The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd also like to agree with the No Robin request.

A bright colored "Robin" never really fit the relatively new "dark and dramatic" (80's?) Batman world. He would look ridiculous in a Nolan or Reeves universe. He serves no purpose when you have Alfred as a confidant. And anyone you need to rescue could be Bruce's latest girlfriend. Robin is a left-over character from a bygone era.

Now if Batman goes back to a more campy colorful world, then Robin fits right in.

And don't suggest they give Robin that silly black suit with the red bird on his chest -- then he's just another "Batman" and again serves no purpose.

I'd also like to agree with the No Robin request.

A bright colored "Robin" never really fit the relatively new "dark and dramatic" (80's?) Batman world. He would look ridiculous in a Nolan or Reeves universe. He serves no purpose when you have Alfred as a confidant. And anyone you need to rescue could be Bruce's latest girlfriend. Robin is a left-over character from a bygone era.

Now if Batman goes back to a more campy colorful world, then Robin fits right in.

And don't suggest they give Robin that silly black suit with the red bird on his chest -- then he's just another "Batman" and again serves no purpose.
Yep Stan Lee knew all the way back in 1964 that teenage sidekicks were a silly trope to continue which is why he left Bucky in WWII when reintroducing Cap into the modern continuity.

Poison Ivy just makes sense as an environmental terrorist. Goes after the big corporations for releasing deadly emissions into the atmosphere. Too political? He opened the door with his Catwoman white privilege comment.

I could see her poisoning politicians, CEOs for not acting fast enough. The poison lips was always a neat gimmick of hers. She doesn't need to be green skinned or controlling of plants. Of course, she herself cannot drive a movie, so you need to compliment her with another villain. NO, NOT BANE OR SOME BRUTE!

Only way I would tackle a Clayface is to actually have a face of clay where he can mold it and transform into another person. I think that is really outside of the grounded realism for Reeves. The MI mask gimmick also applies.

Like I've said before, Mr. Freeze being a kidnapper and experimenting on victims in order to cure his wife would be the way I would approach him. A means justify the ends.

Robin can be done, but he needs to be in a support role. He cannot be the whiny punk kid, but more of an apprentice that learns the ropes by being a sentry on a rooftop, providing intel to Batman. Or providing a distraction so Batman can flee unnoticed. I don't see how no one seems to understand that. Shows like Person of Interest or Burn Notice has a blueprint for tactical teamwork.

I don't think Reeves will shy away from the Joker, Riddler, Penguin tandem for the sequel.

I actually do not have a big problem with Robin. The suit can always be redesigned to something more modern.

The real Robin story has never been seriously attempted and could be very good.

Robin , initially a student of Batman, begins to be become disillusioned with him mistaking his mentorship as a father figure role. When Batman treat all his sidekicks like employees, rathar then family, Robin amd Batmn begin fighting, and this leads to a schism where Robin becomes Nightwing and they actually have territories that do not overlap.

The reconcilation story between the would be Father and son story could be very giod if given time and done well.

As much as I love Batman (he's my favourite comic book character), I have never really liked the idea of Robin. I hope they keep Robin out of the Reeves/Pattinson movies.
Damn really? I understand but he can be done good. Robin isn’t really the 60s cheesy camp weirdo a lot of people think he is. Teen titans and young Justice proved he is just as good as Batman . People need to give him a chance .

Can you imagine him delivering some of those puns by Arnold, lol?
EdAcF8m.gif

Very good ideas, despite stealing from The Last of Us... but still, the most interesting aspect of a "Poison Ivy" character is in the casting of a sexy spooky girl like Anya Taylor Joy.
I'm not familiar with The Last of Us at all, but I'm sure someone jumped on the Ophiocordyceps train as soon as it was featured on a nature show, if that's what you're talking about ...

Back