Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You liked it though, right Khev?
Yep, very much so. Thought it had great stakes, cool and despicable bad guys, a fun and cool looking cast, awesome production design and visuals, really good world building and a genuine sense of tension throughout.

I really got the sense that you had to be a badass to thrive in this galaxy's outer rim. To me RM just packed a punch sorely lacking in so much of modern Star Wars.

I didn't mind any of the common tropes because I just pretty much took it as a straight remake of Kurosawa in the tradition of Fistful of Dollars and Magnificent Seven.

Yep, very much so. Thought it had great stakes, cool and despicable bad guys, a fun and cool looking cast, awesome production design and visuals, really good world building and a genuine sense of tension throughout.

I really got the sense that you had to be a badass to thrive in this galaxy's outer rim. To me RM just packed a punch sorely lacking in so much of modern Star Wars.

I didn't mind any of the common tropes because I just pretty much took it as a straight remake of Kurosawa in the tradition of Fistful of Dollars and Magnificent Seven.
:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

It was a nasty galaxy.

I wish I had this mivie in the 80’s instead of Battle Beyond the Stars and Beastmaster.
Yeah what I've never been able to figure out is why we don't have a hundred "Rebel Moons" by now. Despite SW's success no one ever seemed to want to build their own sprawling sci-fi universe directly for the big screen aside from James Cameron. I wonder if we have the 1984 Dune to thank for that.

Thankfully, the villain was there to recap the recruits backstory for us, one by one, in case you weren't paying attention.
The other part of this that annoyed me is that initially ZS did have the Charlie Hunnam character give us the lowdown on who they were recruiting but then those details fell by the wayside. Between that and the complete lack of character interaction or development of chemistry/camaraderie between them made it hard to care if they lived or died in the final battle. Come the end Kora and Gunnar were the only characters we knew well enough to really care about. Nemesis and Tarak were cool in their action scenes and you wanted to learn more about them but alas Zack didn't think the development of key supporting characters was warranted....or (as Wor-Gar would say) it's in Part 2 lol...

To me RM just packed a punch sorely lacking in so much of modern Star Wars.

This movie was lazy, rushed, sloppy, derivative and had dialogue "so hackneyed it would make Stan Lee blush."

But I'd still watch it on repeat before sitting through one viewing of any of the Disney SW movies.

Any idea what this scene was supposed to symbolize?

rm.jpg

:monkey3

Agree to disagree - if this was a straight up remake of Seven Samurai or The Magnificent Seven I think the majority of reviews would be quite positive, but this was more of a strip mining operation that in the process lost much of what made those movies great.

Agree to disagree - if this was a straight up remake of Seven Samurai or The Magnificent Seven I think the majority of reviews would be quite positive, but this was more of a strip mining operation that in the process lost much of what made those movies great.
I agree with the severe stripping so hopefully the 16 hour Super Snyder Cut puts some much needed layers back on.

Plus I want to see the nastier R Spider with different head eating a kid lol

Back