The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ben Affleck Batman film

Yeah, I don't think they've ever successfully captured the whole 'world's greatest detective' angle in any of the films before. Would love to see a story revolving around Batman using his brain instead of his fists/tank-car-thing/giant bike with guns to get from one end of the story to the other.

I think Riddler's the ideal candidate for a more slow-paced, cerebral Batman movie.

A mystery that starts with a murder could be interesting, with The Riddler pulling the strings, and maybe even framing other villains, so no need for silly riddles, the crimes themselves or the things that happen are the clues and it all leads to the Riddler, if Batman is smart enough to figure it out. I was thinking Rorschach in the Watchmen film and how he's just trying to figure out what's really going on, but without all the saving the world elements and teaming up with other heroes. Just Batman trying to save people and trying to figure out what's going on and who is behind it all. I still want the Penguin as informant and for other smaller villains to show up.

A thriller with the Riddler would be great. I'd love to see someone tackle a story with the Mad Hatter or Hugo Strange too.

Just a thought on the timeline, the greying hair in the BvS trailer really threw me as I didn't expect to see a Batman in his mid to late 40's ever on screen. Could this be to age Affleck in BvS and then have his own Batman film set 15 years earlier?

Just a thought on the timeline, the greying hair in the BvS trailer really threw me as I didn't expect to see a Batman in his mid to late 40's ever on screen. Could this be to age Affleck in BvS and then have his own Batman film set 15 years earlier?

Possible. It also helps for flashbacks because it's easier to 'age' an actor than it is to make them look young. At some point they're going to show what happened to Robin and how his suit ended up with graffiti from The Joker. That might be the first film stand alone film. Which like you said, would be a prequel.

A thriller with the Riddler would be great. I'd love to see someone tackle a story with the Mad Hatter or Hugo Strange too.

YES PLEASE, the last time I saw anything about the Mad Hatter was in the Arkham games... he gets no love :(

Yeah, I don't think they've ever successfully captured the whole 'world's greatest detective' angle in any of the films before. Would love to see a story revolving around Batman using his brain instead of his fists/tank-car-thing/giant bike with guns to get from one end of the story to the other.

I think Riddler's the ideal candidate for a more slow-paced, cerebral Batman movie.

:goodpost:

I would love to see Hugo Strange as the bad guy, with supporting roles from Riddler, Freeze, Penguin and/or Ivy.

I wouldn't mind seeing a live action Red Hood film either.

Jason Todd sucked ass back there and still, but he'd fit perfectly into Snyderverse.

I think Clayface would rock on the big screen.

Clayface would be great too. As long as he wasn't some three story pile of **** like the video game version, they could do an interesting film with him. I'd love to see a comic book film that has a shapeshifter/master of disguise like Clayface or the Chameleon for Spider-Man.

Report: Affleck to star in 3 stand-alone Batman movies

A private screening of Batman V Superman was reportedly such a success, Warner is now planning three Batman films starring Ben Affleck...

Warner Bros clearly has big plans for its growing DC movie universe, with next year's Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice and Suicide Squad to be followed by Justice League, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman. There's also the small matter of Ben Affleck's stand-alone Batman film, which he'll write and direct.

We've now heard, however, that Affleck's role in the DC movies is about to get even bigger.

According to an industry source who will remain anonymous, a cut of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice was screened for the film's crew and Warner bosses within the past 24 hours or so. "It's a near finished cut but not locked," our source tells us.

That screening was, we're told, a glowing success - to the point where Zack Snyder's movie received a "standing ovation."

Warner is said to be so impressed with Affleck's performance as Batman that it's apparently in the process of making an extended, "Golden deal", which could see the actor play the Caped Crusader in a trilogy of stand-alone movies, not the single outing already announced.

All told, this deal could see Affleck in the role of Batman for the next 10 years or so.

"Basically, Warners are now working their movie universe around Ben's Batman," our source says.

As far as Warner's bosses are concerned, Affleck is considered to be the "definitive Batman" and could be the hub around which the DC movie universe will rotate in future movies.

Of course, this is all unconfirmed at this point, but if there's truth to the story, it's likely that an official confirmation will emerge fairly soon. We'll keep you posted as and when we hear more.

I don't buy any of it...

I want to see your Clayfaces and Killer Crocs (yay!) and Mr. Freezes as much as the next guy, but, if we're talking an Affleck Batman movie, I'd love something akin to Gone, Baby, Gone, with Batfleck tracking the Mad Hatter and trying to find some missing girls. Just a purely cerebral detective story.

Yeah I just read that, I was gonna post the article on the BvS thread but since it was a standing ovation from the studio execs I don't know how much that weighs, but it got 2 Affleck movies pushed back, people say it's cause they're focusing on the Batman movie.

"Basically, Warners are now working their movie universe around Ben's Batman," our source says.

Affleck's Batman is so good that they're going to wrap him up for 10 years AND move the entire DCCU around this character? :lol

I hope it isn't true or it really shows just how fumbly WB is treating this whole thing.

"Let's set up a shared universe where we introduce people on the same page and have everyone spotlighted"

"No wait, Ben's really good. Let's just circle everything around him."

Affleck and Johns, what a no brainer. Kind of wish this would precede the next Snyder flick.

especially that part :lol

Me too.

Affleck's Batman is so good that they're going to wrap him up for 10 years AND move the entire DCCU around this character? :lol

I hope it isn't true or it really shows just how fumbly WB is treating this whole thing.

"Let's set up a shared universe where we introduce people on the same page and have everyone spotlighted"

"No wait, Ben's really good. Let's just circle everything around him."

This whole thing reeks of ineptitude IMO.

I'm sick of everything revolving around Batman. We just had the Dark Knight trilogy, we don't need the whole DC universe revolving around him as well. Build up the other members of the Justice League that we haven't seen on the big screen and put some focus on Superman.

The thing that annoys me about Affleck's casting is that he's the most famous of them all and for that they are going to focus on him more than any of the others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with that. The MCU revolves around Tony Stark/Iron Man, and he's the face of the MCU, so it's not a bad idea for the DCCU to revolve around the original Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne. Plus he's a human among gods, so having him be the leader is a good way of using him.

Iron Man was new to the big screen though. Batman has had his day in the sun and it's time to focus on other heroes from DC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back