Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't Reeve Superman kill Zod after breaking his hand? :lol Strange to see that as a negative against Snyder all the time. And Cavill was actually reluctant to do it lol. Even Keaton Batman killed tons of people.

Didn't Reeve Superman kill Zod after breaking his hand? :lol Strange to see that as a negative against Snyder all the time. And Cavill was actually reluctant to do it lol. Even Keaton Batman killed tons of people.
Yeah, I had no issue with superman killing in that moment. I had other issues with the film but that bit didn't bother me

That would have been hilarious if Snyder had followed Otomofan's template for lazy type-casting.

"Hey we need a black guy to run up a huge metal tube and then leap onto a giant ship (that was being sneaky) and attack it with a sword, call Idris Elba!"

lol

That would have been hilarious if Snyder had followed Otomofan's template for lazy type-casting.

"Hey we need a black guy to run up a huge metal tube and then leap onto a giant ship (that was being sneaky) and attack it with a sword, call Idris Elba!"

lol
I need to watch it again, which will happen with my wife and son, but is that what he did, he turned the turbo lasers onto the ship itself because it wasn’t very clear.

Or was it and I was just drunk in blunt force Snyder mode to even notice lol

I really really am looking forward to the hard R cut.

He said because it’s not DC characters he can go full on Verhoevan hard R! :yess:

I need to watch it again, which will happen with my wife and son, but is that what he did, he turned the turbo lasers onto the ship itself because it wasn’t very clear.

Or was it and I was just drunk in blunt force Snyder mode to even notice lol
I believe he reached in and moved the control stick to make it crash into the dock.

Look I’m not about to start trying to convince people who thought this was terrible that they are wrong because in certain ways they’re not wrong!

But that’s what I loved about it!

It fits perfectly into my 80s sci-fi fantasy mode you have no idea how much I wanted these movies to exist in the 80s but they were limited in special effects and budget.

You really had to live in that decade at my age to fully understand and appreciate that Conan the Barbarian 1 and Robocop 1 were diamonds in the rough!

Sword and the Sorcerer and Krull comes to mind really quickly lol

Once the R cut arrives I will definitely be grateful for ZS giving me a guilty pleasure Corman 80’s trash movie to cherish that will hopefully also have some quality Verhoeven parts to elevate the entertainment level.

Look I’m not about to start trying to convince people who thought this was terrible that they are wrong because in certain ways they’re not wrong!

But that’s what I loved about it!

It fits perfectly into my 80s sci-fi fantasy mode you have no idea how much I wanted these movies to exist in the 80s but they were limited in special effects and budget.

You really had to live in that decade at my age to fully understand and appreciate that Conan the Barbarian 1 and Robocop 1 were diamonds in the rough!

Sword and the Sorcerer and Krull comes to mind really quickly lol

Once the R cut arrives I will definitely be grateful for ZS giving me a guilty pleasure Corman 80’s trash movie to cherish that will hopefully also have some quality Verhoeven parts to elevate the entertainment level.
Exactly! I watch and enjoy so much schocky sci-fi (going back to Corman, Laserblast, etc.) that this film's "offenses" don't bother me in the slightest. RM did a good job of bringing back mainstream yet still slightly unpleasant sci-fi in the tradition of Lynch's Dune, elements of Star Trek II, Enemy Mine, etc. Stuff that I wish never went away.

Looking forward to the R-rated cut going full Verhoeven. Does anyone know when that is supposed to be released?

Exactly! I watch and enjoy so much schocky sci-fi (going back to Corman, Laserblast, etc.) that this film's "offenses" don't bother me in the slightest. RM did a good job of bringing back mainstream yet still slightly unpleasant sci-fi in the tradition of Lynch's Dune, elements of Star Trek II, Enemy Mine, etc. Stuff that I wish never went away.

Looking forward to the R-rated cut going full Verhoeven. Does anyone know when that is supposed to be released?
Summer 2024

2 separate movies.

I understand the business decisions but man it would’ve been awesome to just get the proper cuts right now instead of the watered down rushed version.

I’m calling this version the Buffinator Eye Roll cut lol

I loved RM. Look forward to seeing the next part. I'll take this over anything from Disney Star Wars aside from Rogue One which I loved.

Too bad folks despise this film. Oh well. It'd of been fun discussing the stuff we enjoyed about it together. But, I've noticed just saying you enjoyed a Synder film will immediately trigger a not so small group of people so I suppose I have that coming after posting this lol.

Let me be perfectly clear I don’t think the hard R cut is all of a sudden going to make this movie Lawrence of Arabia but I guarantee it’s going to be an awesome roller coaster ride.

His Army of the Dead sucked as bad as Sucker Punch so i’m no blind ZS lover lol

Summer 2024

2 separate movies.

I understand the business decisions but man it would’ve been awesome to just get the proper cuts right now instead of the watered down rushed version.

I’m calling this version the Buffinator Eye Roll cut lol
Okay thanks I won't bother with the sanitized Part 2 and will just re-up my Netlfix subscription when I can watch the proper version in it's entirety.

lol

"How should we introduce Djimon Hounsou from Gladiator's character?"

"Hmmm. Tricky one. I got it! Make him a gladiator and put him inside the Colosseum!!"

"Wait...what? I don't think-"

"I said make him a gladiator and put him inside the Colosseum, damn it!!"

Oh no, I'm disappointed. But I understand. Well, if more people start coming around on this movie over the holidays I hope you'll reconsider posting at least a short version of your review here.

Look, it won Khev over and Jye will likely enjoy the 'hard R' version so you're in good company. I wonder what JAWS will think?

You're making me want to watch it again to confirm but I kind of don't want to until it's the proper R-rated version, lol. Now that I know that this was shortened and heavily censored I want it to fade as much as possible until I get to experience it properly. :)

Oh no, I'm disappointed. But I understand. Well, if more people start coming around on this movie over the holidays I hope you'll reconsider posting at least a short version of your review here.

Look, it won Khev over and Jye will likely enjoy the 'hard R' version so you're in good company. I wonder what JAWS will think?

I appreciate that, thank you!

This is the thesis that I mentioned for what I see in the inkblot of Rebel Moon is here for any that cares to plow through it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Snyderverse/s/LP3aw867Uk

I’m thinking of our discussion of Star Wars, and how groundbreaking that felt at the time… even though it was in fact highly derivative!—although its elements were sewn together in a way that felt exciting and fresh…

As I’ve said numerous times, if my thesis holds water what Rebel Moon is exploring is not a new idea. But it doesn’t have to be. In fact it’s an ancient one—and that‘s not a bad thing, it’s a good thing. Tolkien, for example, drew upon “old ideas” with his own homage to the ancient myths of Northern Europe. Stories, and story elements, their symbolism, etc., don’t have to be akin to Einstein’s theory of relativity for fiction in order to be deeply satisfying, lol.

One thing that Zack Snyder’s work in general makes me realize… and this certainly is true for Rebel Moon in spades… and I’m generalizing beyond film appreciation to everything in life, philosophically… is that there’s the object as it actually exists, standing independently from us in external reality, and what that thing also stimulates in the human psyche—which is heavily shaped by the idealizations of what we desire, wish for, hope for, etc., in our fantasy and imagination. And also what offends and repulses us, makes us fearful, resentful about, angry about, etc. We’re constantly working that problem out. And all human psychological distress and contentment more can be constructively inspected in this way.*

Some will see that as intellectually pretentious. I don‘t give a damn.

When I watch Rebel Moon I appreciate it from the perspective of its creator, more or less. I’m not mentally asking it to be anything other than what it is. I think what it is, is extremely rich, nuanced, and layered. But that is in the context of reality itself containing successively deeper layers to peel back. There’s an enormous amount of lore and backstory that exists behind what we’re seeing on the screen. It’s also a saga that is going to unfold and develop over time. I’m patient about that. I’m intrigued at what I’m seeing that will later be shown to connect with other dimensions to the story as the tale unfolds. I’m excited for that!

But anyway, these are some of the reasons why I love what I’m seeing!

*Lol, to translate this to the most mundane terms, it shows up in what we’re doing with our appreciation of 1/6 figures as well, right? Finally here on Christmas morning I unboxed Soosoo Ozymandias and I’m very, very pleased. To my brain the head sculpts are both great! I love the suit and cape. I‘m pleased as punch. I can appreciate and respect that some were very disappointed with it, but it looks beautiful to me. Just another of endless examples of how differently we can see the same objects.

Last edited:
This was so bad. I saw the trailer, and thought that looks like a Girl Boss. Before release, epople started calling it a Star Wars killer. I saw it, and it was so bad.

Then when released everyone said the same thing, it's bad. I coouldn't believe how she literally over powered everyone. I don't even know teh names, but the main female. One scene I counted her overpowering men/same men, 15 times...might be off by a few times...but legit crazy.

When I mean overpowered, out muscled. This was shockingly terrible. I think Zack Snyder is a terrible director, had 1 or 2 great movies, but this was him selling out I think. I never seen a Snyder movie this bad and have to believe he was forced to include the girl bossing.

Back