The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems Matt Reeves is creating a Batmanverse that will have all the popular villains in it and we might see them interacting with each other, which is something that we haven't seen before. That's one thing I always liked about the Dick Tracy film, all the villains lived in that city. Most were misused or wasted, like Flat Top, but still.

The Nolan films kind of got close, but not really, because it never felt like the villains were living in Gotham at the same time. The closes thing was TDK, but Scarecrow just had a cameo and Two Face wasn't around long.

Matt Reeves seems to be building something with a possible climatic ending involving a lot of villains in the future. My guess, we'll see Harvey Dent and Jeremiah Arkham in the next film.

It seems Matt Reeves is creating a Batmanverse that will have all the popular villains in it and we might see them interacting with each other, which is something that we haven't seen before.

The Nolan films kind of got close, but not really, because it never felt like the villains were living in Gotham at the same time. The closes thing was TDK, but Scarecrow just had a cameo and Two Face wasn't around long.

Matt Reeves seems to be building something with a possible climatic ending involving a lot of villains in the future. My guess, we'll see Harvey Dent and Jeremiah Arkham in the next film.
I already see what is happening. Reeves might have left that out of the WB mandate, but it is pretty obvious they wanted him to dole out some streaming material. Penguin in a mob series. GCPD series on corruption. Arkham Asylum series on other villains. Not sure if Battinson will be in any of them. We will definitely see the whole Rogue's Gallery throughout Reeves' run that's for sure.

I memba when people were worried about Ledger's baby-talk voice.

What baby talk voice? Ledger changed his voice so drastically that he was unrecognizable. I was blown away when I heard his voice in the teaser.

People questioned Ledger when he was cast, but not once they saw him.

I was like, "holy ****" that's Ledger? You could hear the crazy in his voice and delivery.

What baby talk voice? Ledger changed his voice so drastically that he was unrecognizable. I was blown away when I heard his voice in the teaser.

I was like, "holy ****" that's Ledger? You could hear the crazy in his voice and delivery.

I love TDK because of his performance. It's still the best performance in a Superhero movie I've ever seen and I honestly don't know what I would think of TDK if someone played the role differently... I am looking forward to seeing this version of Batman but likely waiting til it hits HBOMax

I remember all that disdain people had for Ledger. I have this mindset of giving it a chance before saying it sucks and when I heard that laugh from the teaser, I felt positive he nailed it. Then that 10 minute preview of the beginning of the movie got released, that cemented it for me that Ledger definitely had it down as the Joker.

Let’s all take the time out to travel back in 2009. If someone from the future were to tell any of us the guy from twilight will be a future Batman and everyone pretty much loves the film we’d all be pretty confused. Now we are preordering an r pats Batman doll and buying merch like the little girls dude back in 2007. Ah the times.

Can't believe we are getting ANOTHER Joker. You got so many other villains to play with. Question is, will the extremely grounded take be a disservice to their characters? We'll see, but at least this new Batman is on solid ground. Batfleck was a train wreck with most of the audience from the beginning. Bale ended on a bad note.

I mean, I specifically saw people on this site saying "he's not gonna use that silly voice through the whole movie is he?" aside from irl people. :dunno

I was never a Ledger stan though I think he's good so I don't have a horse in this race.

I will only accept a Freeze if he has light-up red goggles and a cold suit. He can run some storage facility for involuntary test subjects to cure his wife with.

Yes this. A 2nd or 3rd viewing will be necessary to fully digest this movie. I am still an 8.5/10 but this could go up and down depending on my mood when I watch this again.
Could you honestly sit through the whole thing 3 times? That is asking a lot.

@Wor-Gar I can't see the reply there. It's just blank. I'm assuming you posted a hella kewl gif of Kang Da Man.

I'm watching the film tomorrow, so I'm avoiding spoilers.

Still, I saw a scene on Youtube that might be an after-credit scene or something. Regardless, it's a cameo that's not much of a secret anymore.

Anyways, that was cringy. I'm kind of worried about this character showing up in the sequel if it's played by the same person. Yikes.

I'm curious to see what this character might look like in full costume tho, but that voice...I don't know. The person sounded like a little kid.
He's going to be useful in the sequel.

tumblr_oxdyxgxIQY1sfqmqho1_r1_500.gifv

You've head of the Joker drinking ocean water, but have you heard of the Joker eating spaghetti?!

jv2kfjjmchm21.jpg

The-Killing-of-a-Sacred-Deer-Drinking-Game.gif

Oh f*** and he's short too, so Pattison is going to tower over him, Riddler too. Probably Catwoman too. :LOL: 😭
Pattinson is heightfrauding anyhow. Dano heightmogs him and they're listed as the same height.

the_batman_2.jpeg

Jeffrey Wright is entering RDJ territory with those lifts.

I had a feeling Joker would make an appearance, so its not that much of a surprise. I'm actually glad I saw it this way first so my expectations can be lowered for Baby Joker.
But will he top the OG Jokah Baybee?

dunkey-im-the-joker-baby.gif

It seems Matt Reeves is creating a Batmanverse that will have all the popular villains in it and we might see them interacting with each other, which is something that we haven't seen before. That's one thing I always liked about the Dick Tracy film, all the villains lived in that city. Most were misused or wasted, like Flat Top, but still.

They'll do the Court, that's a sure thing. They've talked about it in pretty much every interview, and they're the breakout Nu52 villains. Question is, where do they go from there, or who do they tie into it. I'd love to see them try Hugo Strange. A Monster Men film with a quasi-horror tone could be great. I hope Riddler comes back with a better costume. I want Classic Dano on my shelf.

I already see what is happening. Reeves might have left that out of the WB mandate, but it is pretty obvious they wanted him to dole out some streaming material. Penguin in a mob series. GCPD series on corruption. Arkham Asylum series on other villains. Not sure if Battinson will be in any of them. We will definitely see the whole Rogue's Gallery throughout Reeves' run that's for sure.
c07ba0cc242b4e1690f67545846fed51cb71e1fb.gifv

I'm ready to accept a new Joker.

Will he deviate as much as Riddler has from his comic visage?
I'm expecting something like the early TDK concept art leaks:

6c66cf1d72957df095820bd6587d3476.jpg

a3E6BX8_460s.jpg

IIRC they used Trent Reznor as a reference. NIN blasting in a licensed Batflick would be pretty cool, ngl.

I used to find Goths... less cringy. Whatever, I still like Legacy Of Kain and Elric.

EWZ3JzTX0AM-kBZ.jpg

That was so cash back in the day. Vidya still hasn't topped it.

Can't believe we are getting ANOTHER Joker. You got so many other villains to play with. Question is, will the extremely grounded take be a disservice to their characters? We'll see, but at least this new Batman is on solid ground. Batfleck was a train wreck with most of the audience from the beginning. Bale ended on a bad note.
Get ready for Axe Murderer Jokah.

de0eb11b38c3aa570c036a2d2bcaa79f.jpg

Let’s all take the time out to travel back in 2009. If someone from the future were to tell any of us the guy from twilight will be a future Batman and everyone pretty much loves the film we’d all be pretty confused. Now we are preordering an r pats Batman doll and buying merch like the little girls dude back in 2007. Ah the times.
I've been an RPatt Stan since the Noughties. Jacob was trash and I was always Team Edward.

keep-calm-be-team-edward-forever.png

VGH, THE SOVL!

Best-Decade-Best-Noughties-Best-British-Stars-Decade-Best-British-Stars-Noughties.jpg

The potential here is huge. I hope Reeves can pull it off over a trilogy.

Back