everyone

Nope you are not weaseling out of this one.

Your statement of I'm not saying it wouldn't. I'm saying nowhere near as much. Isn't presenting a opinion. You are stating a fact as if you have evidence that the subject is no "nowhere near as much" In order to assert your statement as holding more weight then the person you are arguing against, when it doesn't. Thus you are presenting your opinion as a fact.
It's what I believe to be the case from my own summation. Do with that what you you want.

It's what I believe to be the case from my own summation. Do with that what you you want.
Then do you have evidence to back up your summation? Or are you just going off your gut feeling, your biases, and your own perception?

I just find it a peculiar strategy is all. If (as I believe Alatar asserted at one point) the hopes were that this would become a franchise property with multiple sequels & possibly spin-offs (?), it just seems to me that he should have led with what he considered the best version of the film. As it stands now, there's a lot of negative reviews to overcome from both critics and the general audience, making it all the more difficult to change their minds with the extended R version, maintain their interest in Part 2 and attract additional viewers. Fair or not, given all the content available to us now a lot of people depend on word of mouth and reviews to determine what they do and do not watch. Leading off with what may be the lesser version just seems unwise to me.
Just sayin' throwing in more sex and violence isn't gonna help IMO poor editing, laughable mishmash creations of scenes from other films, tepid script. It's not like Kingdom of Heaven where the director's cut is definitely the one to watch because IMO a good film was improved by not having choppy editing needed for an in-theater view (to cut the time down).

I'll watch part 2 'coz why not, but if it never happened I wouldn't care.

You mean you needed to move the goal posts again?

Generally people who aren't invested in the MCU wouldn't go watch Ant Man 3, or go to a forum to talk about it. IT would make sense the same is true with people not interested in ZS or Rebel Moon.

Are you saying people who aren't interested in ZS or Rebel Moon are talking bad about Rebel Moon?
Not even slightly, still on the exact course I was at the beginning. I just missed two letters.

The general audience will go and watch a superhero movie just as something to do.

Not even slightly, still on the exact course I was at the beginning. I just missed two letters.

The general audience will go and watch a superhero movie just as something to do.
Actually, the current data shows otherwise. Superhero movies are underperforming across the genre.

You also dodged my question.

And you do actually keep moving goal posts you've been called on it a couple times already, not just by me.

And this is me again saying you were comparing Secret Headquarters to Rebel Moon in your argument that I was replying to (which was released alot further apart then 7 months)

Ant Man 3 is not part of that conversation.
Yes and I said maybe it's not the best example. Here I was simply pointing out the timeframe.

lol I’m not I’m just trying to understand. And I still kinda don’t. Are we still talking about how rebel moon and the other movie are treated or are you talking about ant man and rebel moon and how they both got destroyed by everyone
Maybe I can't get you to understand.

I've written enough in here in previous posts that explain it. If you don't get it that is fine. Maybe Alatar might be able to put what I'm saying better.

Then do you have evidence to back up your summation? Or are you just going off your gut feeling, your biases, and your own perception?
Actually, the current data shows otherwise. Superhero movies are underperforming across the genre.

You also dodged my question.

And you do actually keep moving goal posts you've been called on it a couple times already, not just by me.
Data shows what? That the general audience now won't go and see a superhero movie as something to do?

I don't keep moving anything. I may say I used a bad example or spelled something wrong.

Data shows what? That the general audience now won't go and see a superhero movie as something to do?

I don't keep moving anything. I may say I used a bad example or spelled something wrong.
Super hero movies are under performing. The GA isn't going to them as much as they used to. So yes they are finding other things to do then go to a super hero movie.

When you keep pivoting, bring up whataboutisms, and cherry picking statments, that goal post moving, and you've actively engaged in all three.

Back