The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been saying that for awhile. They have to be the dumbest studio ever. They hold billions of dollars worth of characters and properties but don’t do **** with them

I like my Batman like I like my coffee and women...

1654355704929.png

It’s amazing just how dumb WB truly are they deserve their status.

The critically acclaimed The Batman from THIS YEAR is nowhere to be found on their HBO Max service you have to actually type the movie name to go find it even the DC portal is from Zack Snyder.

It’s like they’re embarrassed of their own movie just go to Disney+ the crappy MCU shows are ALL front and center to be viewed yet their crowning achievement The Batman, which is critically rated higher than most MCU movies not just DS2 its direct 2022 competitor, is already hidden. :slap

Dumb Asses lol
maybe they're after those blu ray sales lol

Tim Burton:

During an interview with Empire Magazine, the 63-year-old filmmaker had some strong words for Warner Bros. who replaced Burton for the third film after Batman Returns was “too dark”.

“They went the other way,” said Burton. “That’s the funny thing about it. But then I was like, ‘Wait a minute. Okay. Hold on a second here. You complain about me, I’m too weird, I’m too dark, and then you put nipples on the costume? Go f**k yourself.’ Seriously. So, yeah, I think that’s why I didn’t end up [doing a third film.]”

Batman Returns was met with concern from Warner Bros.

Essentially, they thought the critically acclaimed Batman sequel was just too dark and didn’t want to make another sequel with Burton at the helm. After he left, Burton was replaced by Joel Schumacher who, let’s face it, made some definite… choices.

But the conversation about Batman Returns being too dark reminded Burton of The Batman. “It is funny to see this now, because all these memories come back of, ‘It’s too dark,’ So, it makes me laugh a little bit.”

Although Burton is yet to see the recent Batman film, his observations about the film being too dark are clearly reminiscent of his own experiences with the err… Dark Knight.

“I’m not just overly dark,” Burton explained. “That represents me in the sense that… that’s how I see things. It’s not meant as pure darkness. There’s a mixture. I feel really fondly about [Batman Returns] because of the weird experiment that it felt like.”

As for the bat nipples, those were the work of Schumacher and his lead sculptor, Jose Fernandez.

“It wasn’t fetish to me, it was more informed by Roman armor — like Centurions,” Fernandez told Mel Magazine about the legendary nipples. “And, in the comic books, the characters always looked like they were naked with spray paint on them — it was all about anatomy, and I like to push anatomy. I don’t know exactly where my head was at back in the day, but that’s what I remember. And so, I added the nipples. I had no idea there was going to end up being all this buzz about it.”

Rama's great big, itty-bitty The Batman review:

(just now seeing this movie)

* (squinting at screen) what.....? I cant see a thing

*Ok, whatever else goes down, this is the hottest Batman ever. He does not speak in an overtly fake voice, and he is wearing a cowl that actually does not obstruct his vision. Okay.

*that little Catwoman knitted cowl is CUTE. This CW is okay. Unlike Halle Berry.

*my God, this is a long movie

*husband: "How long has this movie been going on now.....?" Ikr....?

*Wow. Its really dark. Its like im watching "The Crow" here.

*BEST. BATMOBILE. EVER.

*This is just going on way, way too long. *shifts position*

*90 lb women are not pulling 200 lb men up onto any ledges. Be serious.

*Riddler: better than Jim Carey, at least.

*of course we got a Joker tease because why would we not? Cant get away from that guy.

In short, i thought Pattinson and Kravitz did a good job, this script tho.... Just dragging on 100 years too long. Do better next time, filmmakers.

Thought the safebreaking interaction between Bat and Cat was really well done, these two have a lot of chemistry and Id be interested in seeing them again. Just with a different scriptwriter.

Bats was very obviously trying not to hurt her, and it was really quite sweet. And the way he snatched that passport away from her like Okay, gimme that...! lol

That wasnt a nice level headed review, it was silly b.s. mostly complaining about how very dark this movie was, i mean literally it was too much absence of light. The scenes at dusk were awesome, though.

I felt the extra length didnt really add anything we needed, either. Felt like we were treading the same ground over and over, just stuck.

With that said, i liked it as a whole and will rewatch to see stuff i missed first time around.

Husband: "That is NOT Robert Pattinson." I heard that about six times.

Haha, joke's on you boo.

Thought the safebreaking interaction between Bat and Cat was really well done, these two have a lot of chemistry and Id be interested in seeing them again. Just with a different scriptwriter.

Bats was very obviously trying not to hurt her, and it was really quite sweet. And the way he snatched that passport away from her like Okay, gimme that...! lol

Yeah I really liked their first(?) meeting as well. I liked how he countered her strikes and subdued her on the table.

Yeah I really liked their first(?) meeting as well. I liked how he countered her strikes and subdued her on the table.

Should I say this....? Probably, not, but my title is after all "Mod Bait" and so I'm going to say it. That entire scene was quite sexually charged. His holding her still and whispering "Shhhh...." when security came in? His slamming her on the table and holding her in place while peering intently down at her, watching her reaction? Uh, that is a yes. Yet he was not at all brutal with her, and did not give off an intent to harm. When the danger was past, he let her go. Which showed her he could be trusted to some extent.

HAWT.

Meanwhile fighting the urge to PO the HT Bats, I am in enough Star Wars Hot Toys trouble as it is, and this is not a cheap figure - even just the regular version. I wonder if HT will give us a Selina to go with him? I'd want to display her with him, and if she shows up its going to be *really hard* not to want these two on my shelves.

Should I say this....? Probably, not, but my title is after all "Mod Bait" and so I'm going to say it. That entire scene was quite sexually charged. His holding her still and whispering "Shhhh...." when security came in? His slamming her on the table and holding her in place while peering intently down at her, watching her reaction? Uh, that is a yes. Yet he was not at all brutal with her, and did not give off an intent to harm. When the danger was past, he let her go. Which showed her he could be trusted to some extent.

HAWT.

Agree, I definitely felt some sort of dynamic between the two; I felt their relationship was solidly made. Well, uh, he did dominate her one-on-one :lol :monkey3

Meanwhile fighting the urge to PO the HT Bats, I am in enough Star Wars Hot Toys trouble as it is, and this is not a cheap figure - even just the regular version. I wonder if HT will give us a Selina to go with him? I'd want to display her with him, and if she shows up its going to be *really hard* not to want these two on my shelves.

To quote the chancellor, dew it!! (If you really want to.) But yeah I hope they release Catwoman, as she's a must to go along with Battinson.

I just want a universe that feels earned. I didn’t feel that with snyders universe. I want to see build up to the jl I want to see other characters get spotlight other than Batman. I want to see them actually do what marvel did and plan things out and go above and beyond

I just want a universe that feels earned. I didn’t feel that with snyders universe. I want to see build up to the jl I want to see other characters get spotlight other than Batman. I want to see them actually do what marvel did and plan things out and go above and beyond

I'm sure that was Snyder's plan but WB were impatient. I think he acquitted himself well under the circumstances - I can die happy with MoS, BvS and ZSJL.

I'm sure that was Snyder's plan but WB were impatient. I think he acquitted himself well under the circumstances - I can die happy with MoS, BvS and ZSJL.
I use to blame Snyder but now I’m leaning more towards WB being the ones who asked for all this crap to be put into his films. I don’t like his movies but his action for mos was the best we’ve gotten so farb

Back