The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that TB has been out 31 days here's how it stacks up to the domestic tally of these other DC/Nolan films in their first 31 days:

• The Dark Knight - $471,082,150
  • The Dark Knight Rises - $409,787,260
  • The Batman - $349,000,421
  • Wonder Woman - $346,235,486
  • Batman v Superman - $319,483,636
  • Aquaman - $304,182,915
  • Joker - $299,187,108
  • Suicide Squad - $297,327,572
  • Man of Steel - $280,888,962
  • Justice League - $219,595,572
  • Batman Begins - $178,850,893
Apparently it really helps to have "The" in the title, lol.
With the exception being The Suicide Squad. :monkey1

That was the metric applied to BvS at least. Fair’s fair.
I mean that movie should have been a billion. No excuse. The first crossover Batman v superman film should have hit that mark easily. The movie was utter trash tho. A reboot Batman film with a new premise and 3 hrs I didn’t see hitting that mark. Lots of people today don’t like slow burn movies.

I mean that movie should have been a billion. No excuse. The first crossover Batman v superman film should have hit that mark easily. The movie was utter trash tho. A reboot Batman film with a new premise and 3 hrs I didn’t see hitting that mark. Lots of people today don’t like slow burn movies.
The first time in history that the Trinity appeared in a movie together vs. the 8th standalone Batman film?

Just sayin’ box office is used as a measure of success when it suits the narrative.

Saw it for the second time today, normal theatre this time as opposed to IMAX. The batmobile entrance doesn't have the same bat outta hell presence it did in IMAX, but I'm happy that I still enjoyed it immensely upon second viewing, and caught a few subtle dialogue bits I missed the first time. Great flick.

Just sayin’ box office is used as a measure of success when it suits the narrative.
What narrative?

The apples to apples comparison for BvS are obviously the Avengers films. There have been four of them and every single one of them made over a billion, with IW and EG making over 2 billion. Are you saying that it wasn't fair to assume that the first ever team-up between three of the most iconic superheroes in history would draw similar crowds to any of the four (or five if you count Civil War) Avengers flicks?

I'm guessing that you're annoyed that a movie you like (BvS) was criticized for not making a billion while it isn't being held against a movie that you find inferior (TB.) But who cares? Batman Begins is dead last in earnings on that list I posted above and up until The Batman came out it was my favorite of them all. Then you've got BP and CM each passing a billion with neither of them being that special IMO. Honestly I'm glad TB isn't going to hit a billion because that seems to instantly put a film in "backlash" territory, lol.

Last edited:
Yea but bvs it still should have hit that mark more so then the Batman. The movie had immense hype more hype then the Batman . The Batman is a new reboot it didn’t need to hit a billion. Bvs was expected to hit a billion. Sad how it couldn’t reach civil war numbers when they used some of the most iconic heroes ever. And people want the guy who couldn’t pull it off back 😂

Last edited:
What narrative?

The apples to apples comparison for BvS are obviously the Avengers films. There have been four of them and every single one of them made over a billion, with IW and EG making over 2 billion. Are you saying that it wasn't fair to assume that the first ever team-up between three of the most iconic superheroes in history would draw similar crowds to any of the four (or five if you count Civil War) Avengers flicks?

I'm guessing that you're annoyed that a movie you like (BvS) was criticized for not making a billion while it isn't being held against a movie that you find inferior (TB.) But who cares? Batman Begins is dead last in earnings on that list I posted above and up until The Batman came out it was my favorite of them all. Then you've got BP and CM each passing a billion with neither of them being that special IMO. Honestly I'm glad TB isn't going to hit a billion because that seems to instantly put a film in "backlash" territory, lol.
Hmm, yes and no.
Yes because it is a Superhero Team-Up movie.
No because the first Avengers movie came after a set up of five highly successful movies, whereas BvS came after only one successful movie. So, it's not quite apples to apples. More like apples to pears.

I don't care either way. I find the whole Box Office thing mildly annoying. Of course it's great to see a movie you like do well, but the obsession with IPs and franchises is tiring. Not everything has to have a sequel, not everything has to be a cinematic "universe". While I truly enjoy the PT, I had absolutely no need for the ST (and don't like it at all), and furthermore, there's a lot of people who would have been quite content with just the OT. Bringing it back to BvS and the Snyder-verse, I'm actually content with the MoS-BvS-ZSJL trilogy. Sure, it would've been nice to see Cavill's Superman and Affleck's Batman complete their arcs (although I do think that Affleck got closer to closing Wayne's/Batman's), and it would be great to see the Justice League in its full glory meeting up in Wayne Manor, but if it doesn't happen, I'm fine with it.
As for Pattinson's Batman, of course there's room for more stories to be told, and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I always thought it weird how now some people want the arc of cavil Superman to continue but back then people hated it severely. I honestly wonder where these Snyder fans sprouted from. Same goes for bvs. Fans hated that film when it came out.

Given enough time, even movies like Xanadu shine brighter.

Also, we're in a 1/6th scale action figure forum that has become primarily driven by comics (Marvel and DC) and Star Wars... so of course you're going to get ALL the pro-Snyder people here who want their Cavill dollie -- where else do they have to go?

The average person out there, of which there are millions more, does not care for nor discuss nor re-watch the Snyder cartoons. It is a small, very loud, super-minority who infests sites like this and reddit.

Last edited:
I freaking LOVED Xanadu as a kid. I had no idea what was going on, but the special effects wowed me back then.

What is Xanadu? Was Olivia Newton John in that? Or was that just a song?

EDIT: Never mind I looked it up. Sheesh.
I thought Xanadu was that movie where Sean Connery is running around in that weird red thong type costume with the big boots and Otomofan was all yeah that was my movie back in the day, lol.

Zardoz!

No one has ever wanted this doll?

MV5BMjA5OTQ5NTY0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjUzNTU3MTE@._V1_.jpg

If anyone ever asks why Star Wars was so big in 1977, show them this.

Back