The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't bail.

I don't know how new you are to all of this, but there's a lot of us here that got scammed by another company. Unfortunately with unlicensed figured, there can be some shady business in any line of work because there's no licensor to hold anyone accountable.

Collecting a great hobby. Comic Sanctorum isn't always bad. They're just not a retailer. They're a reseller who fill orders contingent upon finding the figures. That's why even Hot Toys called them (Toys Wonderland, same group of people) earlier this year. Too many problems with them. But just because there are problems doesn't mean you'll get screwed.

This board is a great place. There's a lot of people with a lot of knowledge here. Whatever happens, use this group as a resource and always ask questions! We're happy to help. I'll have my fingers crossed for you that it works out. I certainly hope it does! Just next time, order from another retailer. OneSixthKit and Giantoy are always paramount but there's other sites we can point you to as well.

Hang in there!
I appreciate the kindness.
This Arthur will be my first (hopefully)
Tbh this Arthur is the one I truly, truly want. He’s my favorite video game character so I’ll probably feel to bummed to get anything else if I don’t get it.
But if I decide not to bail, I’ll definitely buy from OneSixthKit. Unfortunately, that Justin collections guy on YT was my introduction to this stuff, which lead me to CS, and I trusted it because it seemed good. Didn’t really research much when I probably should have, but I was a fool. (At least I have a chance though, I saw something about “ToyOrgins” or whatever it’s called… just yikes) I’m just hoping I can get lucky with this and never go back to that again.

View attachment 602385
What a cool figure - so many fun accessories to play with, and now The Duke has a stick of dynamite for those sonsobitches. Thanks, Kit
Hi, Looking good, as if they are meant to be.
Ok so nobody seem to care about my question so I will ask it again : Can someone recommend me a good 1/6 display case for my gunslinger ? There are several on the internet but they seem to be poor quality or overpriced. It's the first 1/6 figures that I own, so I'm not an expert with this kind of figures. I would like to protect my figures from dust.
HI, Although not my area, I know that Sideshow do a number of display cabinets some with LED lighting.

Collecting a great hobby. Comic Sanctorum isn't always bad. They're just not a retailer. They're a reseller who fill orders contingent upon finding the figures.
By taking preorders it means the store/retailer need to secure the figure at preorder status

What's the point to take preorders if you aren't confirming to fulfill your customer's order?

Lots of discussion on this board, they screwed lots of people

I just asked Limtoys, they still NOT able to pay for what they ordered while they charged people in full a year ago

In chinese we say "ten tea pots and nine lids" I believe they got only one lid, until this ponzi game expose

Lim Toys Arrows for the planned shoulder quiver, maybe a few too many, I reckon 6 should suffice. Lantern in set requires 3 LR621 button cell batteries, - towards the lamp. The lamps appears not to have a LED but it is present and provides a good light.

Attachments

• 20221012_124852.jpg
    20221012_124852.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ok so nobody seem to care about my question so I will ask it again : Can someone recommend me a good 1/6 display case for my gunslinger ? There are several on the internet but they seem to be poor quality or overpriced. It's the first 1/6 figures that I own, so I'm not an expert with this kind of figures. I would like to protect my figures from dust.
How To - Display Your Collectibles Discussions

Shelf with a glass window? What else to recommend? That's what I use, wooden shelves with a glass windows. I don't trust full glass display shelves and cabinets, I've seen horror stories.

By taking preorders it means the store/retailer need to secure the figure at preorder status

What's the point to take preorders if you aren't confirming to fulfill your customer's order?

Lots of discussion on this board, they screwed lots of people

I just asked Limtoys, they still NOT able to pay for what they ordered while they charged people in full a year ago

In chinese we say "ten tea pots and nine lids" I believe they got only one lid, until this ponzi game expose
Thanks for the insight Kit! I just left this comment below on Justin’s Review for the Arthur video, if yall have a time please leave a like to it so it can be bumped up to let more people see and not fall into the trap
C61930B8-AF56-4AD8-9EC1-3E59EF6ED7CE.png

Thanks for the insight Kit! I just left this comment below on Justin’s Review for the Arthur video, if yall have a time please leave a like to it so it can be bumped up to let more people see and not fall into the trap
View attachment 602427
Someone did that before you and that comment got deleted.

I know its kinda frustrating what TW/CS is doing. The only thing you can do is to avoid them and maybe spread the word. But not anyone will listen. Justin got his stuff every time, while others dont, which is really sad.

Unfortunately when it comes to display cases, you kind of have to choose one or the other, poor quality or a high price. Personally speaking, I buy really nice curios cabinets to keep my figures in. I've never understood why collectors will spend thousands on figures and then look to cut corners on how to keep them safe, but that's another discussion.

Point being, I'm not the best person for advice on this since this is your first figure. Most collectors like IKEA's detolfs because they're cheap-ish and can hold 12-18 figures depending on how you display them. If you plan on getting more figures it might be worth looking into one. I do know Sideshow has a lighted display case (search that, seriously) that can fit two figures in it, you can always try that. It's probably more than you want to spend but if you don't plan on getting a lot of figures for the time being, it's a good option to keep Arthur safe.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but you can always start there. Hopefully some other collectors can give you a few ideas.

Someone did that before you and that comment got deleted.

I know its kinda frustrating what TW/CS is doing. The only thing you can do is to avoid them and maybe spread the word. But not anyone will listen. Justin got his stuff every time, while others dont, which is really sad.
Yeah sadly so, just gonna save much as I can, anyone counts

i like the Legend Studio acrylic display cases with built-in LED lights. still kind of pricey: Master Light House Display Case 01 (Black)

Also, for anyone looking to kit together a second Arthur using the extra accessories, Monkey Depot has spare parts for REALLY cheap: Monkey Depot - The Finest in Scale Military

I picked up a second clean-shaven Arthur head for $10, and the blue overcoat for $5. they're out of pants, shirts, and boots, though. get them while they last...

this looked like a good alternative for a shirt: https://www.monkeydepot.com/Shirt_DiD_British_WWI_Collarless_Shirt_p/dl3933.htm

How long does your shipping take Kit? My order tracking still says Parcel information received since 26 September.
I am in the UK
Should take about 3-4 weeks from experience (I'm in France). You'll probably get it within a week.

Most tend to use ikea detolf's because they're relatively affordable and good quality. I would consider investing in something like that if you plan to get any more figures rather than individual acrylic cases.

I haven't seen many collectors here using individual figure cases here, but maybe someone else has something to recommend.

Also, for anyone looking to kit together a second Arthur using the extra accessories, Monkey Depot has spare parts for REALLY cheap: Monkey Depot - The Finest in Scale Military
It's good that they mention the potential staining risk with the neck scarf, as the first thing I did before putting the scarf on Arthur was to put some tape around the inside of it to avoid black possibly transferring to his neck. I'm currently in the process of treating multiple head sculpt stains on my Berserk Guts because I didn't realize his cape was touching parts of the neck and chin.

I use IKEA BILLY cabinets I recommend them if you want more space and a sturdy display case for your figures, however there's no way to view your figures from the sides and you have to drill your wall to install the support at the top.
Detolfs are the most popular option for displaying 1/6 figures but I can't trust those due to them being made almost entirely out of glass.
There's more expensive options available like ModuCase and so on, as well as other similar alternatives to the Detolf that look more sturdy which can be found on IKEA and other house similar places.

Back