The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this is the right place, but I have received mine from KGHobby but looking to sell since I have kinda lost interest in the series.

It's a bummer since the figure looks really great but I just can't bring myself to open it up.

Mine arrive tooo!!!
IMG_20211204_174709_525.jpg
IMG_20211203_170044.jpg

Finally received mine from TNS figures. My quick observations are as follows:

At first glance this figure instantly grabbed my attention. The care and attention to detail really stands out from all the accessories and the weathering on the boots, pants, shirts, suspenders and jacket etc. It is better than what I was expecting despite hearing that there was a lot of love and effort being putting into it - this has exceeded my expectations. My figure was packaged well and the care with which limtoys packaged it was obvious - the use of small plastic ziplock type bags and foaming was greatly appreciated. Despite these efforts my figure arrived with a broken sheriff badge. and one of the guns has a small piece broken off. The other thing that I wish was different was double jointed elbows. I feel it would've really helped with dynamic posing with the guns. However, I mostly pose my figures in a static pose anyway. I wouldn't have mind if Limtoys had a deluxe figure option with two bodies, (extra shirt, belt, and shirt) since the figure does come with so much that you can easily have two iterations of it easily. All these things didn't take away from the masterpiece that this figure is. I'm a loyal limtoys customer at this point and will be keeping a close eye on whatever they announce. Just hope it doesn't get delayed because of COVID / production impact etc so much

Finally received mine from TNS figures. My quick observations are as follows:

At first glance this figure instantly grabbed my attention. The care and attention to detail really stands out from all the accessories and the weathering on the boots, pants, shirts, suspenders and jacket etc. It is better than what I was expecting despite hearing that there was a lot of love and effort being putting into it - this has exceeded my expectations. My figure was packaged well and the care with which limtoys packaged it was obvious - the use of small plastic ziplock type bags and foaming was greatly appreciated. Despite these efforts my figure arrived with a broken sheriff badge. and one of the guns has a small piece broken off. The other thing that I wish was different was double jointed elbows. I feel it would've really helped with dynamic posing with the guns. However, I mostly pose my figures in a static pose anyway. I wouldn't have mind if Limtoys had a deluxe figure option with two bodies, (extra shirt, belt, and shirt) since the figure does come with so much that you can easily have two iterations of it easily. All these things didn't take away from the masterpiece that this figure is. I'm a loyal limtoys customer at this point and will be keeping a close eye on whatever they announce. Just hope it doesn't get delayed because of COVID / production impact etc so much
Again as many have said and even R.R.X has said. The body has double jointed elbows it's stiff under the jacket, and you need to work with it to get them to move better. My advice is to remove the jacket and roll up the sleeves, and bend the arms if they feel like they can't move from your best efforts then use hot water and dip the arms in at the elbow joints give it 1 min and then try to bend them it should work then.

Last edited:
Again as many have said and even R.R.X has said. The body has double jointed elbows it's stiff under the jacket, and you need to work with it to get them to move better. My advice is to remove the jacket and roll up the sleeves, and bend the arms if they feel like they can't move from your best efforts then use hot water and dip the arms in at the elbow joints give it 1 min and then try to bend them it should work then.
thanks for letting me know. I haven't kept up to date with the thread. I did push mine quite a bit with the jacket but it didn't move. That's another plus if that's the case. I'll try without the jacket and some warm water like you suggested.

thanks for letting me know. I haven't kept up to date with the thread. I did push mine quite a bit with the jacket but it didn't move. That's another plus if that's the case. I'll try without the jacket and some warm water like you suggested.
No problem it is hindered by the jacket a bit so it's best to remove the jacket so you have an easier time working with the body.

Hmm. I finally got one from overseas after 32 days of shipping. It hung out in the local LA area for a dozen days or so, then if showed up on my doorstep today.

It looks like Customs took apart the whole thing. The shipping box was falling apart, then when I opened the Outlaw box it was weird... all the weapons were tinfoiled. The rifle was missing it's side and handle. The marshall star... is it supposed to have a magnetic back? Are the hair & head pieces packaged randomly like mine were or were they supposed to facing in some more presentable way?

Now I'm spooked empty spots in the box trays were for something that got lost. Looking at the pictures below... is the spot above the lamp supposed to be something? What about the 4 grooves next to the Arrow? Was something supposed to packed under the stand in the 2 grooves?

The lamp might be dead since turning it doesn't turn the light on. Or maybe the Customs people turned it on and left it on in the box for two weeks? Gotta track down some batteries... Is the hook for the lamp supposed to be on the lamp or installed (stored in some other location)?

20211204_115856.jpg

20211204_115949.jpg

20211204_120152.jpg
20211204_120253.jpg
20211204_121157.jpg
20211204_121228.jpg
20211204_121258.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm. I finally got one from overseas after 32 days of shipping. It hung out in the local LA area for a dozen days or so, then if showed up on my doorstep today.

It looks like Customs took apart the whole thing. The shipping box was falling apart, then when I opened the Outlaw box it was weird... all the weapons were tinfoiled. The rifle was missing it's side and handle. The marshall star... is it supposed to have a magnetic back? Are the hair & head pieces packaged randomly like mine were or were they supposed to facing in some more presentable way?

Now I'm spooked empty spots in the box trays were for something that got lost. Looking at the pictures below... is the spot above the lamp supposed to be something? What about the 4 grooves next to the Arrow? Was something supposed to packed under the stand in the 2 grooves?

The lamp might be dead since turning it doesn't turn the light on. Or maybe the Customs people turned it on and left it on in the box for two weeks? Gotta track down some batteries... Is the hook for the lamp supposed to be on the lamp or installed (stored in some other location)?

View attachment 548987
View attachment 548988
View attachment 548989 View attachment 548990View attachment 548991 View attachment 548992View attachment 548993
The spot above the lantern is supposed to have a handle for it. Those 4 spots in between the bow don't have anything. My guess is that they were going to put the shotgun shells there and decided to put them in a bag instead. The magnet for the badge is in with the bullets I believe or maybe another bag. The 2 groove didn't have anything there. And the hair is in the right position I think, but I believe they might've been in plastic. Also, mine didn't have tin foil. The weapons were in their slots. There should be 2 knives, both different. Also, there should be a little pencil, so check for that.

Thanks -- I think I found everything and your comments about the other grooves make sense. The lantern handle was lodged in some other spot. I found the bags of items to the side with the magnetic backing. Is the blue coat supposed to loose under the bottom cavity of the boxes or sandwiched into the containers?

The lantern did give off a really faint light, so it might be technically good and only need fresh batteries.

Thanks -- I think I found everything and your comments about the other grooves make sense. The lantern handle was lodged in some other spot. I found the bags of items to the side with the magnetic backing. Is the blue coat supposed to loose under the bottom cavity of the boxes or sandwiched into the containers?

The lantern did give off a really faint light, so it might be technically good and only need fresh batteries.

Yeah, I'd agree with new batteries. Mine was very faint as well, but after fiddling with the batteries in numerous ways, I realized I had spares of the same size in my junk drawer, so once I changed the batteries out, the light was much brighter, and it worked as expected, as others have described.

Hopefully your retailer will be able to get you replacements for the parts you are missing. The rifle seems to be a common issue :monkey3

The hair on yours was packed the same as mine. I think it's pointed that way with the strands pointing 'up' to avoid catching on the foam and maybe breaking. But yeah, it was kinda odd that the hair was packed 'upside down', but I think there was a logic to it.

Last edited:

The blue coat and the bag with the card and instructions were behind everything.

The rifle is indeed fragile the iron sight broke on mine when trying to pose it in one of the hands. I glued it back on but then another issue happened the strap came off at the front because the plastic hook/buckle is very weak. I feel it would have been better if those bits holding the strap should have been made of metal to avoid breaking.

View attachment 548987
View attachment 548988
View attachment 548989 View attachment 548990View attachment 548991 View attachment 548992View attachment 548993
Wow, that sucks man. If mine shows up like that after all this time in shipping hell, I definitely won't be too happy about it.
I mean, why in the heck would they have needed to open the entire thing!? And remove every single item? Seems a little bit excessive?
And tin foil...really?? 🤔

I just noticed the left hand on my arthur is darker in shade then the right. Anyone have the same issue? I keep finding more issues with the figure but I think it still is amazing.

Unboxed mine today just for a quick inspection. Aside from star and pencil popping out of their spots have no issues. Nothing broken or any issues. Thanks TNS for great service!

Quick general observations:

1. Super impressive figure. Everything is top notch and well worth the wait.
2. Lamp is fiddely but works. Looks very cool. Opened it up and batteries and LED fell out. Take care.
3. Lot of VERY fragile parts from the Henry to the Colt SAA. Take care assembling and posing.
4. LOTS of SUPER DUPER small parts. .45 Long Colt bullets, badge, shotgun shells Etc.
5. See point 4… detail on this figure is stunning. See point 8.
6. Hat is way too tight. You can force is down but it rides up a bit in the back. I’m sure hot water would help but then you have a super tight dark hat on the head. I might be a bit worried about color migration the the skin or rubbing. I will pose “hat in hand.”
7. Inclusion of the two part boots was a super thoughtful idea.
8. You can see the .45 colt bullets in the SAA cylinder… INSANE.

Aside from the hat this is one of the most detailed and well executed figures I have. Take extreme care with the small bits and the fragility.

ENJOY!

Yeah I love my figure. Lots of small, moving, fragile parts, but just be careful. That being said, I hope they pull back next time as far as the moving/small parts.

Wow, that sucks man. If mine shows up like that after all this time in shipping hell, I definitely won't be too happy about it.
I mean, why in the heck would they have needed to open the entire thing!? And remove every single item? Seems a little bit excessive?
And tin foil...really?? 🤔
Yeah I was confused when I first saw the outside of the box all re-wrapped with tons of tape, then to open this box and see what was what... it's not a simple thing to get everything out of the box. Do they really think people are going to smuggle drugs or whatever in every toy that comes across them?

Back