The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20211206_044036229.jpg

I am having a hard time choosing between Limtoys and VTS. For some reason VTS clothing looks more fine and sophisticated to me. I also find VTS headsculpts having more resemblance than the Limtoys. Both are great sets but what's your opinion about it? Which one you prefer more?

I am having a hard time choosing between Limtoys and VTS. For some reason VTS clothing looks more fine and sophisticated to me. I also find VTS headsculpts having more resemblance than the Limtoys. Both are great sets but what's your opinion about it? Which one you prefer more?
I'm sorry but the VTS headsculpt doesn't look like Arthur at all. Limtoys has put so much work in this figures that I don't understand how it's possible to hesitate between them.
For me it's clearly a Hot Toys level here.

Attachments

• IMG_20211206_144124.jpg
    IMG_20211206_144124.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20181229_141253.png
    IMG_20181229_141253.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 89

LiM is the far better figure overall for sculpts, body, clothing and most of the accessories.

However, I still like the VTS. Bear in mind that I have no interest in the game itself, and am only judging these as 'western figures'.

With the VTS I actually prefer the Colt SAAs, and the moulded holsters to LiM's pleather because I think they're more detailed and realistically scaled. The VTS also gave me an extra character with the green coat and bandit mask, plus the fishing rod, detonator and Spencer carbine.

I'm glad to have two LiMs and one VTS, but if I could only get one it would be LiM's.

Though I would miss not having the aforementioned items.

Not even close in headsculpts. LimToys wins by a mile. Aside from a few extra accessories with the VTS figure, LimToys is the better release. I'd much rather have a leather gun belt and holsters instead of molded plastic ones.

Not even close in headsculpts. LimToys wins by a mile. Aside from a few extra accessories with the VTS figure, LimToys is the better release. I'd much rather have a leather gun belt and holsters instead of molded plastic ones.

Leather would've been preferable to pleather. ;)

What I like about VTS' holsters is that they're moulded to the gun, like stiff leather that's seen a lot of life outside in the sun and rain, and tightened over the revolver.

50997842146_815f8f8a85_o.jpg

LiM's are rather shapeless and over sized at the top, shaped more like a flap holster:

51667115562_a4a906dd55_o.jpg

They look a lot better front on though:

51670095139_b6016e6b96_o.jpg

Certain things tend to look better in plastic, such as boots due to the scale. You don't have to worry about them cracking at the ankles either, or folding in on themselves as is common with Hot Toys.

Thankfully both LiM and VTS opted for plastic boots, with the former also accounting for articulation with that very useful extra pair.

Leather would've been preferable to pleather. ;)

What I like about VTS' holsters is that they're moulded to the gun, like stiff leather that's seen a lot of life outside in the sun and rain, and tightened over the revolver.

50997842146_815f8f8a85_o.jpg

LiM's are rather shapeless and over sized at the top, shaped more like a flap holster:

51667115562_a4a906dd55_o.jpg

They look a lot better front on though:

51670095139_b6016e6b96_o.jpg

Certain things tend to look better in plastic, such as boots due to the scale. You don't have to worry about them cracking at the ankles either, or folding in on themselves as is common with Hot Toys.

Thankfully both LiM and VTS opted for plastic boots, with the former also accounting for articulation with that very useful extra pair.
RRX in a previous post said the only part that is pleather is the collar on the jacket. Everything else is real leather.

RRX in a previous post said the only part that is pleather is the collar on the jacket. Everything else is real leather.

It has a very plastic finish to it, and the backing doesn't resemble genuine leather. There is such a thing as reconstituted or bonded leather though.

Bonded leather is actually a mix of both real and fake leather. It is made from the leftover scraps and fibers made from processing genuine leather mixed with a polyurethane binder. These fibers are then rolled together using adhesives to bond them onto a paper backing. Some manufacturers may add an additional coating of polyurethane to the bonded leather and emboss it so it has the texture of real leather. Most bonded leather is comprised of only 10-20% genuine leather. Some manufacturers market bonded leather as real leather, when it in fact only contains a small percentage of genuine leather.

https://www.btod.com/blog/what-is-bonded-leather/

There's definitely a difference in appearance when compared to something like an Alert Line figure, where the material is allegedly genuine (unreconstituted) leather. It could be that they're both reconstituted, but Alert Line has a more natural looking face and backing. There's a uniform machined pattern on LiM's facing, which is also evident on AL's but harder to detect.

But 'genuine leather' is also a crappy form of leather. It's all the leftover bits of scrap leather, held together with glue.

Full-grain leather is the best, top-grain leather is good, genuine leather is the worst.

But in fairness, you would never use full-grain leather in 1/6 scale, because it's used for things like luxury clothing items, briefcases and whatnot.

But 'genuine leather' is also a crappy form of leather. It's all the leftover bits of scrap leather, held together with glue.

Full-grain leather is the best, top-grain leather is good, genuine leather is the worst.

But in fairness, you would never use full-grain leather in 1/6 scale, because it's used for things like luxury clothing items, briefcases and whatnot.

Yes, the first is the bonded leather described above, which estimates only 10-20% genuine leather - they use the word genuine to identity actual leather.

I'm no leather or pleather expert, I was just going off what RRX previously stated. 😊 It really comes down to personal preference. I prefer the more natural looking materials that LimToys went with.

I'm no leather or pleather expert, I was just going off what RRX previously stated. 😊 It really comes down to personal preference. I prefer the more natural looking materials that LimToys went with.

Indeed.

The SAAs and the holsters are the only things I prefer on the VTS.

I'm just here killing time while waiting for deliveries to eventually show up. :lol

Something I just noticed, only because I was comparing them against each other for the first time, is that LiM's SAAs are larger than VTS'.

Don't think I've ever checked 1/6 firearms for scale before, but these intrigued me.

LiM's is 2" long with a 1" barrel.

Couldn't measure the overall length of the VTS accurately as they're both in figures' hands, but the barrel is 23mm (0.905"), and the overall length about 1 3/4".

Both represent the Artillery model, which has a 5 1/2" barrel and and overall length of 11".

The larger LiM would be 12" with a 6" barrel in real life, whereas the VTS would have a near perfect 5 1/2" barrel.

These were Colt's three standard options for reference:

1-gen-4.jpg

From top to bottom: Civilan or Gunfighter 4 3/4", Artillery 5 1/2" and Cavalry 7 1/2".

The scale difference is minimal in 1/6, and even so Colt accepted custom orders for barrels from 2 ½" to 16".

Did anyone else order from SugoToys in Australia? I'm US Based but ordered from them because they had preorders open in August. I should have waited but I'm impatient, anyway. I've reached a few times asking about when they're getting their shipment but they just aren't responding. Any ideas on what to do?

For quick visual comparison. Lim top, VTS below, except for the VTS shotgun on top.

View attachment 549263

You can see there why I prefer VTS' SAAs. It's the lower profile top strap.

Some Colts were fitted with leaf sights, as here:

leaf.jpg

Colt manufactured the "Flattop Target Model" from 1890 to 1989, fitted with an adjustable rear leaf sight and a blade front sight.

I’m currently making a custom John from the first game. Detailed Outfit and all. I made a slide deck for the outfit, headsculpt and all so that people who help me finish this project had proper references. It was pretty hard to nail all of the detail and I’m wondering if R_R_X / Limtoys are interested in the materials.
Oh btw this is my take on John Marston from the first game based on the vts offer
Hey bud do you plan on making any for sale that sculpt looks amazin👍I would definitely buy one

Back