The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I said it a few months ago but I still stand by my statement.

For everything that I like I come here and find a dozen people with a reason reason to hate it. Every movie, every show, every figure, every video game.

And if you try to say you like it then it's followed by even more aggressive comments about being a fanboy, not accepting criticisms, and a bunch of similar comments.

This place is mad toxic but I like the little bits of positive discourse in between seeing updates and pics on figures I'm excited about.

Still love my Arthur figure though. That hasn't changed.

Very subtle difference I got mine and compared and tbf very subtle.

I've only ever had 2 minor gripes with this figure and that's the jacket being so dam tight and how the hat sits. As far as craftsmanship and value this is probably one of the best figures in 1:6! Detail is stunning and opening the 2nd one I found my self saying " ooooo" alot. 😂😂
I have never been as impressed as I was when I opened Arthur first time. He comes with so many things it is crazy. I felt some kind of energy wave went through me, felt fever lol

As I said before 2 identicial figures or anything at all don't exist. These figures are mostly hand painted and when there is a long time period between the batch releases of course there are possibilities of some variations, simply because of materials and workers. While Geralt is my favorite character, I need to say Arthur is my favorite figure. Doesn't matter which batch. I'd kill a Kikimora for Lim Geralt. :monkey1

Not the criticism, I’m talking more the frequency of opposition to it.

Lol, no, that’s not my angle whatsoever. I’ll whine but don’t throw things out of proportion. It’s also not being hypocritical because I’m not telling everyone and everything is wrong if opinions rooted in actual facts are being offered. I don’t entertain the blind faith opposite end of the conversation, but I’m not disingenuously gaslighting directly against anyone for it.

Anyway, I happen to like most of the games that LIM figures are based on, and I’m not adamantly against buying anything from LIM like others here might be; I’ve mostly only criticised—again, admittedly facetiously—the “business decision” side of things and gauge responses. I genuinely don’t think I’ve only played devil’s advocate when I’ve also inserted genuine observation and discussion pertaining to products I may or may not be interested in purchasing.

That’s why I “care” about people’s opinions here; so that my own perspective and willingness to purchase products I want to want to buy can evolve based on the discussions… but only when the production and any factory QC issues are ironed out—that’s the single prevailing issue I wasn’t going to be convinced about until seeing actual, aforementioned, results.
The frequency of opposition to positivity is just as frequent here, perhaps even more so these days than ever before. I'm not going to lie and say LIM doesn't have some diehard defenders in here, I'd say two or three though, the critics and downright haters in other places far outweigh those 3 people on here and the rest are just regular collectors who happen to own Arthur.

I've seen a bunch of opinions rooted in facts in this thread, @Klornamafern got the third batch and says they're disappointed with the paint aps and sculpt, @Godfather1408 and @JorjeCroft also got the third batch and says the difference between batches isn't that huge, others who bought the figure (first or second batch) chimed in and said they don't see a big difference from the pictures Klor provided. I shared a post comparing sculpts and explaining why there's differences between batches. There is no gaslighting here, just "genuine observations" from people who actually own the figure which is the topic of the discussion, something I can't remember if you own to be fair.

You mean the delays? Or the recent lack of communication? If those are your main criticisms I've already addressed them to the best of my abilities, I explained why I'm not as active anymore and over the years I've given detailed reasons as to why our pre-order items are yet to be released. I informed people about the multiple resculpts, recasts and relocations our figures are going through and why it's taking years and thousands upon thousands of dollars to fix bad work from a bad factory. Yet even after all those explanations and information, some dating years, your criticism remains the same, going out of your way to "facetiously criticize" the “business decision” side of things in LIM's threads and even other unrelated threads. So I don't know what else I can do for you, tell me what other brand, third party no less, would have a member even entertain this type of thing, sharing sensitive information that will just fall on deaf ears? Zero.

Sounds to me like you want to want to want to buy these figures more than you actually want them just so you can participate in this discussion, if that makes any sense. In my opinion LIM is not for you plain and simple. There will always be QC issues, these are made in factories where lots of other third party and licensed brands operate and factory workers have to do QC checks on thousands upon thousands of figures. But we have been doing a better job of it, we get less and less QC complaints with each release and only HT truly has it down with QC since everything goes through their own main factory before being shipped out.

As far as results I'd say the response to our released products has been positive for the most part, it's not like we have released utter garbage with no care for the buyer throughout the years, that's only become a recent lie for some reason. Sure the old figures have brittle parts and QC issues still happen as mentioned but it's something we're improving as time goes on and we hire new factories and attempt new things with out figures.

Anyway this turned into a conversation between you and me and it's starting to wear off on me, you I'm sure and others reading this thread I bet so I will end it here.

This all started because one person is unhappy with their third batch figure so again @Klornamafern I'm sorry this batch did not live up to your expectations and that you think it's not representative of the work we did with the first batch, I hope my explanation was sufficient. Your criticisms have all been taken into account and we will take them into consideration should another batch be in demand.

I believe regardless of everything, LIM and RRX has shown us in leaps and bounds that the care a great deal about there product, their customers, and will not release a figure unless it is to their top specifications. When got my first Arthur figure back in January of this year and found this forum board for him, I truly was in awe when I found out that RRX was a part of the company creation for Arthur, and was active here to engage with us as customers, collectors, and fellow Redemption enthusiasts. That was really unheard of to me.

The first time I opened up Arthur last winter, and saw the great work and attention to detail that was given to Him, I was blown away. By Friday I should have my 3rd Batch Arthur, and I know that He will be just as incredible as the last one.

There's nothing else out there like this for us Redemption guys. VTS made something yes, and it's not bad at all, but we all know that figure isn't anywhere near the league that the Gunslinger is in. LIM's Arthur is literally one of a kind. And John.. Dutch... they are going to be just as incredible and top quality looking just like the men they are a representation of.

The frequency of opposition to positivity is just as frequent here, perhaps even more so these days than ever before. I'm not going to lie and say LIM doesn't have some diehard defenders in here, I'd say two or three though, the critics and downright haters in other places far outweigh those 3 people on here and the rest are just regular collectors who happen to own Arthur.

I've seen a bunch of opinions rooted in facts in this thread, @Klornamafern got the third batch and says they're disappointed with the paint aps and sculpt, @Godfather1408 and @JorjeCroft also got the third batch and says the difference between batches isn't that huge, others who bought the figure (first or second batch) chimed in and said they don't see a big difference from the pictures Klor provided. I shared a post comparing sculpts and explaining why there's differences between batches. There is no gaslighting here, just "genuine observations" from people who actually own the figure which is the topic of the discussion, something I can't remember if you own to be fair.

You mean the delays? Or the recent lack of communication? If those are your main criticisms I've already addressed them to the best of my abilities, I explained why I'm not as active anymore and over the years I've given detailed reasons as to why our pre-order items are yet to be released. I informed people about the multiple resculpts, recasts and relocations our figures are going through and why it's taking years and thousands upon thousands of dollars to fix bad work from a bad factory. Yet even after all those explanations and information, some dating years, your criticism remains the same, going out of your way to "facetiously criticize" the “business decision” side of things in LIM's threads and even other unrelated threads. So I don't know what else I can do for you, tell me what other brand, third party no less, would have a member even entertain this type of thing, sharing sensitive information that will just fall on deaf ears? Zero.

Sounds to me like you want to want to want to buy these figures more than you actually want them just so you can participate in this discussion, if that makes any sense. In my opinion LIM is not for you plain and simple. There will always be QC issues, these are made in factories where lots of other third party and licensed brands operate and factory workers have to do QC checks on thousands upon thousands of figures. But we have been doing a better job of it, we get less and less QC complaints with each release and only HT truly has it down with QC since everything goes through their own main factory before being shipped out.

As far as results I'd say the response to our released products has been positive for the most part, it's not like we have released utter garbage with no care for the buyer throughout the years, that's only become a recent lie for some reason. Sure the old figures have brittle parts and QC issues still happen as mentioned but it's something we're improving as time goes on and we hire new factories and attempt new things with out figures.

Anyway this turned into a conversation between you and me and it's starting to wear off on me, you I'm sure and others reading this thread I bet so I will end it here.

This all started because one person is unhappy with their third batch figure so again @Klornamafern I'm sorry this batch did not live up to your expectations and that you think it's not representative of the work we did with the first batch, I hope my explanation was sufficient. Your criticisms have all been taken into account and we will take them into consideration should another batch be in demand.
I have openly admitted my past unfairness but am not being unfair here as you seem to still be implying. I feel like you’re intentionally misrepresenting my points through choice words to prove me wrong on things I’ve only referenced for the sake of context.

You don’t need to double down to defend you or your business when I’ve directly complimented recent improvements to communication and the past two releases in my past few replies, and FWIW I am happy that some of those issues are being resolved after years of problems. That’s not the point at all, and you seem to be under the impression that my points only pertain to the past few pages and three specific people you feel the need to tag in what you consider to only be a conversation between the two of us. Odd.

Clearly you have been personally insulted by something I’ve said at some point, or maybe you’re just letting your experiences with other louder complainers influence your engagement with me, which I hoped would be much more productive and objective, not personal. Instead, since the first sentence of your first reply to me, you’ve continued to steer the direction of your replies to be about me and your perceived motivations about me specifically when I’ve already admitted my past behaviour was wrong at times, though it was never representative of my entire, nor adamant, outlook, and neither was it the point of my original post. At all.

Agree to disagree and all that.

Last edited:
I have openly admitted my past unfairness but am not being unfair here as you seem to still be implying. I feel like you’re intentionally misrepresenting my points through choice words to prove me wrong on things I’ve only referenced for the sake of context.

You don’t need to double down to defend you or your business when I’ve directly complimented recent improvements to communication and the past two releases in my past few replies, and FWIW I am happy that some of those issues are being resolved after years of problems. That’s not the point at all, and you seem to be under the impression that my points only pertain to the past few pages and three specific people you feel the need to tag in what you consider to only be a conversation between the two of us. Odd.

Clearly you have been personally insulted by something I’ve said at some point, or maybe you’re just letting your experiences with other louder complainers influence your engagement with me, which I hoped would be much more productive and objective, not personal. Instead, since the first sentence of your first reply to me, you’ve continued to steer the direction of your replies to be about me and your perceived motivations about me specifically when I’ve already admitted my past behaviour was wrong at times, though it was never representative of my entire, nor adamant, outlook, or point of my original post. At all.

Agree to disagree and all that.
1695864087200.png

For everything that I like I come here and find a dozen people with a reason reason to hate it. Every movie, every show, every figure, every video game.

And if you try to say you like it then it's followed by even more aggressive comments about being a fanboy, not accepting criticisms, and a bunch of similar comments.

This place is mad toxic but I like the little bits of positive discourse in between seeing updates and pics on figures I'm excited about.

Holy crap yeah, you aren't kidding.
Literally every single little thing gets criticized to hell and back on this forum. The TV series threads are even worse. lol
Sometimes we gotta stop and think for a little bit, and realize we're all grown ass adults collecting super expensive freakin dolls!
Maybe we're the ones that need help.:rotfl

Anyhow, got my batch #3 'Slinger today. Mine actually looks more detailed than before. Has less speckling, but more color in the cheeks. Sculpt skin matches with the body too. Looks good to me. Now I just have to find that spare jacket I got for him and make it look worn in.
Other than that, everything else looks exactly the same to me.
Heres a side by side pic of the new sculpt vs the older mid beard sculpt.

20230927_203427.jpg

Didn't get a third batch Arthur but I wouldn't have been mad with it sure I'd have noticed a difference in paint and materials I'm sure. But otherwise from Batch 1 and having a Batch 2 Arthur with both being slightly different it doesn't bother me and I'm happy with what lim has done. Definitely can't wait for Nathan Drake and John Martson from Lim.

To me it just seems like normal paint variation you get from any figure even in the same batch. I guess it would be easier to tell if it's a consistent thing if we compare all the faces together.

Holy crap yeah, you aren't kidding.
Literally every single little thing gets criticized to hell and back on this forum. The TV series threads are even worse. lol
Sometimes we gotta stop and think for a little bit, and realize we're all grown ass adults collecting super expensive freakin dolls!
Maybe we're the ones that need help.:rotfl
I used to enjoy Star Wars talk here. It's my biggest passion outside of Middle Earth.

I can't even be bothered to go over there anymore. Everything is the worst thing ever now unless Cassian Andor is in it. I've enjoyed most of what has been on a D+ (Book of Boba aside) but now you come under fire for saying that. It's like you're not supposed to enjoy the things you like.

That extends to here. InArt has been the outlier, everything sucks otherwise. There's been this cycle of anger and outrage and criticism and nitpicking, and it all goes away once people have it in hand for a while and then everyone looks fondly on it, but it's just so toxic until then. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, we live in a world where everyone just complains about everything now.

I do miss the days of people just being excited about stuff. Two years ago we would have had updates on production for John Marston and Nathan Drake, we would have known where development was on Dutch, and Joel and Ellie, we would have had insight on what was being thought about with Aloy and the additional Uncharted that was being considered. It's a shame that all got driven away because people love to complain.

Pretty sucky what's happened to society.

Anyhow, got my batch #3 'Slinger today. Mine actually looks more detailed than before. Has less speckling, but more color in the cheeks. Sculpt skin matches with the body too. Looks good to me. Now I just have to find that spare jacket I got for him and make it look worn in.
Other than that, everything else looks exactly the same to me.
Heres a side by side pic of the new sculpt vs the older mid beard sculpt.

View attachment 665263
You're comparing it to the mid beard headsculpt which also has way softer details than the regular head... if you can, try it next to the shaved sculpt.

I didn't mean to start anything and I wasn't looking to argue or create arguments. I'm just really passionate about Arthur as he's my favorite character and he was my first figure ever,Lim/Arthur started this whole figure collecting for me so obviously I'm gonna be attentive to all the details if I get a figure from them because they are my favorite and I know what they offer is insane attention to detail.

Limtoys is the only company I buy 2 of each release, I was always supportive and people here may know I'm a limfan since I joined. I also appreciate RRX telling it how it is and I know quality means most to Lim plus giving us a little info about production makes me understand more.

I also appreciate the people who didn't act blind to the differences I pointed out because, they are there doesn't matter if you mind them or not, they exist and I don't want this to continue, if you're happy I'm happy and that's it.

Also I find it weird that whenever something like this happens a war starts and it shouldn't be like this, makes me literally leave the forums for a few days. I didn't even want to reply to the mess I've started but.. Lim still is and will be my fav, don't know how else to put it. I bought seconds and also gifted Arthur and a John p/o to my friend! :ROFLMAO: All I want is this company to be successful and continue to give us amazing products *********!

I also completely agree with Nagoya, if someone makes factual observations they shouldn't be judged or grouped on by people who don't mind those "problems", I mean those people obviously can do/say what they want but still it's very, very weird.

I personaly think that you always try to give your best and stand in your high standart, after all, it is allways about passion and the love for what you are doing. I appriciate your patienct, the detail in the answears that you write and the way you are communicate with the collectors! Please send my appriciantion to the rest of the team and be sure that I'm not the only one who support ya'll ❤️

Back to home! While I'm super picky and paranoid personally I can't see any visual differences from the previous releases at least with my eye. Third batch looks pretty much the same to me.
Wonky pictures, it's night but Arthy looks amazing as usual. Have 4 now. If there gonna be another batch I'll definitely order more. Poor now lol
Both face shots are different figures from the third batch. Of course they don't look identical as paint always varies slightly but both of them look just amazing. Hair looks slightly more golden and shimmery, which I love very much. Also one has more blush than another, I love extra blush, always adding on my art no matter what lol it gives so much life.

P.S. my iconic mittens made a cameo :D

Screenshot_20230930_210836_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230930_210757_Gallery.jpg
20230930_183901.jpg

Yes my friend I agree with you.

My figure arrived about a week ago, but wasn't a ble to pick it up until yesterday. Outer box, Limtoys shipper and - of course - art box have severe dents unfortunately 😔 Hasn't happened in a long time.

That#s not the reason for my post though. When I quickly checked the figure and accessoires, I noticed that the bow is too short and weirdly shaped, doesn't fit into its tray at all. Anyone else had this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpeg
    IMG_1374.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
My figure arrived about a week ago, but wasn't a ble to pick it up until yesterday. Outer box, Limtoys shipper and - of course - art box have severe dents unfortunately 😔 Hasn't happened in a long time.

That#s not the reason for my post though. When I quickly checked the figure and accessoires, I noticed that the bow is too short and weirdly shaped, doesn't fit into its tray at all. Anyone else had this problem?
Yea the bow doesn't sit properly in the box, at least with my 4 figures. But in the latest batch bow was placed with the bag and other small accessories next to the stand. Not a big deal imo, bow shape isn't deformed.

Back