1/6 Toys Battalion - TB008 Legendary Merchant (Tom Hardy, Taboo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO disappointed in Battalion Toys! I am an eclectic collector - I like a wide range of shows/films and try to represent as many different franchises in my collection as possible rather than going “all in” on one or two. So, when I saw that TB was going to create one of my favorite recent characters from the lesser-known and highly underrated “Taboo” series, it was an instant PO for me.

That was over a year ago and when I received notification from Kit last week that the figure has been cancelled, I felt truly let down by TB. It seems there are two major reasons when this happens - either there weren't enough POs for them to see the project through OR the license owner squashed the project.

If it was lower than expected pre-orders, I wish they would have simply raised the price a bit instead of cancelling since (based on the prototype photos at least) it was shaping up to be one of their best figures to date.

If it was a matter of licensing, I wish they could have worked something out since we are unlikely to see figures from this show produced by any of the big companies and I really wanted to have this guy in my collection.

Cancelling Legendary Merchant should have been impossible anyway - for nothing stops the inexorable advance of Mr Delaney...

Back