WATCHMEN: The DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a chance to see the directors cut last night,

the first 90 mins of the film have been fleshed out and more dialog has been added to overall movie , the ending of the film- post dr manhattan and laurie on mars, hasnt seemed to change at all which was abit of a let down for me as i was hoping for abit more dialog from adrian much like the comic.

Some additions were absolutely wonderful such as...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thats all i can think of now....

I got a chance to see the directors cut last night,

the first 90 mins of the film have been fleshed out and more dialog has been added to overall movie , the ending of the film- post dr manhattan and laurie on mars, hasnt seemed to change at all which was abit of a let down for me as i was hoping for abit more dialog from adrian much like the comic.

Some additions were absolutely wonderful such as...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thats all i can think of now....

also

Spoiler Spoiler:

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Awesome stuff. I can't wait for the Blu-Ray. I see myself watching this over, and over, and over. Easily one of the best films of the year, IMO.

I'll probably re-read the GN just to get myself even more pumped.

I wonder if/when any more exclusive packaging/deals will be announced. I'm hesitant to order the Amazon set, in case something cooler comes out.

Last edited:
That and the "I HATE THE COMEDIAN" angle killed some of the movie for me. Loved it to death...but man...that disappointed me. Mainly because the acting in the mars scene was so over the top, when it didnt have to be, had they included the laurie tells all, party scene, and random "I HATE HIM SO MUCH" lines.

I got my copy of the Director's Cut Blu-ray yesterday.

With the exception of one small extended bit with Rorschach in Blake's apartment, all of the additional stuff is AMAZING and absolutely essential. It's so much better. Damn that IMAX running time constraint.

Back