The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went to see the first showing at my local flea pit yesterday ,view cinema in crewe

11 am showing about 18 punters in for it

non waiting outside to go in for next showing as we left

staff turned up the house lights ,washing the picture right out just as the after credits bit came on lol

not great

surprising to me was not even a poster for the flash outside the cinema

they had one for some nickelodeon turtles thing ,i dont know anthing about it ,looked like a tv show spin off or some thing to me

but no promotion for the flash at all

it was okay

didn't hate it

but i didn't love it either

doubt ill ever watch it again or remember it fondly anytime soon
too bad

for me file under wonder woman 84 and josstice league as it seemed to fit with them in terms of quality and sensibility
neil patrick harris GIF

Just got out of my showing. Absolutely loved it. Keaton was on point of course but I really enjoyed Miller's Barry, as much as a lunatic as he may be in real life. Sacha Calle was great too and I’d be happy with her reprising the role in the new DCU. Surprised at how funny and emotional it was, and the big surprises for me were the cameos, so glad I avoided all the spoilers.
Already preordered Hot Toys Keaton but think I’ll get the Flash now as well.

Last edited:
I'm seeing it tomorrow. I'm only going because based on the trailers I thought the kids would like it even if I didn't. I feel like I have to apologize to them before the movie starts now.
not sure how old your kids are but i wouldn't be surprised if they liked it

im old and dont do any social media but from what my son who came with me,
hes 30 says it seemed aimed at the tick tock crowd ,whatever that is or means lol

im guessing its the kids that call out to the flash in the trailer

well at least they love him lol

the scorpion king style CGI in the speed force thing and parallel worlds didn't bother me too much as i put it down to a design choice much like the animated metal filings look of the kryptonian animated retelling of their conquest of the stars in man of steel

on another non buzz anecdote

no thread or mention of the film on the football forum i visit entertainment section where marvel movies spiderverse and guardians of the lavatory have regular threads active

by the way your a good dad taking your kids to see something you dont expect to like because they will or might in this case

the crap ive sat through or more accurately slept through with mine lol (y)

not sure how old your kids are but i wouldn't be surprised if they liked it

im old and dont do any social media but from what my son who came with me,
hes 30 says it seemed aimed at the tick tock crowd ,whatever that is or means lol

im guessing its the kids that call out to the flash in the trailer

well at least they love him lol

the scorpion king style CGI in the speed force thing and parallel worlds didn't bother me too much as i put it down to a design choice much like the animated metal filings look of the kryptonian animated retelling of their conquest of the stars in man of steel

on another non buzz anecdote

no thread or mention of the film on the football forum i visit entertainment section where marvel movies spiderverse and guardians of the lavatory have regular threads active

by the way your a good dad taking your kids to see something you dont expect to like because they will or might in this case

the crap ive sat through or more accurately slept through with mine lol (y)
11, 13 and 15. The 15-year-old thinks the world runs on Tik Tok. If it's on Tik Tok it's true :slap

I guess we shall see.

Sitting at 69% critic and 95% audience so far(audience score is admittedly a small sample size.)

Seeing it this weekend...will hold of bashing it until I actually see it...crazy concept these days, I know.

Seems to be a mixed bag. I'm wondering now based on some users' movie preference, will I be able to gauge if I should see it in theaters.

I mean, if a person enjoyed most, if not all, of MCU phase 4 and they liked this, I'll most likely hate this. Something like that.

Back