The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This movie sucks ass don’t watch it - my mom.

well guess the parties over guys. Thought this movie really was going to change the game to.

Another one

50FFD4A3-5664-4D04-98CE-8EF2F6484D1A.jpeg

Wasn’t the biggest complaint against the Snyderverse that it was too brooding and serious?

Or is Snyderverse a childish version of brooding and serious while The Joker and The Batman are the mature version of brooding and serious.

Wasn’t the biggest complaint against the Snyderverse that it was too brooding and serious?

Or is Snyderverse a childish version of brooding and serious while The Joker and The Batman are the mature version of brooding and serious.
BVS Theatrical Runtime - 2h 31m
BVS Ultimate Runtime - 3h 2m
WB 2016: "We need to cut down the runtime for more money."

The Batman runtime - 2h 56m

300px-%D0%A0%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9_%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%BA_%D0%AF%D0%BD%D0%B3_%D1%88%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%BD.jpg

I want 0 comedy in this movie.

I want 0 bs over the top action sequences

I want 0 bs homages easter egg add ins

I want 0 after credit bs teasers...

I want dark stark realism, good character sketches...

And

Moar black eyeliner!
I mean, it's still Batman. There's 0 reality in any capecomic. Guy would've left DNA all over, weathered his knees a year in, and gotten his head bashed in after his first serious fight with 10 guys ganging up on him. I get the point, but I think "grounded" is a better word to use.

-

Anyway, I've read some leaks, reviews and whatnot; it sounds like a good flick, but it's got few surprises. I like that it's dark, as I've never been a fan of the Adam West/Brave And The Bold type. Post-TDKR, O'Neil's stuff, that's where I am Bat-Wise. So no complaints on the tone front. Beyond that, it's very Telltale-influenced if you've played them, but also a lot more straightforward. No real twists and turns, not a lot of comic book-y flavour with easter eggs pointing to a larger world. Some namedrops, but that's it. It really is Nolan 2.0 but more stylised. Which means they'll really be doing Iceman Killer Freeze next, and Eyes Wide Shut rip-off Court Of Owls after that. Oh, and "I'll Be Useful Sir"-Joker somewhere in there. Plus the namedropped guy I mentioned before. They'll still be competently made movies, great ones even, but this isn't the Gothic Sci-Fi Batman some may have been waiting for. Better luck in the next trilogy in 2033... In any case, I'm too cramped to go to the theatres, but I'm looking forward to it hitting streaming.

Caught an early screening. Lots of similar plot threads to the Dark Knight Trilogy and even Joker. Probably will be second only to TDK for most fans. (For me it's third after Battfleck and Bale).

Pattinson is a bit like Keaton in that he lacks the physicality.

Caught an early screening. Lots of similar plot threads to the Dark Knight Trilogy and even Joker. Probably will be second only to TDK for most fans. (For me it's third after Battfleck and Bale).

Pattinson is a bit like Keaton in that he lacks the physicality.
1646141428463.gif

Back