The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you want her to have green skin? So she looks like a plant?

If her skin had a horrible reaction to plant poison and she now sees herself as hideous and obsessed with poisons and wants to wreak havoc, then she's just Dr Poison. Who needs the plants at all? The poison is more interesting anyway. I think the creators just came up with the catchy name and got stuck with the "ivy" angle.

Bane is another troublesome one. Biologically, you can't just "turn on the juice" and become this hulking monster -- that's magic. But he could easily be a freak on steroids and just be this ridiculously massive Chad that... wants to break Batman's back. But just a big steroid Freak... is that really that scary? He just chases you and growls? Or is he also a mastermind? I'm very confused by Bane as a character but I only know him from movie incarnations, which doesn't help me like him.
Idk that’s just me tbh. I like green skin ivy. And as for bane I’ll take the venom or leave it as long as he’s huge and scary.

Just more serial killers?

I don't know, after Riddler I kind of want to see something a bit more... colorful. Larger than life. Over-played or not, I'm ready for a new Joker again. And I definitely want a good Mr. Freeze to get the Arnold out of my mouth. Almost anything would be an improvement... even just an old scientist with a cold.
Reeves likes his Batman 66. This both will happen at some point in the Reevesverse:

LittleKeyEgg-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nu9klhtYfh1qkkbd4o1_250.gifv

I wanna see Red Hood
So do I but you do that you need robin and then you have to have to establish Jason Todd and his death. WB is way to stupid to go down that route. I’d like to see Robin in movie two. WB is so afraid of Robin.

11. The Ventriloquist (stupid but possible)
I agree with your entire post but the bit above made me lol. :lol

It was fun to see Reeves parallel Batman Returns by keeping Catwoman and Penguin together and with Falcone sort of filling in for Shreck (who Batman tried to prevent Selina from shooting in both versions.)

So in a similar vein I think it would also be fun to see Reeves' take on pairing Poison Ivy with Freeze again.

As much as I hate Carrey's Riddler and TLJ Two-Face... Arnold's Freeze has to be the worst of the 90's Bat-villains. His suit is as clunky as his dialogue.

I would say Bane is, but he's so bad that I don't even count him. Plus, he's not cast so no count.

I like my Batman dark with sprinkles in fantasy elements. I don’t see why you can’t have a realistic approach with Batman’s more monstrous rogue gallery put in. The animated series struck the right balance . I’d argue the dark knight did a good job doing this. Two face was literally a half zombie half man . I’m completely fine with putting in these aspects. WB is just so afraid of doing it. They are so afraid of robin and freeze and ivy and so many others .

As much as I love Batman (he's my favourite comic book character), I have never really liked the idea of Robin. I hope they keep Robin out of the Reeves/Pattinson movies.

Ivy is not so difficult. A pale, beautiful redhead femme fatale who's a gifted and driven scientist with specialties in genetics, botany and mycology. She could use modified fungal spores of the Ophiocordyceps fungus to control her victims; a genetically modified organism like that capable of getting into the 'wilds' of Gotham (later the world) and replicating would be *extremely* dangerous.

If you wanted to get a little more surreal or campy, a side effect of her immunity to said organism could turn her skin green if she had to make herself into a chimeric plant/human hybrid. Could also introduce a weakness wherein she needed full spectrum light for photosynthesis, burned in direct sunlight etc. etc.

You read it here first. Waiting for my royalty cheques, Warner Bros.

Miller was actually really clever in making Robin a girl, it's the only way the character and the outfit make sense (to me at least). For some reason the father-figure dynamic worked very well with Carrie for me.
Maybe it's that the character hasn't been well written in movies yet. But it's just hard to have a teen-age boy as sidekick when you have Burt Ward's image burned into your subconscious. I guess the same could have been said of Adam West's Batman, but somehow it's not the same. Batman was always "dark" and "serious", while Robin only appeared introducing Batman's more camp personification, so his origin, as it were, is camp.

Ivy is not so difficult. A pale, beautiful redhead femme fatale who's a gifted and driven scientist with specialties in genetics, botany and mycology. She could use modified fungal spores of the Ophiocordyceps fungus to control her victims; a genetically modified organism like that capable of getting into the 'wilds' of Gotham (later the world) and replicating would be *extremely* dangerous.

If you wanted to get a little more surreal or campy, a side effect of her immunity to said organism could turn her skin green if she had to make herself into a chimeric plant/human hybrid. Could also introduce a weakness wherein she needed full spectrum light for photosynthesis, burned in direct sunlight etc. etc.

You read it here first. Waiting for my royalty cheques, Warner Bros.

Very good ideas, despite stealing from The Last of Us... but still, the most interesting aspect of a "Poison Ivy" character is in the casting of a sexy spooky girl like Anya Taylor Joy.

Back