The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact the CG used for Luke in the season 2 finale was subpar..how they expect to do even more episodes of using a younger version of Hamill as Luke in S3 :lol

Maybe the cheapest and safest way to show Luke in S3 training Grogu is this

Last edited:
The fact the CG used for Luke in the season 2 finale was subpar..how they expect to do even more episodes of using a younger version of Hamill as Luke in S3 :lol

Maybe the cheapest and safest way to show Luke in S3 training Grogu is this

That's probably why Lucasfilm just hired the Shamook guy as "Senior Facial Capture Artist" a couple of days ago.

Yeah, but for me personally, it's all ******** I have zero interest in. Darksaber and restoring Mandalore. Yawn. With Boba Fett out, and without the emotional anchor of Grogu, there's not much for me to get excited about.

I know some complained but I loved the adventure of the week format. It was all going great til Rosario Dawson showed up painted orange with weird **** on her face. That was the absolute low point of the series for me. Then it picked up again with the final 3 eps of season 2.

IMO the tension between a reluctant accidental hero (D'jarin) and more or less fanatical Bo-katan is interesting. I mean, Mando doesn't give a *&^% about this mythic lightsaber at all. I laughed when Mando tried to give it to her.

But while I KNOW Ahsoka is popular - er, not for me. I remain deflated over the show.....
Filoni_meme.jpg

IMO throwing in a significant character like Skywalker in way too soon; not focusing on new characters; IMO fast-forwarding Grogu (as far as I can tell will end up being a young version of Yoda); not putting in Sebastian Stan as Luke; the whole Carano thing - IMO a sellout vs. taking risks with the new. The same problem the ST had, among others.

I'll get shouted down from those that love the nostalgia or seeing favorite characters as live action; and I get that. It's just not what got me excited in the first place. Will be lined up with everyone else to watch the next season; just not with the same obsession. Still, there might be some great moments, like the Frog Lady and Bill Burr.

Did see someplace the Deepfake guy got hired, so maybe the CGI Luke will look less CGI'd.

That's probably why Lucasfilm just hired the Shamook guy as "Senior Facial Capture Artist" a couple of days ago.

He’s also not just a random youtuber that does deepfakes like many people seem to think. Apparently he’s actually a researcher in this field and writes papers on every deepfake he does.

I love everything about the show. It saved Star Wars. The fact that Clone Wars characters are in it, they are following through with the Rebels story, Luke in it and training Grogu, and hope that the popularity of this show will lead to an ST Retcon.... couldn’t ask for a better show if I made it myself.

I love everything about the show. It saved Star Wars. The fact that Clone Wars characters are in it, they are following through with the Rebels story, Luke in it and training Grogu, and hope that the popularity of this show will lead to an ST Retcon.... couldn’t ask for a better show if I made it myself.
The show is pretty much perfect. Hoping they shift the focus back on Mando in season 3.

The show is pretty much perfect. Hoping they shift the focus back on Mando in season 3.
I really wonder what route they're going to take in regards to Grogu. He's become too popular to just keep completely out of the season, but I feel like it can't become the Grogu-show either, because it still is The Mandalorian.

I expect that Din Djarin will team-up with Bo Katan, but I'm not sure I like that. I didn't like Bo Katan and Koska Reeves as characters.

Come to think about it now, the best supporting characters seem to be gone now... Boba and Fennec are back on Tatooine, Grogu is with Luke and Cara Dune will probably have died in an offscreen spaceship-crash or something... Hopefully we'll see Greef and Mayfeld again, possibly Cobb Vanth, or Din might find some new friends.

He’s also not just a random youtuber that does deepfakes like many people seem to think. Apparently he’s actually a researcher in this field and writes papers on every deepfake he does.
I did not know that. The guy also has an incredible talent for this stuff. A benefit to Lucasfilm.

I really wonder what route they're going to take in regards to Grogu. He's become too popular to just keep completely out of the season, but I feel like it can't become the Grogu-show either, because it still is The Mandalorian.
Catch 22. Part of what makes the show great but his story has been told - for a show about a Mando.

Dude...what's your problem? You're acting like a little kid who's parents said "no" and now you're gonna keep testing them til they lose their patience and actually give you a hard spanking on your ass.

I'm not a mod, never been a mod, never aspired to be a mod, but I've been using forums like this for decades. I know better than to purposefully antagonize after being warned not to. I guess some kids just like to play with matches I guess.

It looks like Darth Snoopy merged 2.0 into the original, but forgot to unlock the original.

Apparently season 3 hasn't even started shooting yet. It's set to start in September. Why? Why not give this show the highest priority possible? Two year wait is ridiculous.

Apparently season 3 hasn't even started shooting yet. It's set to start in September. Why? Why not give this show the highest priority possible? Two year wait is ridiculous.
I'm guessing it's because Favreau and Filoni have been working on Book of Boba Fett. They only wrapped filming on that in June. Plus, it would be expected that post-production would also involve them to some degree. What little remaining time they've had beyond that is what would be used for ironing out the plots and framework for Season 3 of Mando before filming starts on it.

Personally, I'm surprised and impressed that filming on Mando would be starting this soon after wrapping on BoBF. Especially considering that other tie-in shows are also in development at the same time.

Book of Boba is basically taking the place of Mando this year on Disney+ (with the same December release schedule). Same creators, same time frame. Season 3 of Mando will therefore be more like a Season 4 for F&F. So if it wraps in time for an earlier release than December of next year, I'd consider that a *quick* turnaround rather than a delayed one.

I'm guessing it's because Favreau and Filoni have been working on Book of Boba Fett. They only wrapped filming on that in June. Plus, it would be expected that post-production would also involve them to some degree. What little remaining time they've had beyond that is what would be used for ironing out the plots and framework for Season 3 of Mando before filming starts on it.

Personally, I'm surprised and impressed that filming on Mando would be starting this soon after wrapping on BoBF. Especially considering that other tie-in shows are also in development at the same time.

Book of Boba is basically taking the place of Mando this year on Disney+ (with the same December release schedule). Same creators, same time frame. Season 3 of Mando will therefore be more like a Season 4 for F&F. So if it wraps in time for an earlier release than December of next year, I'd consider that a *quick* turnaround rather than a delayed one.

It's yet to be seen how all these shows interact with one another and how well they mesh together. It's bad business to have a two year lapse between seasons. When you have a show as popular as The Mandalorian I think it's generally unwise to get cute and potentially lose focus. I hope all this turns out well.

It's yet to be seen how all these shows interact with one another and how well they mesh together. It's bad business to have a two year lapse between seasons. When you have a show as popular as The Mandalorian I think it's generally unwise to get cute and potentially lose focus. I hope all this turns out well.
I'd be shocked if the Favreau/Filoni shows don't all end up intersecting in a big way. It'll probably eventually feel like one big story with each show just focusing on a different aspect of the post-ROTJ landscape.

I'm expecting Book of Boba to set up at least a little bit of groundwork for the crossover event that we know is coming. Mando Season 3 will then pick up on that at some point too and reveal more of what the true end game will be. A lead-in story (maybe the final episode or two) to the Ahsoka show would make sense from there, where it'll all kick into high gear with Thrawn.

Thrawn will of course be the "big bad" of the eventual official crossover. That's the safest bet of all. But the whole thing will likely start off as more of a Rebels sequel (complete with live-action Ezra and Sabine). When all of those names have been established in a new central conflict, then it'll turn into the same basic structure as the original Thrawn Trilogy - just with different characters replacing the original roles, and with a modified context.

As with the original EU novels: I think Thrawn will be in charge of the Imperial Remnant; the cloning facilities will be a key part of his plan; Ahsoka and Ezra will be more or less substitutes for Luke and Leia; and either Talon Karrde and Mara Jade will be introduced in the new canon here, or their roles from the EU story will be given to Boba and Fennec. But I don't see the cloning being for troopers as in the EU version, instead being about creating Force users. That's what I expect the heroes will need to disrupt before Thrawn can be defeated.

All speculation, of course, but the clues haven't exactly been subtle. :lol So if it ends up being anything other than a Thrawn Trilogy adaptation, then everything to this point will have been a well-played misdirect. Intriguing either way, but the shows will almost certainly be connected one way or another.

Careful there.

You're speculating a little too hard. Remember what happens when posters convince themselves that their fan fic "Bram Stoker's Last Jedi" about Snoke being a dark Force vampire and Rey being the reincarnation of his lost love is the actual plot of the movie.

I'm fairly sure they've been making this up as they go, like all Star Wars projects before them. They just lucked out that the two seasons of Mandalorian were really good. (Personally, I thought season two started to become a bit of a snore with all the Clone Wars crap but the last three episodes redeemed it.)

It's blasphemous, I know, but I don't even NEED any more seasons of Mandalorian. I think his story has been told sufficiently.

Back