1/6 Toys Era - The Ock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm noticing that the arms don't quite look the way they do in the movie. Segments are too thick.

This figure does look amazing, but i've long moved on from the old spidey movies... I hope there is an MCU Doc Ock someday. I actually think Tobey Maguire would be a good casting for that role. He plays a great unstable, nerdy outcast.

Up for preorder at TNS - $205 and Giantoy - $205.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This figure does look amazing, but i've long moved on from the old spidey movies... I hope there is an MCU Doc Ock someday. I actually think Tobey Maguire would be a good casting for that role. He plays a great unstable, nerdy outcast.

Same. I would've been all over this 5-6 years ago.

So probably unlikely that I’ll get it cheaper from KGH. I tend to use them for all official stuff and OSK for unlicensed figures.
I love this movie and this character look so much. ‘Guy in trench coat’ is overdone AF but the design of the tentacles is brilliant and intimidating. It’d be great if they went the extra mile to sculpt in the spinal attachment and inhibited chip to the body. Cable got the cyborg elements on his chest so it only seems fair.

Can anyone tell if the tentacles are single rubberised pieces with a thick wire running through like the OG figure of if they’ve gone solid, individual, ball jointed segments? I’d definitely prefer the latter for numerous reasons.

Brilliant character study with heart, comedy, high stakes action where people make choices that have consequences, pay for their mistakes and learn from them, a fantastic and memorable score, glorious cinematography from a director with his own unique style and one of the most powerful speeches about heroism= boring movie- needs more fighting and boom booms.
This is why no one should ever do test screenings.

Two great fight scenes in an otherwise most boring movie.
giphy.gif

Brilliant character study with heart, comedy, high stakes action where people make choices that have consequences, pay for their mistakes and learn from them, a fantastic and memorable score, glorious cinematography from a director with his own unique style and one of the most powerful speeches about heroism= boring movie- needs more fighting and boom booms.

See, it was hearing this from people here that made me revisit it with enthusiasm... but I just didn't get any of that from this movie. Didn't need more boom boom. I didn't mean to indicate that it lacked action, because it has two really good action scenes. But I mean your description can pretty much cover many comic book movies of late... except maybe the unique style of a director. "Brilliant" seems like a strong word to start of with though for this.

I agree with your last sentence though.

For me it's always been Raimi's fun and energetic style that makes those movies work more than the stories or characterizations. And which is something I find to be sorely missing from more recent Marvel movies.

See, it was hearing this from people here that made me revisit it with enthusiasm... but I just didn't get any of that from this movie. Didn't need more boom boom. I didn't mean to indicate that it lacked action, because it has two really good action scenes. But I mean your description can pretty much cover many comic book movies of late... except maybe the unique style of a director. "Brilliant" seems like a strong word to start of with though for this.

I agree with your last sentence though.

It just hasn't aged well imo. Maguire was a solid Spidey at the time, but Tom Holland's version puts him in the shade.

I rewatched The Big Lebowski a while back - big mistake. I loved the movie when it came out, watched it about a dozen times. But 20 years later it didn't raise a single laugh and I switched it off after 20 minutes.

While I'm at it, strip back the nostalgia and Star Wars is a borefest.

Tom Holland does capture the Spiderman I remember as a kid more than Maguire for me as well. Holland has that sort of ADD fast-thinking yet rambling "kid" aspect that McGuire never had. Maguire just played dork well, an uncomfortable dork.

Not everyone can appreciate it the way we can. :wink1:

I liked Garfield's Peter Parker, at least in his first movie. Reminded me of the Ultimate version, confident yet messy.

Holland does a fine job, but his schtick gets old quick. Could be because we had already seen two modern takes on the character before he came along, could be due to the MCU's quippy formula which is only amplified in their Spider-Man stuff.

Tobey's take - and the Raimi films in general - are different. Stylistically, they seem to be a combination of Raimi's unique sensibility and the original '60s comic book stories; a bit melodramatic at times, but with an undeniable heart at their core.

Tobey was passable as a more adult version of Peter Parker, but the costume was top notch and helped alot with comedic lines Maguire could never pull off otherwise.

Garfield had the quick wit and the general attitude for a great Spiderman, but the costumes weren't as solid, the villains were terrible, and his Peter Parker was almost unbearable.

Holland is a great teen Spidey who has yet to really make the character more than a mere Avengers tie-in. His rep depends on it.

But let's be completely honest: PS4 Spiderman cannot be beat. It's not fair I know, but that's how it is.

Back