Uncharted: The Movie (Now without a director, officially)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Uncharted: The Movie (Now with Mark Wahlberg, officially)

From Nathan Fillion's (super classy and awesome) Twitter page today:

(just the quote is from his twitter, not the pic)
fillion_on_wahlberg2.jpg

I think Mark will be okay, but I think the actor Alex O'Loughlin from Hawaii Five-0 (don't watch it, so don't know) has an okay likeness to play him, or Dylan McDermott maybe. Dunno about their acting skills, however.

I'm ok with Marky Mark, I just don't like the whole family dynamic thing that's been thrown around online. If it's not faithful to the game and it's characters, what's the point of calling it Uncharted?

I would love to see Nathan Fillion play Drake. Marky Marky is an "ok" actor but he always acts the same. Tries to have that serious/tough guy attitude. And he's too short. I think he's a bad choice.

This movie could be the next Indiana Jones but I'm sure it will be more like Tomb Raider. Its going to made to appeal to 10yr olds.

For Uncharted 3, the side view of Drake reminds me of David Boreanaz.

I really wish that Chloe would be back in the 3rd game. *sigh* How do I contact them about that and tell them to just do it!!!

Director David O'Russell wants Scarlett Johansson in the role of Elena in a new interview with Empire magazine:

https://kotaku.com/5749095/this-could-be-the-uncharted-movies-female-lead

O'Rusell: Ah, Elena. I've cultivated her quite a bit and I think I've added a lot of dimension to her so that's all I'm going to say. I love the woman characters and the more robust they are, the more robust the movie.

[note: Empire mentions Amy Adams]

O'Russell: Oh I would love that too, I love Amy. I also love Scarlett Johansson; there's a lot of great actors I think might suit. Hopefully, we'll see how it works out with everybody who are being scoped to do that role…

?????????????????????
500x_elena.jpg

Anytime a director uses the words "I've added" when discussing a project like this its an immediate failure.

Uncharted doesn't need anything added to it, Frodo T. Douchebaggins.

ScarJo is not a good Elena, just like Marky Mark is not a good Drake. Has this director ever played the game?

Anytime a director uses the words "I've added" when discussing a project like this its an immediate failure.

Uncharted doesn't need anything added to it, Frodo T. Douchebaggins.

Exactly. Established video game series + director's own personal vision = epic fail

I can only hope that the movie never happens at this point...

ScarJo is not a good Elena, just like Marky Mark is not a good Drake. Has this director ever played the game?

Obviously not...
Too bad... this will be bad, reminds me of Bay failing to capture the essence of Transformers... I believe he never saw the cartoon either...
therefore the result... oh well...
At least Uncharted 3 is coming out so, that'll do!! :rock!

Meh, those games are almost LIKE playing and being involved in a movie, in my opinion. The graphics and characters are just that good. ANY actor, it doesn't matter who, will be sub par to the Drake character you play as.

This is stupid, I would have never thought I'd see an UNCHARTED: THE MOVIE.

Last edited:

This is seriously shaping up to be one of the worst video game movies ever made. At this point Uwe Bol might as well direct it.

This will suck, but I assume it will make millions, and have a sequel. Look what GI Joe and the new Karate Kid did. There's a big audience for crap movies.

Apparently you guys have never seen a David O. Russell film. Until he makes a bad one, I'll see what he makes.

^ I just hate that guy. He makes good flicks...but he pisses me off as a human. And normally I can seperate the person from the profession....but not for directors. Just bothers me to the core. :lol

Disappoined. I wanted Nathan Fillion. The guy looks like Nate, he even had a poll for those who wanted him to be in it because he was interested, and not that it matters....but he has the same name haha.

I don't think Whalberg is right for the role, and DeNiro seems questionable.

Back