Which Batman film is better?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Batman film is your favorite? Which one do you like best?

• Batman Begins

Votes: 56 27.2%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 99 48.1%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 51 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While I think TDK is the best of the bunch, Begins is the best Batman movie.

And ESB is the most overrated movie in history.

I have trouble viewing this as a trilogy due to the differences in tone, story, style and visuals throughout the three films. They feel like different universes to me.

- Begins Gotham/Docks/The Narrows. The look and feel of Gotham in Batman Begins is similar to Batman '89 and Blade Runner then it is a real city. It rains, it has the monorail. It's more fantastical and stylized like the Gotham of the comics. These things don't exist in TDK or TDKR.

- TDK is 100% Chicago

- TDKR is Pittsburgh, LA and New York

- Katie Holmes Rachel becoming Maggie Gyllenhaal Rachel is jarring.

- Little Jimmy Gordon. In Batman Begins he's a crying infant, no older than 1 or 2 years old (very much like Batman: Year One). In The Dark Knight, which takes place a year later ("a year ago these cops and lawyers wouldn't dare cross any of you"), Jimmy Gordon is 8 or 10.

1 to 10 in about a year? He must have been eating his spinach

- Wayne Enterprises is located at the Wayne Tower building (Chicago World of Trade). In TDK and TDKR, Wayne Enterprises is changed. In TDKR it becomes Trump Tower.

- The complete absence and mention of the Joker in TDKR. He no longer exists as he's reconnected out of TDKR's history. Yet, Rachel and Dent somehow remain.

Other than Bruce Wayne's characterization and arc, I view each film as part of it's own universe. They just look and feel so different and far removed from each other.

Begins is an adventure comic book origin story.

The Dark Knight is a crime drama/action story.

The Dark Knight Rises is a disaster/war story.

This isn't like LOTR where they were filmed back to back and are part of a whole. It's more like the Star Wars film where each film was thought up and worked on one film at a time. In Star Wars, Darth Vader isn't Luke's father. The tone and look of the film is vastly different than Empire's. In Empire Luke and Leia are not brother and sister, etc. etc.

I view each of them separately. The only constant is Bruce Wayne.

8 years later there is no need to mention the Joker. He is old news. Hell, the inmates he was going to blow up prolly beat his ass every day and he spends all his time wimpering in the corner of his cell. If he is even alive.

I voted TDK but the thing I missed the most from batman begins is the set design. you could tell alot of that film was shot on a studio and it was very stylized, which added to the comic element. From TDK on everything was pretty much on location, which made it seem more real, but less comic book like, which begins excelled at. but TDK is ultimately the best film in the trilogy, even if it's not the best batman film.

I liked that everything looked real in the last 2. The fact that the villains weren't some crazy unbelievable story. Yeah BB had the comic feel. Batman was fighting more in the slums in that one. There was city shots. I like how the outside world got involved in TDKR. I was wondering if the military was going to get involved. So happy Nolan added that to the movie. Seeing the jets fly by the city. Felt real. :D

I didn't like the change in actors for Rachel either but I heard Katie Holmes didn't want to be involved in TDK.

She was let go for an actress who, and I quote, "could really act." I think the craziness with Tom might've also had a bit to do with them firing her. Though I think most of us would've rather watched cute Katie suffer through her dialogue than Crypt Keeper Maggie trying to be sexy. :gah:

I just watched BB and I was convinced and entertained by Katie's performance. :lecture I think and I'm not alone that she can act. Otherwise she wouldn't be an actor.

So any chance down the road the story continues under Nolan? Like George Lucas did with Star Wars... Though this would hopefully continue with the story not go back to tell what happened before as Lucas did. I'll answer. It's possible though if it plays out as Lucas did it could be 25 years... Or whatever it was. :lol

She was let go for an actress who, and I quote, "could really act." I think the craziness with Tom might've also had a bit to do with them firing her. Though I think most of us would've rather watched cute Katie suffer through her dialogue than Crypt Keeper Maggie trying to be sexy. :gah:

I agree with that... Kate fits more with Bale than Maggie as far as looks go. However to my surprise I know several gals who think Bale is a total dogface. So maybe Maggie might be a better matchup in that regard? :monkey1

One thing that sort of stood out to me last night while watching TDK was Gyllenhaal's not-so-great acting...

Didn't think the guy who played Harvey Dent was much better to be honest.

I don't think the "action" scenes in TDK were that great. Tumbler driving around, bumping into cars...or Batman just..punching people.

I think the Joker was my favorite part of TDK.

So any chance down the road the story continues under Nolan? Like George Lucas did with Star Wars... Though this would hopefully continue with the story not go back to tell what happened before as Lucas did. I'll answer. It's possible though if it plays out as Lucas did it could be 25 years... Or whatever it was. :lol

It could happen down the road... the size of the check offered will probably be the deciding factor. So who knows? :dunno

Back