Uncharted: The Movie (Now without a director, officially)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Uncharted: The Movie (Now with Mark Wahlberg, officially)

Meh, those games are almost LIKE playing and being involved in a movie, in my opinion. The graphics and characters are just that good. ANY actor, it doesn't matter who, will be sub par to the Drake character you play as.

This is stupid, I would have never thought I'd see an UNCHARTED: THE MOVIE.

I agree, but a movie with someone like Nathan Fillion could be good.

This is seriously shaping up to be one of the worst video game movies ever made. At this point Uwe Bol might as well direct it.

Or M. Knight Shamalamadingdong.

The Family of characters in O. Russell's Uncharted film will feel like The Sopranos.

O. Russell tells IGN.com:

O.Russell said that the movie would describe the tale of a “tough” criminal family.

“I think if we take that family dynamic that we have in The Fighter, and put that in terms of a grander stage, with a crime family that metes out justice in the world of art and antiquities. If you’re the head of a museum, or head of state, you’ve got to deal with them, and they’re badass,” he said.

“They’re like the Sopranos in some ways, but they have great taste, and they have a sense of justice.

I would love to do that with Mark [Wahlberg], Robert De Niro, and a couple of hot women, it could be very thrilling.”

Whilst he couldn’t talk any further about it, he did hint at supernatural aspects for the movie.

“All I’m going to say – I’m not supposed to talk about it – but what’s wrong with the supernatural?”

O.Russell also talked about the pressure he’s up against from fellow gamers.

“I don’t think there are too many games you can play through that make you go – ‘Well that’ll make a great movie.’ There’s not a lot of references on it, so I don’t think there’s a blueprint that says you must directly translate the game to the screen.”

this guy is an idiot. I hope something happens in the next year or so that stops him from making this film. He has no clue what the game is about.

This is like watching one of those little kids that you know will grow up to be a tool....gradually grow up to be a tool.

Fascinating.

This project needs to die. He clearly knows nothing about this video game franchise....'tough criminal family?!?!?!?!' WTF?

Just great. I had hopes for this, and now...:angrycanu

To me, it sounds as if hes HAD a script that he wanted to do and now he's found a way to change a few names and pawn it off on us.
Hey, it might end up being a great movie.. but it WON'T be Uncharted.

News is David O. Russell is out, wooohoooo.

News is David O. Russell is out, wooohoooo.

That's cool, I hope Marky Mark walks with him. And the rest of the supporting cast. And it gets a re-write.

Details on the split:

On Thursday it came to light that Russell wouldn’t direct the action-adventure after all. But that wasn’t, it turned out, because he couldn’t decide what to do. It was because he had steamrolled ahead, but in a different direction than studio Sony wanted.

Russell had already turned in a script, but it was a script so long and so ambitious that it was at least partly responsible for the studio and him parting ways, according to two people familiar with the situation who were not authorized to talk about it publicly. (Sony declined to comment, as did a spokeswoman for Russell.)

Among the many flourishes Russell had added were a bevy of characters not in the video game. (The director had given hints of this in December when he said he loved the idea of a “a family that's a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities ... [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice.” The game centers on a lone adventurer, Nathan Drake.)

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mo...rk-wahlberg-david-russell-nathan-fillion.html

That actually bodes very well...I'm almost ok with MW if they can manage to stick closer to the elements that make the game so great.

Glad this awful movie will never happen. I still question whether Russell actually played either Uncharted game based on how he described his concept of a 'family of thieves'

Thank goodness. I also hope Marky Mark walks ! This character is so made for Nathan Fillion it's not funny !

I'd like to see Uncharted as a movie. I'm glad Russell is out, hopefully if the movie still continues they will get a better writer/director that sticks closer to home with the story of the video game. A Sopranos-style family dynamic? Really? Let's hope that still doesn't happen and Naughty Dog can give more input to the script.

PS studio execs: Wahlburg out, Fillion IN. That's what it should be. I'd even be good with David Boreanez as Drake.

Back