The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've often brought up Mayweather in the context of how Batman would fight -- one of the most elusive and technical boxers I've ever seen.
  • Speed of Bruce Lee
  • Evasion of Mayweather
  • Mix in Jason Bourne
  • A dash of Tyson's raw power and ferocity
... that would be an exciting Batman.

There was a fight scene in Vikings (when they were trying to invade France maybe) when they showed Ragnar, lightly armoured and with a short range melee weapon (ax, I think?) using incredible footwork, bobbing and weaving to avoid multiple assailants. It made me believe he was an elite fighter. He was moving how I would expect from someone with his experience and survivability, with raw athleticism and incredible timing.

Would require the actor to have some background in dance or ballet training. To have those truly graceful moves. Also, you need a young man playing Batman. I don;t buy Affleck or Keaton having those moves, even in their heyday. I would buy it from emo Battinson.

Well... surprise eventually comes into it.

I like surprise. I like Grace (Kelly) in lingerie.
5D574DC3-A089-444F-8A0D-44918BF92098.png

Would require the actor to have some background in dance or ballet training. To have those truly graceful moves. Also, you need a young man playing Batman. I don;t buy Affleck or Keaton having those moves, even in their heyday. I would buy it from emo Battinson.
100%. Gymnastics would help too. Tony Jaa (Ong Bak) has superhero level athleticism.

The Ragnar scene was very cool because if I'm remembering it right, he got in a jam wherein he was unarmed and overmatched, he used those moves to get out of there -- which was the most realistic thing.

I have a friend -- former military close protection -- he described his job as being a deterrent first and if it came down to it, a professional at running away. Batman would need that skill.

He's not a meathead and he has the detective thing going on, but he's still wearing bulky body armour, walks through gunfire, and ominously stomps out of dark hallways in combat boots instead of flitting through the shadows taking people out via stealth and finely honed skills.

Like I said; guy-in-a-cape is already unrealistic so I'll buy Ninja-like abilities. I already buy a guy walking through gunfire -- as you know, I loved the The Batman -- but it can be better!
The intro to Bale's Batman in Batman Begins was good but it was almost too ninja-like (i.e., Nolan didn't show enough of Batman taking out the bad guys). Of course now we know it's because he sucks at fight choreography, but if you could add the Bourne hand-to-hand combat skills to that BB use of stealth, deception and theatricality I think that would be ideal.

The intro to Bale's Batman in Batman Begins was good but it was almost too ninja-like (i.e., Nolan didn't show enough of Batman taking out the bad guys). Of course now we know it's because he sucks at fight choreography, but if you could add the Bourne hand-to-hand combat skills to that BB use of stealth, deception and theatricality I think that would be ideal.
Huh...I'll have to watch that again. I liked the movie even though I kinda hated the costume for being too tacti-cool.

Huh...I'll have to watch that again. I liked the movie even though I kinda hated the costume for being too tacti-cool.
This was his first suit (not the TDK upgrade), which was more restrictive & had more in common with Keaton's suit. And I'm thinking of when he took out Falcone's thugs at the docks and the other scene where he's taking guys out at the water works before he got dosed by Scarecrow.

There was a fight scene in Vikings (when they were trying to invade France maybe) when they showed Ragnar, lightly armoured and with a short range melee weapon (ax, I think?) using incredible footwork, bobbing and weaving to avoid multiple assailants. It made me believe he was an elite fighter. He was moving how I would expect from someone with his experience and survivability, with raw athleticism and incredible timing.

Back