The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait why are his nails painted? Is this flash bi?
1624292304112.gif

Just not the right comic it seems. I'll say it again, nobody was screaming 'woke SJW agenda' when Billy Dee Williams was cast as Harvey Dent, but people are so sensitive to anything different these days. Even a haircut can set people off.
Because today their is an agenda. Identity politics are real. Rarely is anyone cast nowadays because they are right for the role. Instead they are cast because of race/ethnicity. Basically Hollywood and the left judge people on their skin color. Ironic. They became the very thing they sought to destroy.

And Billy Dee is awesome. I never saw an agenda with him as Two-Face. He played the role well. Seemingly was the best actor. No issues from me.

When it is natural, when the story is planned for and calls for whatever race, ethnicity, sexuality, it needs,mno issue. When they do mindless race, gender swaps or even certain hair styles/choices, that is when the show becomes pure agenda.

Two Face wasn't well known back then. The first time I saw the film I had no idea who Harvey Dent was or that he was going to become Two Face. Two Face was not in the Adam West show, so I didn't know him, and I bet the same goes for most of the audience at that time.

Why is wanting to see more people from different backgrounds and lifestyles such a bad thing? Is it because of how manufactured and forced it is?

Why is wanting to see more people from different backgrounds and lifestyles such a bad thing? Is it because of how manufactured and forced it is?
It’s not, but when they do it, they eliminate one race (white) to get another and it feels forced. Diversity means anti-white in many cases. Modern Family and Schitt’s Creek are two of my favorite all time comedy shows. Neither felt forced or preachy, cast to perfection, and were great shows. Family Matters was another, I remember staying up late as a kid and watching it.

All these companies could make new diverse characters or promotoe the ones they do have instead, that could last a generation, and instead they just race swap gender swap everything. I’d be down for a Static Shock movie. I watched the cartoon as a kid. Or John Stewart. Or some new female character that isn’t MaRey Sue. I don’t need a black Batman, black Obamam Superman, Latina Supergirl, Force is Female, gay Captain America. That **** is pure agenda forced identity politic garbage. Make a new black superhero. A new Latina superhero. A new gay Superhero whose identity isn’t being solely gay. But they don’t.

Plenty and I mean plenty of room to keep the old and introduce the new. But that isn’t their agenda.

I’m fine with it but some don’t feel sincere. Like say black Superman. It feels as though they are just trying to get people talking and controversy. Get those Twitter fingers moving . It’s not to be progressive.

think Malcolm x said it best. They’ll give you small little rewards instead of actual equality and I feel like that’s going on here.
Make a white character black then turn to the black guy and say

“ look we made him black . We did good right”
“ Idc what about police brutality?”

“I’m sorry huh?”

The director mentioned the JL twice...we have a Flash, Batman, Supergirl...

Too bad clown Ezra is in this or the hype train would really be off the rails.
Yeah, I'm not sold on him, but his new costume seems cool. Personally, I would have given Flash a costume that looks similar to the 1990 Flash show, because that costume was influenced by the Keaton suit and that era of Batman films. Both had the gold belts and the 1990 Flash cowl is still the best one so far. But since Ezra is in the Keaton universe, his Flash suit should fit in that universe. I'd get the costume designer from Batman Returns to design the costumes.

I'm getting hyped for this too, seems like it could be the right combination of nostalgia and fresh ideas that DC sorely need. I think supergirl looks good, obviously snyder themed, added to 89 Batmobile, keaton and affleck, what's not to love!

Back