The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twitter seems to be crying over this film and I mean like they hate it. From what I’ve seen

Twitter seems to be crying over this film and I mean like they hate it. From what I’ve seen
That's not saying much seeing how twitter is always crying about something 😅

In all serious though, most of it are Snyderverse fans who intentionally **** on the movie without seeing. All actual reviews are mostly mixed to a bit positive. They all seem to share the same criticisms on the movie, the CGI, nostalgia "bait"... Guess I'll see how it is tomorrow

Ezra Miller was absolutely amazing in this too. Playing more than one part, it feels like really different characters. The suit looks fantastic, he really was the best thing in it.
Yes Miller was quite good (& likable) playing the two different versions of Barry and the performances of Keaton and Sasha Calle were highlights for me as well. That said the movie felt really overstuffed and uneven, especially

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall, I'd rate this as a C+, maybe even a B-. Definitely worth seeing once, but it's not something that will demand multiple viewings.

p.s. - I enjoyed both the first surprise cameo and the very last one. I'm guessing quite a few people won't like the latter lol.

p.p.s. - Miller's running form still looks ridiculous. :slap

Last edited:
I actually enjoyed this. Far from perfect but fun - something the DCEU really lacks. Keaton is great, as expected. Lots of unnecessary cameos but still fun to see. Not a fan of Miller but they were both really good in this. Each Berry is very different and I kept forgetting they were the same actor until some random bad CGI reminded me. And not even in the two people played by the same person kind of CGI but a close up shot of one Barry then another close up CGI shot of the other Barry when both could have been shot separately. The CGI was odd. Like intentionally bad at some points but just bad in others. The CW Flash did more with less budget.

Just got out watching this and I don't see how James Gunn thinks this is the best superhero movie...and he's about to be co-head of DC? This movie was my most anticipated next to Rise of the Beast and it was just OK. I hate his cgi rubbery looking suit, even worse than Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern. Affleck looked weird in his new suit while talking. Keaton was a bad ass as Batman again and him in Russia walking and leading the other Barry's underground looked awesome.

I liked it quite a bit. Not perfect but decent as a semi-interpretation of the Flashpoint story. I liked Ezra Miller as the two versions of Barry/The Flash.

Keaton was also good as Bruce/Batman and gave that nostalgia blast I was hoping for. Supergirl wasn’t bad but underutilized for sure. I liked seeing a bit more of the Batcave in that universe. I was a bit bummed the Batmobile didn’t see any action.

I will say the special effects were shoddy as has been mentioned.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall I’m fairly satisfied. Not a perfect movie by any means and who knows if we’ll see more of this version of The Flash but it was good as a wrap for the DCEU if nothing else.

Back