Will you watch Avatar 2 In THEATERS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will you watch avatar 2 in theaters

• Definitely yes

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • oh HELL NO!

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Ill watch it online

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I hate Polls

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
I saw part of the first one on DVD. Not interested in revisiting that "universe" again. I don't get much out of visual spectacle for the sake of being a visual spectacle. Will go see the Rifftrax version of the Room instead.

I love what Cameron has done previously in his career, but this just doesn't speak to me at all.

A little early for this poll, since the movie is years away from release and hasn't generated any excitement yet. That's the thing, love him or hate him, Cameron always manages to generate high levels of interest in his film.

I have faith in the Cameron to make an enjoyable film so yes.

I'd be more excited about a future war Terminator movie from him but something is better than nothing.

There are a couple of liars who voted no in this poll...without a doubt

There are a bunch of lying suma ma witches in here. You will all see it...and secretly like it...until it makes too much money. And you'll buy the merchandise and dolls too.

There are a bunch of lying suma ma witches in here. You will all see it...and secretly like it...until it makes too much money. And you'll buy the merchandise and dolls too.

Thats why they were giving away the free Hot Toy of Jake Sully (that is his name right?). Plus the toys went on clearance across mass retail. Garbage merchandising property.

I only saw parts of Avatar for the first time in 2015, and it wasn't my thing. I'm sure it will look beautiful on the big screen though! There's always a bunch of movies that I want to see a year, but I only end up seeing one or 2 max, so it's pretty unlikely I'll see it. I'm making an exception for Batman movies though.

For 2016, I'm probably going to end up just seeing BvS and Suicide Squad, but I'm hoping to see Civil War, X-Men Apocalypse, and Rogue One.

For 2017, I'm locked in with Justice League, and I'll see Wonder Woman and Star Wars Episode VIII depending on reviews. If Wonder Woman and Star Wars get bad reviews, I guess there's a chance, but I doubt it. I think they're going to be great.

No. That's less of a commentary on Avatar than on how infrequently I see theatrical movies these days. The commentary on Avatar is that I probably won't watch it when it hits HBO, either.

SnakeDoc

Thats why they were giving away the free Hot Toy of Jake Sully (that is his name right?). Plus the toys went on clearance across mass retail. Garbage merchandising property.

I only remember seeing the mattel exo-suit and Sigorney Weaver's character going on clearance.

As for high end, that was just because of Hot Toys' ineptitude. Tons of people were clamoring for Hot Toys Jake , Neytiri and Quartich in those threads and they never had anything for when the movie came out . . . or when the blu Ray came out. Once Jake Sully finally debuted, it was too little too late. Took them three years to debut one character.

I saw part of the first one on DVD. Not interested in revisiting that "universe" again.

4268258666_e8c36c2917_o.jpg

What i find funny is that people say they crave for originality, so they tear a new ass to AVATAR by calling it Dance with wolves in space (as if it was the worst thing ever) every time they can but yet praise TFA, wich is completely unoriginal (yet very entertaining) or make huge success of Transformers and other ****** blockbusters.

I could easely destroy AVATAR, the story yes has been told a gazilion times, the visuals dragons, six legged monkeys, horses, rhinos and so on.
But there are things that still make it a worthy film in my opinion among all the crass blockbusters horizon.
First there is absolutely no cynicism from Cameron, he really love this project and its not a cash grab project but a labor of love.
Its also just freaking impressive to look out, i mean seriously this is not just eye candy for me, but my brain was like wtf those characters are real, not every scenes mind you, but the first avatar connexion or the dragon taming are magicien on screen for me.
They feel absolutely real to my eyes and im baffled because its not just technology, just fx, its a above that.
Im mean no other movie made me believe that well for something so alien to exists, not even some of the most beautiful pratical effects.
The story is not original yeah but i took it as a set up, world building, and yet give the same story to any other pseudo filmmaker and yu would have a ******, badly told and paced flick.
Cameron is a master as its craft even his worst is millions miles above the rest.
Its kinda baffles me that people who dislike the movie treat it as bad as a Bay, Anderson, wiseman or Rattner flick.
Im definitly sure that Cameron Will deliver visually wise, its on the story that people are waiting for him knives all sharpened.
Cameron scripts have always been pretty straigtforward, hes not Nolan, hes not trying to out smart his audience.
He ´s just giving good Old school solid entertainment most of the time with archetypal characters in archetypal stories.
At least hes doing it right.

What i find funny is that people say they crave for originality, so they tear a new ass to AVATAR by calling it Dance with wolves in space (as if it was the worst thing ever) every time they can but yet praise TFA, wich is completely unoriginal (yet very entertaining) or make huge success of Transformers and other ****** blockbusters.

I could easely destroy AVATAR, the story yes has been told a gazilion times, the visuals dragons, six legged monkeys, horses, rhinos and so on.
But there are things that still make it a worthy film in my opinion among all the crass blockbusters horizon.
First there is absolutely no cynicism from Cameron, he really love this project and its not a cash grab project but a labor of love.
Its also just freaking impressive to look out, i mean seriously this is not just eye candy for me, but my brain was like wtf those characters are real, not every scenes mind you, but the first avatar connexion or the dragon taming are magicien on screen for me.
They feel absolutely real to my eyes and im baffled because its not just technology, just fx, its a above that.
Im mean no other movie made me believe that well for something so alien to exists, not even some of the most beautiful pratical effects.
The story is not original yeah but i took it as a set up, world building, and yet give the same story to any other pseudo filmmaker and yu would have a ******, badly told and paced flick.
Cameron is a master as its craft even his worst is millions miles above the rest.
Its kinda baffles me that people who dislike the movie treat it as bad as a Bay, Anderson, wiseman or Rattner flick.
Im definitly sure that Cameron Will deliver visually wise, its on the story that people are waiting for him knives all sharpened.
Cameron scripts have always been pretty straigtforward, hes not Nolan, hes not trying to out smart his audience.
He ´s just giving good Old school solid entertainment most of the time with archetypal characters in archetypal stories.
At least hes doing it right.

I didn't like it because I thought it was a preachy white-SJW wet-dream ... about a self-hating 'oppressor' that wants to become an oppressed minority so he can save the noble savages from white imperialists like him. Blah.

And, it lacked originality.

It was pretty, though.

SnakeDoc

Back