Which Batman film is better?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Batman film is your favorite? Which one do you like best?

• Batman Begins

Votes: 56 27.2%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 51 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dark Knight Rises for sure, it had its flaws but aside from that it was a brilliant way to end the trilogy. After watching the Avengers I knew that DKR would need a lot of actions scenes to actually compete with the Avengers, I think Nolan did a great job ecspecially the scene when
Spoiler Spoiler:

Currently my vote is TDKR.

It may or may not revert to BB over time, we'll see.

That's something I'm stuck on too.

My gut is saying Begins was a better movie, but there's a very small corner of my brain that's quietly telling me that I know it's not true, and it's very sure of itself.

Begins was an easier movie to make. It reminds me of Fellowship of the Ring, in how it was the tightest of that trilogy. A New Hope is the same. But, none of them were as sprawling and complex as their finales. I felt like I was reading a 19th century novel watching TDKR. That opens things up for problems like difficult pacing (Return of the King was a prime example of that). I'm just not sure that quirks like that are all that important.

That's something I'm stuck on too.

My gut is saying Begins was a better movie, but there's a very small corner of my brain that's quietly telling me that I know it's not true, and it's very sure of itself.

Begins was an easier movie to make. It reminds me of Fellowship of the Ring, in how it was the tightest of that trilogy. A New Hope is the same. But, none of them were as sprawling and complex as their finales. I felt like I was reading a 19th century novel watching TDKR. That opens things up for problems like difficult pacing (Return of the King was a prime example of that). I'm just not sure that quirks like that are all that important.

Exactly how I feel at the moment.

Add to that the emotional weight I felt in TDKR - I felt fear, I felt the pain, I felt the sorrow.

I was moved by begins but not to this extent.

Exactly how I feel at the moment.

Add to that the emotional weight I felt in TDKR - I felt fear, I felt the pain, I felt the sorrow.

I was moved by begins but not to this extent.

And that emotion came from all of them. I was especially impressed by Bane, actually. He could have been a simple, obedient dog to the dream that Ra's instilled in him (no matter how profound the dream was, and how profound a mind it would take to fulfill the mission), and he was right up until it was revealed who the child in the pit was. Anyone can be a one-note badass. To be that hardcore and still have such intense passion beneath it all makes for a hell of a character. Far more appropriate to Dostoevsky than a comic book.

And that emotion came from all of them. I was especially impressed by Bane, actually. He could have been a simple, obedient dog to the dream that Ra's instilled in him (no matter how profound the dream was, and how profound a mind it would take to fulfill the mission), and he was right up until it was revealed who the child in the pit was. Anyone can be a one-note badass. To be that hardcore and still have such instense emotion beneath it all makes for a hell of a character.

Hardy did a phenomenal job. Especially having to communicate so much emotion merely through his eyes.

Couple of moments with JGL really hit the perfect note for me as well

1. When he immediately regrets killing those two, you see it in his eyes
2. When he's looking on in wonder at Batman dismantling the merc's, with just the right amount of force, no killing, just incapacitating.
3. When he sees the bomb go off.

Stay out of this thread :medic

Spoilers galore

I've already spoilt a few details on myself

Spoiler Spoiler:

How it all happens will still be of interest of course.

Couple of moments with JGL really hit the perfect note for me as well

1. When he immediately regrets killing those two, you see it in his eyes
2. When he's looking on in wonder at Batman dismantling the merc's, with just the right amount of force, no killing, just incapacitating.
3. When he sees the bomb go off.

1. Of course he did, they could have been interrogated.
2. Of course he did, they were going rape him.
3. Yes Boy Wonder, lets look at the flash of a nuclear bomb going off so you can become Daredevil instead of Nightwing.

Back