WATCHMEN: The DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to be importing then ;) god I love having multi-region.
If anyone's using their PC as a player, the region coding is in the software not the hardware so it's easy to adjust. I use Cyberlink myself and it just involves deleting one file to rest the changes :D

As far as I'm aware none of their other releases have been region locked, they don't even mention it on the packaging.

Yep movieTyme.com have confirmed that no warner blu-ray have been locked so hopefully this will be the same. :)

Exclusive to Amazon will be this version:

5822_front.jpg
5822_back.jpg

It lights up and will cost you $84.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BNKQDK

I know. It's $84 and that's the list price to me. If they are the only ones selling it, then the higher MSRP they are "discounting" from is kind of meaningless.

It looks nice, but I never buy these things. I need a regular case--all my movies go in a cabinet and I don't have room for every deluxe Batpod shaped thing that comes along and won't fit inside on the shelf.

That Owl-ship exclusive does look very good.

But I think I'll stick to the regular release, for shelfspace reasons and budgettary reasons (now that HT has released pics of their first Watchmen figure :D)

I couldn't find anything about a Dutch release for this film, I hope we're getting the Director's Cut too, otherwise I might have to import... Thank God I don't actually need the subtitles with my movies :)

so......uh.......when do you think the ULTIMATE double dip edition with everything cut back in (snyder confirmed this) will hit the streets. another year? ala new 300 edition.

so......uh.......when do you think the ULTIMATE double dip edition with everything cut back in (snyder confirmed this) will hit the streets. another year? ala new 300 edition.

2010, at the earliest.

And the only additional elements to the film itself will be the inclusion of BLACK FREIGHTER within the narrative as well as some of the book-end scenes with the two Bernies. There should be a ton of other extra material too.

2010, at the earliest.

And the only additional elements to the film itself will be the inclusion of BLACK FREIGHTER within the narrative as well as some of the book-end scenes with the two Bernies. There should be a ton of other extra material too.

yeah, i was thinking that too. depends on how impatient i get :)

I dont mind. I lost my 300 DVD anyway...and while I liked TBF, I dont think I need it in the movie. I'd like to see that cut, but I have no intention of owning it.

2010, at the earliest.

Are you sure that the ultimate version comes out at 2010? Cause a couple months ago, I read that the ultimate version was out in fall 09. So I just wanted to see if your info is accurate or not.

Back