The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, yeah.. Especially 4k BD's.

There are people who actually have a real A/V system... A big OLED or projector along with a true Home Theater system with actual speakers for a 7.1 set up. Or even better an Atmos setup 7.2.2 or even more..

Not people who watch with headphones on their phones, PC's, tablets... Or own crappy TV's.. Or even having the laugh out loud "Soundbar" (sorry to those who think their soundbar w or w/o a subwoofer sounds good) .... None of that is actual Home Theater.

Don't get confused with/by people who actually ENJOY a good picture and sound. Streaming just doesn't cut it. Especially the Audio. It's all compressed to hell.

I've heard iTunes 4K quality is closer to physical disc than you'd think - and they often have Atmos.

I've heard iTunes 4K quality is closer to physical disc than you'd think - and they often have Atmos.
I have D+, Amazon prime and HBOMax. The 4k picture is ok on those, but the sound is eh. I actually have the Apple service thorough my sister. I wanted to watch 2 movies (Greyhound & Finch) so one day she signed in for me. Can't really comment on whether it was any better than D+, Prime or HBO. Netflix I refuse to pay extra so I don't have the 4K streaming.

I actually don't really buy that many movies anymore, as I got tired of upgrading my favorite movies from DVD, then BD, now 4k. Only the ones I really like and know I will watch multiple times. But when I tried do some comparisons of discs vs streaming, there is definitely a noticeable difference in the Audio. It's harder to tell with picture. The biggest thing I hate about streaming is the occasional drop out of the audio or picture degrading when at times signal drops. Annoying as F....

I actually don't really buy that many movies anymore, as I got tired of upgrading my favorite movies from DVD, then BD, now 4k.

That's actually why I started buying from iTunes, as they offer free upgrades from 1080p to 4K. The catch is you can't download the 4K, only stream - and not all titles have been upgraded yet.

I’m building a perfect Batman costume and leaving it in my closet that way if I get alzheimers and I open the closet I will be like WTF wait…..WAIT!!!
Holy crap, lol!

Finished watching this on disc, third viewing overall. It's still as freaking epic as ever.

That final shot of him watching Selina leave before revving the throttle on his bike to go deal with all heck breaking loose in Gotham...perfection.

Holy crap, lol!

Finished watching this on disc, third viewing overall. It's still as freaking epic as ever.

That final shot of him watching Selina leave before revving the throttle on his bike to go deal with all heck breaking loose in Gotham...perfection.
That’s one of my favorite final shots of any movie it’s OT levels of greatness.

Think about it for a second most movies we worship don’t have epic final shots as in literally final shot fade to black.

The Batman has one.

OT has them.

Batman 89 has one.

TDK hmmm I guess sure but not as good as TB nope!

BB would, had it ended with the joker card instead of him gliding lol

Halloween 78 has one

Road Warrior has a really good one.

Rambo 4 has one.

Rocky 3 has one that’s a great one.

Rocky 1 hmm maybe I guess.

This is what my wife sees when she looks to the left from bed she’s like…”great a night light” lol

AD32462C-3E55-4BE5-8630-5BAF9797E4D8.jpeg

That’s one of my favorite final shots of any movie it’s OT levels of greatness.

Think about it for a second most movies we worship don’t have epic final shots as in literally final shot fade to black.

The Batman has one.

OT has them.

Batman 89 has one.

TDK hmmm I guess sure but not as good as TB nope!

BB would, had it ended with the joker card instead of him gliding lol

Halloween 78 has one

Road Warrior has a really good one.

Rambo 4 has one.

Rocky 3 has one that’s a great one.

Rocky 1 hmm maybe I guess.
Yep, there's something extra special when an already great movie ends on a perfect note.

Raiders warehouse, BTTF DeLorean flying into the camera, Sarah driving off into the approaching storm.

TDK batpod exit could have been great but Gordon ruined it with his super cringe speech, lol.

I just rewatched this too. Still as good as ever, but everytime I rewatch this, that final act (with the flood and Riddler clones) gets worse and worse. I really wish it ended with him and the Riddler at Arkham.

Yep, there's something extra special when an already great movie ends on a perfect note.

Raiders warehouse, BTTF DeLorean flying into the camera, Sarah driving off into the approaching storm.

TDK batpod exit could have been great but Gordon ruined it with his super cringe speech, lol.
Yup those too!

But as you can see there are not as many as you would think which places TB in a very unique category!

I mean we love Aliens, Predator, Die Hard, Top Gun, T1 and Robocop but I don’t think they have epic fade to blacks.

Not even LOTR has any :horror

Last edited:
Some things that I don't understand or have questions about the final act:

1. Why does Gordon leave the Mayor after she gets shot. I think his first order of the day there is to get her out. The other cops can deal with the shooters.
2 How is she able to stand, and walk on the flood after she is shot.
3. How is she able to make that speech the day after despite being shot, and having to wade through that very dirty water.
4. How can those gunmen make it up there without running into security? Looks like they had a lot of cops there and no one spotted them? This looks like it would have been a highly secure event (being the victory party of the new mayor).
5. How is there still electricity after the building is completely flooded. Normally electricity is the first to go during floods. The building appears to be far enough from the seawall for the flood to take a few minutes to get to it. Power would have been cut earlier either due to damage or deliberately due to safety issues.
6. How was Riddler able to get those "followers" without getting noticed by law enforcement? I would expect he'd be tripping several warning flags before he got to earn those few hundred subscribers/followers.

Yup those too!

But as you can see there are not as many as you would think which places TB in a very unique category!

I mean we love Aliens, Predator, Die Hard, Top Gun, T1 and Robocop but I don’t think they have epic fade to blacks.

Not even LOTR has any :horror
ROTK could have had several epic fade to black moments except it just kept going and going before finally ending on Sam's door which was the least epic of all the ending moments. :lol

But man not only did TB have one of the greatest final shots of all time but he also had one of the greatest entrances of all time too. It was basically Darth Vader walking out of the dark in RO but with footsteps replacing the breathing. :thud:

And even the the batmobile reveal appeared to be a bit of a riff off the Tumbler intro with it revving it's engine next to the side of the building holy crap that freaking fighter jet engine sound absolutely blows away the Tumbler engine!

2 How is she able to stand, and walk on the flood after she is shot.
3. How is she able to make that speech the day after despite being shot, and having to wade through that very dirty water.
Black Girl Magic

D
ROTK could have had several epic fade to black moments except it just kept going and going before finally ending on Sam's door which was the least epic of all the ending moments. :lol

But man not only did TB have one of the greatest final shots of all time but he also had one of the greatest entrances of all time too. It was basically Darth Vader walking out of the dark in RO but with footsteps replacing the breathing. :thud:

And even the the batmobile reveal appeared to be a bit of a riff off the Tumbler intro with it revving it's engine next to the side of the building holy crap that freaking fighter jet engine sound absolutely blows away the Tumbler engine!
Dude you’re right TB opening/ending :thud:

lol@ Sam’s door

I rewatched the Tumbler Scene which I have always loved but it’s not even close!

TB is a beast!

Back