The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I think the best thing LIM can do is chill out on the movable pieces. They’re so unnecessary on sixth scale figures. They’re expensive display collectibles, not play toys.

Like it’s really cool that the spurs spin and the gun pieces move but how many people are going to use those features outside of taking them out of the box for the first time? You don’t see Hot Toys or Damtoys doing stuff like that…most likely because they know things will break.

I really think everyone would be better off if they just made solid pieces that looked better on the shelf instead of cool but unneeded features.
I think when it's very small parts like in this case (the spurs) it shouldn't be necessary. The feature on guns is cool and Dam is definitley known for moving parts and attachments to their weapons. Hot toys does the same also but not to the degree some are willing to do. I do applaud Lim for giving so much detail to the figure but I would have been ok with the spurs not have that spinning detail and was just one solid piece made of a soft bendable plastic. It also would have made it easier to remove from and switch it out on the boots.

I only collect Assassin’s Creed from Dam and none of those weapons have moving pieces, so my mistake for saying they didn’t make them like that.

I only collect Assassin’s Creed from Dam and none of those weapons have moving pieces, so my mistake for saying they didn’t make them like that.
No worries. Unless you count the hidden blades as moving parts in a way they do. Lol but yeah VTS which is Dam toys third party company when they made their Arthur the spurs on the boots are apart of the boot, and they don't spin which keeps them from breaking, though the detail is lost on them. Hopefully Lim decides to make them metal for John instead or use a soft plastic again.

Got my two figures last week. I have to say, one of my most anticipated figures of all time and it did not disappoint. Went with the shaved and mid-beard sculpt for my two. I'm even thinking about getting a third to have the beard head sculpt.

Lim Toys Red Dead Redemption 2 Arthur Morgan (3) by Ghost Reaper, on Flickr

Last edited:
g115.jpg

g214.jpg

g315.jpg

g415.jpg

g513.jpg

g614.jpg

g714.jpg

thanks to Kim Yongbum for the pose ...

Last edited:
Apologies for the poor lighting, but this figure is so damn good.

Attachments

• 20211126_214655.jpg
    20211126_214655.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 79
Honestly, I think the best thing LIM can do is chill out on the movable pieces. They’re so unnecessary on sixth scale figures. They’re expensive display collectibles, not play toys.

Like it’s really cool that the spurs spin and the gun pieces move but how many people are going to use those features outside of taking them out of the box for the first time? You don’t see Hot Toys or Damtoys doing stuff like that…most likely because they know things will break.

I really think everyone would be better off if they just made solid pieces that looked better on the shelf instead of cool but unneeded features.
Totally agree with you on this. It’s a case of “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”. I love what LIM has done with this figure, but I agree that the hyper-detailed stuff can be overkill, and in certain (if not many) cases detrimental.

I used to see it with modern military figures. Replicating the weight, drape, stitch size, etc in 1/6 from1/1 will always be a hit or miss thing. When you start making very intricate body armor systems and such exactly as their 1/1 counterpart, but in 1/1 fabrics cut to 1/6 size, the end result is usually a bit bulky. I’d rather something be sewn together permanently, and streamlined/scaled correctly, than be able to completely disassemble in ways 99.99999% of collectors will never use anyways.

I used to collect military figures, I was so excited when I saw those lighting night vision helmet, but I will never touch it again once the figure is assembled

I used to collect military figures, I was so excited when I saw those lighting night vision helmet, but I will never touch it again once the figure is assembled
What kind of military figures? I’ve been thinking about getting a few.

I’m surprised I haven’t seen people pose LIM Arthur with the VTS Arthur (with the John headsculpt)

Back