WATCHMEN: The DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it really is annoying that a better version will be coming out later. but that's what all the studios are doing now...

so, in this version coming out, the footage from the black freighter is not inserted back into the film?

it really is annoying that a better version will be coming out later. but that's what all the studios are doing now...

so, in this version coming out, the footage from the black freighter is not inserted back into the film?

Correct. That (and a few small Two Bernies scenes) will be the only difference in the movie itself.

By the way, THIS is amazing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m27Z9BIT3G899J

Be sure to watch the 2nd clip as well (Opening Fight Scene).

And we're gonna have this for the entire Director's Cut on Blu-ray! :google :google :google

Snyder :rock

thanks Irish! that is awesome. definite purchase (even though i'll get the even better one when it comes out as well)

damn this addiction.

Does anyone know if Best Buy is having anything special for this? Nothing up on their website yet.

Just curious, but what exactly is the Amazon set made out of? Is it polystone, porcelin, plastic, etc.? 85 bucks seems like a bit much if it's just gonna be a plastic toy.

I'm sure it's more than just cheap PVC. Also, it looks pretty nicely detailed and it does light up.

And, remember you're getting the 3-Disc Blu-ray set with it as well, which is about $30 right there.

Preorder the director's cut DVD or Blu-ray from WBshop.com and get Tales of the Black Freighter for $5.

watchmen_pre_body_WB.jpg
watchmen_pre_5dollars.jpg

Not trying to start a debate here on wether or not anyone liked the music in the film, but I didn't, and I know a lot of times in the directors cut, there's an addition or subtraction, or in Ridley Scott's case a completely different soundtrack sometimes. Has there been any talk of that for the directors cut of this?

Not trying to start a debate here on wether or not anyone liked the music in the film, but I didn't, and I know a lot of times in the directors cut, there's an addition or subtraction, or in Ridley Scott's case a completely different soundtrack sometimes. Has there been any talk of that for the directors cut of this?

Hmm, never thought of that before...
I really hope the music stays the same, I really enjoyed it :)

I just found out that the DVD will come out in The Netherlands on september 10th... :(

So, pretty long wait... Or I could just import one...

Anyone knows if it is certain that the Director's Cut will only be available in the US?
The site where I found the info on the Dutch release listed two versions, with €5 difference in price, so possibly a Director's Cut :dunno

Thats fine. I may still break and get a regular BR version but I'm not sure this is a film I want multiple copies of.

Oh, I hear ya. But I see it as multiple versions of the film more than just multiple copies. Kinda like having both the Theatrical and Extended cuts of the LOTR films. In fact, I also want the standard DVD so I can have the Theatrical cut of WATCHMEN as well (the Blu-ray is the Director's Cut with the Theatrical cut only as Digital Copy).

The Extended Cut will be yet another version/cut of the film.

How long will the extended cut be vs the Directos cut vs the theatrical cut?

Theatrical Cut: 2 hours, 41 minutes

Director's Cut: 3 hours, 6 minutes

Extended Edition: 3, hours, 28 minutes

The Director's Cut will have almost 25 minutes of new footage from what we saw in Theaters. The Hollis Mason arc will be put back in, and assorted other new scenes, extended scenes, etc.

The difference between the Director's Cut and the eventual Extended Edition is that the EE will have the animated TALES OF THE BLACK FREIGHTER cut into the movie (18 minutes) plus the short bookend scenes with the 2 Bernies at the newsstand that segueway in-and-out of TOTBF.

I think all 3 cuts offer the own unique viewing experiences, so I'll want them all. And while the Theatrical Cut will clearly be the lesser of them all I'll want it for historical purposes alone.

Back