The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good that they mention the potential staining risk with the neck scarf, as the first thing I did before putting the scarf on Arthur was to put some tape around the inside of it to avoid black possibly transferring to his neck. I'm currently in the process of treating multiple head sculpt stains on my Berserk Guts because I didn't realize his cape was touching parts of the neck and chin.
When we made the figure we were assured by our clothes factory that the cloth used for the scarf would not stain the neck in the long run, sure enough I've had one of my figures with the scarf around the neck and tucked inside the shirt and I just checked and there's zero staining, now of course there's no guarantee it will never ever happen but it's not something I would worry about happening really fast like with most figures, I would just suggest switching looks or removing the scarf once in a while if it's too much of a worry.

Last edited:
I give all dark clothes (especially the stuff easily removable or items for kitbashing) a wash. Soak them in a mix of distilled vinegar, laundry detergent and cold water for about 24 hours, then another soak in soapy water, and then rinse throughly. Since doing that I’ve never had any staining. You only need a splash of the vinegar. Mix it all throughly.

Never had an issue with my first Arthur as I had him with the scarf on the whole time. Will do the same for this one.

I'm pretty new to 1/6 articulated collecting, as I've been a statue collector for the past decade. I hadn't considered clothing staining and was shocked to see what had happened to my Berserk figure. I'm glad Gunslinger doesn't have the same issue, but as I'm literally dealing with trying to fade Gut's stains right now, it was my automatic response to put a barrier between Arthur and the scarf just in case.

I'm pretty new to 1/6 articulated collecting, as I've been a statue collector for the past decade. I hadn't considered clothing staining and was shocked to see what had happened to my Berserk figure. I'm glad Gunslinger doesn't have the same issue, but as I'm literally dealing with trying to fade Gut's stains right now, it was my automatic response to put a barrier between Arthur and the scarf just in case.
I understand, was just trying to let you and folks know that luckily that level of staining shouldn't happen so fast with this figure 😄 that Beserk figure probably stained faster because of the body material I think but for what it's worth I think it's always better to be safe than sorry.

When we made the figure we were assured by our clothes factory that the cloth used for the scarf would not stain the neck in the long run, sure enough I've had one of my figures with the scarf around the neck and tucked inside the shirt and I just checked and there's zero staining, now of course there's no guarantee it will never ever happen but it's not something I would worry about happening really fast like with most figures, I would just suggest switching looks or removing the scarf once in a while if it's too much of a worry.
There's a girl on reddit who did a really good breakdown a couple of years ago about washing the Jedi robes from Hot Toys due to staining. I've washed out every robe since and it's incredible how much dye comes out of them. Once I find a new house and start taking my figures back out I'll probably rinse out the scarf just to play it safe. Won't have to worry about it that way.

I understand, was just trying to let you and folks know that luckily that level of staining shouldn't happen so fast with this figure 😄 that Beserk figure probably stained faster because of the body material I think but for what it's worth I think it's always better to be safe than sorry.
It definitely puts my mind at ease to know you'd thought of the issue ahead. Thank you! This Guts has just been such a pain that I didn't want to make the same newbie mistake and wreck Arthur after all of the hard work you have put into him.

DF4869FB-69A3-435F-A8E6-05239E6FE22B.jpeg
10A35C42-70EC-4335-A3F3-24C972C47EC6.jpeg
692D21CB-8624-4310-8140-EB64DBFC4D52.jpeg
5D86A522-675C-4219-A4A3-47F2099FDE71.jpeg

Lim Toys Bandolier loaded with Battlegear 12 gauge shells, tight fit but works. The Winchester shells from Lim Toys highly detailed loaded too.11 included in set, I would like a few more if that is possible? Belt part loaded with Battlegear shells, small amount of adhesive used to remain in place. It is as you know all about the detail.

Attachments

• 20221013_134250.jpg
    20221013_134250.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221013_134335.jpg
    20221013_134335.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
It's good that they mention the potential staining risk with the neck scarf, as the first thing I did before putting the scarf on Arthur was to put some tape around the inside of it to avoid black possibly transferring to his neck. I'm currently in the process of treating multiple head sculpt stains on my Berserk Guts because I didn't realize his cape was touching parts of the neck and chin.
Hi, Thank you for the tips.

I see that we are several waiting for the TB sculpt and the hair pieces to put the hat on (no photo with his hat, even the nicest ones, convince me as for now). Any release date for that?

I see that we are several waiting for the TB sculpt and the hair pieces to put the hat on (no photo with his hat, even the nicest ones, convince me as for now). Any release date for that?
Next year, we know people are unhappy with it but proeprly futzing with the figure and pressing the hat down on a good angle goes a long way, at least I think so.
1665684571273.jpeg

1665684614051.png

1665684544582.jpeg

Also needs to be said his hat is TALL, I don't know why many think it's meant to be short on top.
1665685486366.png

Anyways as I've explained before the main issue is there's too much hair on the back of the hair piece, we've cut it all down in the new TB pack hair piece so the hat now lays at the proper angle and closer to the ears.

Anyways as I've explained before the main issue is there's too much hair on the back of the hair piece, we've cut it all down in the new TB pack hair piece so the hat now lays at the proper angle and closer to the ears.
I think this may have been answered a while back, but is the hairpiece the long one or the shorter one?

I think this may have been answered a while back, but is the hairpiece the long one or the shorter one?
It's the short hair version. And it's for the new hat though I hope R.R.X answers this but I wonder if Arthur's normal hat will sit better on the hair piece for the TB sculpt.

It's the short hair version. And it's for the new hat though I hope R.R.X answers this but I wonder if Arthur's normal hat will sit better on the hair piece for the TB sculpt.
I believe that was the idea. Got my second Arthur from Kit last week, but haven't had time to open it. I just want to take a moment to thank him for his excellent service as always, and also the good people at LimToys for making these figures. You guys rock. 🤘

Back