The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still looking forward to this, but I gotta say Keaton's Batman is looking really weird and out of place in this movie, running around in the bright daylight and jumping around like a cartoon character despite looking absolutely ancient in closeups, and interacting with random superheroes that aren't remotely connected to the Burtonverse...

Starting to think this was not a good idea after all.

Still looking forward to this, but I gotta say Keaton's Batman is looking really weird and out of place in this movie, running around in the bright daylight and jumping around like a cartoon character despite looking absolutely ancient in closeups, and interacting with random superheroes that aren't remotely connected to the Burtonverse...

I don’t know I think Batman can look great during the daytime see for yourself…

1681702427573.gif

Yeah. Same vibe as rubbery cartoon C-3PO flipping and flopping all over the droid factory in AOTC.

CGI only works when it subtly enhances things without us noticing. When it's used to make people/objects do things we KNOW they can't physically do, it's the worst style of special effects. It ruins movies.

Yeah. Same vibe as rubbery cartoon C-3PO flipping and flopping all over the droid factory in AOTC.

CGI only works when it subtly enhances things without us noticing. When it's used to make people/objects do things we KNOW they can't physically do, it's the worst style of special effects. It ruins movies.
Hush you Keaton is back show some respect lol

I honestly believe this movie (as crazy as it sounds) might propel dc forward. I hate to say it but this movie does look pretty good. From what I’ve seen. It could still suck but yea. We will see.

I honestly believe this movie (as crazy as it sounds) might propel dc forward. I hate to say it but this movie does look pretty good. From what I’ve seen. It could still suck but yea. We will see.

Why do you hate to say or think this movie looks good? Afraid you’ll jinx it or something? Lol I genuinely hope everything I watch is good or at least somewhat enjoyable.

Why do you hate to say or think this movie looks good? Afraid you’ll jinx it or something? Lol I genuinely hope everything I watch is good or at least somewhat enjoyable.
Probably cause the stuff Ezra did. Dude is crazy and I can barely get behind a guy that did so much crap to people even if the film is good. I know separate the art from the artist but sometimes that’s hard but yea I mean I hope it’s good and it looks good so far but the whole Ezra situation and how they kinda just swept it under the rug while he kept terrorizing Hawaii rubbed me the wrong way about this whole film. I’m sure once this movie comes out and it’s a hit people are going to act like dude didn’t do anything. Meanwhile johnathan majors may never see a role again

They did kinda overdo the CGI going off the trailer. They probably said, well he can barely stand at his age, so let's yoda this thing and go overboard!

They did kinda overdo the CGI going off the trailer. They probably said, well he can barely stand at his age, so let's yoda this thing and go overboard!
It’s not even that. Those that grew up with Keaton Batman know that suit was stiff and restrictive. Even in his prime, that Batman looked and moved a certain unwieldy way. And they hid a lot of the restrictions in darkness and shadow.
batman-neck.gif

So to see him moving around so freely in the day is already uncanny, but also in ways that defy physics is an extra level of adjustment. Keaton Batman just never moved like that. It’ll take time to readjust to it.

From a narrative standpoint, it's hard to say.

From a marketing standpoint, I'd suggest that it was the best move given the total situation of the DCEU.

Even if it doesn't completely work out, it opens the door for Burtonverse Catwoman and Penguin as future possibilities. And I can't lie, I'd like to see Jim Carrey back as The Riddler in some fashion. I know that edges out of the Burton realm, but a few of the Burton characters carried over into the Schumaker zone. Maybe that drags them in too.

From a narrative standpoint, it's hard to say.

From a marketing standpoint, I'd suggest that it was the best move given the total situation of the DCEU.

Even if it doesn't completely work out, it opens the door for Burtonverse Catwoman and Penguin as future possibilities. And I can't lie, I'd like to see Jim Carrey back as The Riddler in some fashion. I know that edges out of the Burton realm, but a few of the Burton characters carried over into the Schumaker zone. Maybe that drags them in too.
I just meant in terms of getting to see Keaton back in the batsuit after all these years. It was supposed to be this incredibly cool thing, but the more I see of him the less it really even feels like the same Batman. And more like just another alternate version of the character like all the different Flashes we're getting in this.

I just meant in terms of getting to see Keaton back in the batsuit after all these years. It was supposed to be this incredibly cool thing, but the more I see of him the less it really even feels like the same Batman. And more like just another alternate version of the character like all the different Flashes we're getting in this.

Making a DCEU film with only the Flash is like the MCU making a film only about War Machine.

I love the War Machine toys. They are fantastic. You could replace Don Cheadle with any number of actors and honestly I wouldn't see or feel a difference. He's there. And we have to deal with it. Any film like that would be seen as a Dollar Store version of Iron Man. He is going to be a TV series, but there is no way Cheadle is going to carry film on his own.

If you however make a War Machine film where he goes back in time and finds WW2 era Steve Rogers, Peggy Carter and Tommy Lee Jones' character plus Red Elrond, then you've got an entirely different ballgame. Even if it's only for 10 minutes.

Consider the bigger strategy here. The current Flash is clearly set up as a conduit to create a "multi-verse" here. It means maybe one day Henry Cavill can come back. Gal Gadot. Ben Affleck. Etc, etc. And it still leaves freedom to explore new characters, like it appears Chris Pratt is being set up to be Booster Gold.

You could be right, Keaton might suck in this. It could be stunt casting that backfires. But it creates more options for both the franchise and the entire "universe" than otherwise. This might not work out. The pathways it opens however might create the opportunity for you to see something in the future that you genuinely love.

Technically, Jack Nicholson's Joker could then one day come back. Think about the kind of audience you could create just off of that alone.

Well, Jack is 85 or 86 and retired, so he's not actually coming back in person anytime. I suppose they could deepfake him for a few scenes.

Remember back in '97 or so when there were rumors about what "Batman 5" would be? This was kinda pre-internet so I never knew if these were legit in anyway or if some kid just made them up, but the rumor was that it'd be called "Batman Triumphant" and the bad guy was gonna be the Scarecrow, possibly played by Howard Stern. (Ah, the 90s.) I feel like I read that in Wizard magazine. Or maybe it would be Nicolas Cage. But the main thing was that Batman would have a "fear hallucination" and see Jack Nicholson's Joker for one scene.

Whether that was ever true or not, we got "Batman and Robin" instead and it killed the franchise for a while.

Consider the bigger strategy here. The current Flash is clearly set up as a conduit to create a "multi-verse" here. It means maybe one day Henry Cavill can come back. Gal Gadot. Ben Affleck. Etc, etc. And it still leaves freedom to explore new characters, like it appears Chris Pratt is being set up to be Booster Gold.
That’s what’s cracking me up. They sunk at least $300 million on this to “create a multiverse”…

… but they already established it. With the same actor. On a much lower-budget TV show.
the-flash-grant-gustin-ezra-miller.jpg

Same result. A fraction of the cost and investment.

That’s what’s cracking me up. They sunk at least $300 million on this to “create a multiverse”…

Depends on what they do with it.

Can only speak for myself, but I really loved the beginning of Man Of Steel. I thought Crowe and Shannon as Jor El and Zod was fantastic. I very much wanted a Krypton movie. If this potential Flash multiverse gets me and all of us more Zod, I'm OK with it.

I'm always more than willing to bang on the DCEU for it's missteps, but this current situation, looks like they are salvaging the best they can out of the total situation. I mean I can't blame them for trying.

Back