The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder who insisted that story get a nod?

Clearly a lot more people than KS were terrorized by the obsessive idea long ago.
I can probably tell that KS story word for word by memory, and Andy Muschietti and I are roughly the same age. I think for a certain age-demo of fans, it's as much a part of Superman lore as the Fortress of Solitude.

And so the WB nonsense continues.

Gadot has now teased her return as WW!

She said work is being done behind the scenes announcements will be made at their appropriate times.

Does WB not comprehend what the term reboot means, they are insane lol

ironwez be like..

1687297937719.gif

Ok let’s be real here. Besides her second movie. The first Wonder Woman was a success and people loved it. Yea aquaman made money too but nobody cares about him tbh.

So
Spoiler

Is the burton verse destroyed? Is Barry now in the Batman and Robin verse?

Ten Commandments was 3 hours 40 minutes long the OG LOTR lol

Dr Zhivago was 3 hours 15 minutes.
FOTR came out just a few years after the three hour Braveheart and shared a number of aesthetics so it wasn't totally unprecedented at its time of release.

There was also the 3 hour Christmas epic precedent set by Titanic as well.

DC and WB are screwed. The DC brand is really poison at the box office. It really all started with JL opening so low and this is the movie that had the Trinity and other big DC heroes. The interest was not there. The slide continued except for Joker and WW. What a mess. Gunn must be under such huge pressure he must be second guessing everything he does. If Superman Legacy flops, well Gunn will be next out. Alot has to be riding on that film. Should be interesting. I agree with some of you DC needs to go away for a few years. The taint of the failures of late is just too strong with the public. Folks, the interest is just not there.
I agree the superhero movie genre is losing steam quite abit. Rescued by only off the wall films like Joker. Marvel misses more than it hits the mark. It had to happen at some point. Same old stuff and nothing new and genuinely interesting and fresh. I can't see that happening.

DC and WB are screwed. The DC brand is really poison at the box office. It really all started with JL opening so low and this is the movie that had the Trinity and other big DC heroes. The interest was not there. The slide continued except for Joker and WW. What a mess. Gunn must be under such huge pressure he must be second guessing everything he does. If Superman Legacy flops, well Gunn will be next out. Alot has to be riding on that film. Should be interesting. I agree with some of you DC needs to go away for a few years. The taint of the failures of late is just too strong with the public. Folks, the interest is just not there.
I agree the superhero movie genre is losing steam quite abit. Rescued by only off the wall films like Joker. Marvel misses more than it hits the mark. It had to happen at some point. Same old stuff and nothing new and genuinely interesting and fresh. I can't see that happening.

I was going to claim that the word Multiverse is tainted but Across the Spiderverse remains a huge success.

I just don’t get it.

Lets face it, everyone but Cavill is returning.

Even John Cena Peacemaker is coming back, and they didn’t recast Amanda Waller either.

WB need to take like a decade off from Superhero movies and figure out wtf they are doing. Enough time for everyone to get the bad DC taste out of their mouth too.

Whether you love or hate the Snyderverse it at least had SOME artistic quality and vision, what we have received from the DCEU since in the Hamada era has been utter and completely soulless corporate bilge.
And as T800 says, it will now always be the "lost Lenore" of a not insignificant part of the audience who will always wonder what could have been and comparing whats produced to what they imagine.
Whereas if they just allowed Snyder to do his self-contained little universe he would be done by now and the audience would be looking forward to a new era anyway.
Yeah agree there. They may not have been as popular as the MCU, but Snyder's movies still at least felt like real "event" movies with a huge, epic scope and larger than life superheroes that made audiences want to see them on the big screen.

As opposed to every DC movie afterwards that looked cheap and cheesy as hell and treated nearly every character like a joke.

Last edited:
Very true.
Superman hasn’t really been in the movies in forever so if they get it right it may do well. We don’t know for sure.

Marvel just needs to stop dragging its boots and give people what they want. Xmen and ff and the others. They can’t survive off no names like Agatha and echo. That’s not what made marvel popular. It’s annoying that they keep bringing in z list heroes when they got the mutant roster back and the ff franchise. Get the damn ball rolling. Stop hindering what people want

Yeah agree there. They may not have been as popular as the MCU, Snyder's movies still at least felt like real "event" movies with a huge, epic scope and larger than life superheroes that made audiences want to see them on the big screen.

As opposed to every DC movie afterwards that looked cheap and cheesy as hell and treated nearly every character like a joke.
I.. I don’t know about epic scope or making audiences want to see them again. If that were the case we’d still have them. They weren’t event movies at all. Mos was ok, bvs was a bloated mess and the Snyder cut was long but serviceable .

I was going to claim that the word Multiverse is tainted but Across the Spiderverse remains a huge success.

I just don’t get it.
Across the spiderverse is a success cause it’s animation quality and bringing beloved characters to the screen we haven’t seen before. Also it’s unique take on Spider-Man

I do feel like the MI movies becoming "cool again" has a lot to do with people growing tired of CBMs completely taking over the sci-fi/fantasy/adventure/action genre for a decade. If all you are offered other than CBMs is Tom Cruise and John Wick for action, you'll take it... more and more.

There is a great hunger out there. Feed it.

Everyone knows how bad Indy 5 is going to be, yet watch -- it will likely fare better at the boxoffice than The Flash did.
IDK, I think they became cool again prior to that and as I recall the success of the Bourne movies was viewed as the impetus for Cruise's revisiting the property. MI:2 came out in 2000, and MI:3 wasn't until 2006. Bourne Identity and Bourne Ultimatum were in 2002 & 2004 and showed that there was still a market for smart, action packed spy thrillers. MI:3 was a step up in quality from MI:2 and they've been on a roll ever since.

And so the WB nonsense continues.

Gadot has now teased her return as WW!

She said work is being done behind the scenes announcements will be made at their appropriate times.

Does WB not comprehend what the term reboot means, they are insane lol

ironwez be like..

View attachment 645934

Lets face it, everyone but Cavill is returning.

Even John Cena Peacemaker is coming back, and they didn’t recast Amanda Waller either.

WB need to take like a decade off from Superhero movies and figure out wtf they are doing. Enough time for everyone to get the bad DC taste out of their mouth too.

I swear to God WB are going to learn all the wrong lessons from this latest disaster, like they did after the last disaster and the one before that and the one before that - ad nauseum....

Watch them make Clooney the DCU Batman with Bieber as Damian Wayne, keep Gadot Wonder-Woman with a yet again resurrected Steve Trevor, recast Superman, make Momoa Lobo but upgrade Amber Heard to Aquawoman, give us a movie about 5 Ezra Miller's terrorising Hawaii (and its portrayed like a good thing), or just have a 2 hour cut of the writers spitting at Henry Cavill's molested corpse..... whatever it is they will find a way to **** it up.
This semi-hard reboot (but lets keep some stuff to make it REEEEALLY CONFUSING) approach is INSANITY.

The Gunnverse is doomed because the culture in WB just can't understand what they are doing wrong and because Gunn himself is too selfish to just wipe the entire slate clean, even though its the right choice for the brand, as it would kill his own darlings and projects.

I will have ZERO hope for the DCU until its officially announced there is no continuity, cast or movies in common between the old DECU and the new DCU.
Full reboot from orbit, its the only way to be sure.

Back