Which Batman film is better?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Batman film is your favorite? Which one do you like best?

• Batman Begins

Votes: 56 27.2%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 51 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DiFabio

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm surprised Nova didn't make this.

Since Nolan's take on the Caped Crusader has now come to an end with this year's, The Dark Knight Rises, which film of the three is your favorite? Why is it your favorite?

BATMAN BEGINS

poster4.jpg

THE DARK KNIGHT

The+Dark+Knight+(2008)+Why+So+Serious+Teaser.jpg

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

the-dark-knight-rises-teaser-poster.jpg

CHOOSE WISELY

No poll = fail, numbnuts. :wave

Edit: Ah, there it is. :lol No brainer. Voted Begins. It finally gives Batman the origin he deserves and is overall, one of the best superhero movies ever made. TDK was good but too dense (too many things forced into it). TDKR failed to match TDK and had some issues I felt were glaring.

Oh man, I wondered when this thread was going to be started.

IF YOU DON'T VOTE BB I AM NOT COMING OVER TO HANG OUT ANYMORE.

I love them all but I am going to go with TDKR. Not because it's fresh or the latest one I saw (I went to the marathon :lol) but because I thought it had a great balance of all kinds of aspects/feels to it. TDK was a bit too dark for my taste, Batman Begins was a great origin -- but Bruce becoming Batman again was brilliant. Loved Anne. I also enjoyed Blake and Miranda Tate.

The Dark Knight for me. I loved everything about it. But I will say the margin between all 3 is narrow

TDKR, but at this point, it all feels like one movie, and I'm choosing the end because that's where the climax happens.

Does that mean you like ROTJ over ESB, simply because the "climax" happens in the last film? Clearly, ESB is the better film... (at least IMHO).

And for the record, I'm simply curious. Not out to ruffle feathers.

I just realized I didn't say why I like BB over the others. Like Nam, said, it gives us the Batman origin story that the character deserves but it's also goes even further by being an origin that most people didn't know they wanted. It becomes this by showing us Bruce's journey from being a merely a young man with a drive to a man with the skills to fulfill a purpose. It's even more in-depth than Batman: Year One, the story that epitomizes what the Batman origin is to me. And I also think the central theme in it is stronger than that of TDK's (or at least, it is presented more eloquently).

I liked TDK, but I thought most of what made it great was Heath Ledger. Ultimately, I thought the plot was threadbare and many of the performances were rather unexceptional (Maggie, Eckhart, and Bale especially). The third act also drags, especially during the ferry sequence.

I'm still stewing over TDKR, but I already know I don't like it as much as BB, although it shares a lot of the emotional (not to mention plot) threads from it.

Does that mean you like ROTJ over ESB, simply because the "climax" happens in the last film? Clearly, ESB is the better film... (at least IMHO).

You're assuming by "climax" he meant the film's end. :nono

I just realized I didn't say why I like BB over the others. Like Nam, said, it gives us the Batman origin story that the character deserves but it's also goes even further by being an origin that most people didn't know they wanted. It becomes this by showing us Bruce's journey from being a merely a young man with a drive to a man with the skills to fulfill a purpose. It's even more in-depth than Batman: Year One, the story that epitomizes what the Batman origin is to me. And I also think the central theme in it is stronger than that of TDK's (or at least, it is presented more eloquently).

I liked TDK, but I thought most of what made it great was Heath Ledger. Ultimately, I thought the plot was threadbare and many of the performances were rather unexceptional (Maggie, Eckhart, and Bale especially). The third act also drags, especially during the ferry sequence.

I'm still stewing over TDKR, but I already know I don't like it as much as BB, although it shares a lot of the emotional (not to mention plot) threads from it.

What he said minus unexceptional acting part.

You're assuming by "climax" he meant the film's end. :nono

:yess::yess::yess:

I don't have feathers. :lol

No, I like ESB better. And I'd be crazy to say that the climax in the Star Wars trilogy was not epic. I think the constant chang in directors had something to do with the disparity.

This trilogy was consistent in that regard.

Back