The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ben Affleck Batman film

Don't care for the Batman animated series. My least favorite of the Batman animated shows, probably. Even below the Filmation one with Bat-Mite.

The Batman is a great title.

Glad Affleck is getting a chance to shine, alone with his crew. I think there's a great Batman film in him. Please, please have nothing to do with MoS, BvS and Justice League.
Hear, hear! Also, be nice if Jerefred Irons also has a significant role.

Yeah it was announced around the same time as Batman Begins.

Didn't really watch it or follow it, but I remember it being toted as the next big thing around the time of Begins. Joker is like a Jamaican, Rastafarian man or something.

Yeah, it was about young Batman in his mid 20's. It wasn't that bad, if I remember correctly. I hope we get a younger Batman in the Affleck film...maybe a younger Joker too, without the tattoos. It'd be cool if Battfleck has the classic yellow bat symbol. The current Joker has a tattoo of that classic logo...it must be for a reason, right?

(from Cinemacon)

It's official. Affleck is directing and starring in THE BATMAN

Glad Affleck is getting a chance to shine, alone with his crew. I think there's a great Batman film in him. Please, please have nothing to do with MoS, BvS and Justice League.

Good news and hope it's related to MoS, BvS, and JL. It should all tie together, muahahhahahaha.

Yeah, it was about young Batman in his mid 20's. It wasn't that bad, if I remember correctly. I hope we get a younger Batman in the Affleck film...maybe a younger Joker too, without the tattoos. It'd be cool if Battfleck has the classic yellow bat symbol. The current Joker has a tattoo of that classic logo...it must be for a reason, right?

The sky is the limit. There are a lot of places they can go with this thing.

I always wished that that was the title given to Batman Begins. Never liked that one. I realize that at the time WB was going out of their way to make it obvious that it was NOT a continuation of B&R but people would have figured that out about five seconds into the first trailer. And now it's stuck with the dumb name forever.

I always wished that that was the title given to Batman Begins. Never liked that one. I realize that at the time WB was going out of their way to make it obvious that it was NOT a continuation of B&R but people would have figured that out about five seconds into the first trailer. And now it's stuck with the dumb name forever.

The BEGINS part belongs to the planned trilogy concept the Nolans had from day 1:

BEGINS
FALLS
RISES

Of course BATMAN FALLS sounds terrible so they went with THE DARK KNIGHT instead which was perfect because it was the closing line of the film.

I want to see the Court of Owls, not Joker or the same old villains again. Hell, since he apparently has met all of his villains, how about some Ratcatcher and Killer Moth love, eh? Still, that + the Dr. Strange trailer made my morning. Affleck's gonna kill it!

PS: Though, if you wanna go full-on "darkness" mode, give me a Se7en-like thriller with Mr. Pyg and Mr. Bloom as the villains.

The only titles I like are Batman, Batman Returns, The Dark Knight and now, The Batman.

"Forever", "Begins", "Rises" and "v. Dawn of Justice" are lame.

Don't care for the Batman animated series.
My least favorite of the Batman animated shows, probably.
Even below the Filmation one with Bat-Mite.

54558246.jpg

Back