The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, he could be more Ninja. With slimmer, simpler armor -- more like Bale's look when training with Ra's. It's the full body armor that looks terrible. Clunky and mechanical.

To me, Batman is more Ninja then armored Knight. People took The Dark Knight too literal.

oh I get you.
the closest thing to that is Ben Affleck's daredevil or the netflix daredevil black suit.
funny, Affleck's daredevil is basically what you want. it still protected him but it was sleek.

Well, again you're giving me choices of things done... while I'm asking for a full redesign.

Let your mind go... do not google your imagination away with other people's limited ideas. Even from the best of the best, there's very little that is actually good and lasting.

Well, again you're giving me choices of things done... while I'm asking for a full redesign.

Let your mind go... do not google your imagination away with other people's limited ideas. Even from the best of the best, there's very little that is actually good and lasting.

I was looking at the ninja suit, but it wouldn't even look great now

JMm4RMR.jpg

What Batman symbolizes has always been what people truly cling to. But you have to admit, despite some pretty pictures in comic books, the outfit is ridiculously dated. And making it techy just makes it worse. It's the whole idea of dressing up like a Bat that's dated. It just is. Sorry. The darkness, the shadowy vigilante, someone to be feared, all that's great -- but its time to let go the literal Bat costume. At least in the literal live action movies. Use the Bat symbol as just that -- a symbol -- lose the cape, the ears, the neck if you like, and reinvent the character's look based on current reality -- like what Nolan did with the Joker (certainly not his Bat man).

I can hear many a fanboy screaming right now, clinging to their pillow, cursing my name...

Maybe he can wear a black sock over his head. You know what, make it a used white sock with stripes. :LOL:

What Batman symbolizes has always been what people truly cling to. But you have to admit, despite some pretty pictures in comic books, the outfit is ridiculously dated. And making it techy just makes it worse. It's the whole idea of dressing up like a Bat that's dated. It just is. Sorry. The darkness, the shadowy vigilante, someone to be feared, all that's great -- but its time to let go the literal Bat costume. At least in the literal live action movies. Use the Bat symbol as just that -- a symbol -- lose the cape, the ears, the neck if you like, and reinvent the character's look based on current reality -- like what Nolan did with the Joker (certainly not his Bat man).

I can hear many a fanboy screaming right now, clinging to their pillow, cursing my name...
Time for nanotech:

nanotech-nano.gif

ok. batman HAS to protect against guns. so the closest to your idea is ironically Black Noir. that's the best it can be. Batman going after guns and knives, he HAD to have Kevlar or something

9lkKLvP.png

HduZ3GK.jpg

You really went down a rabbit hole of awfulness. 👏🙌

and now the Pattison suit doesn't seem so bad

:lol Guys arguing about the logic/usefulness of the neck... but are fine with a cape.

Speaking for myself, I'm not arguing about the logic or usefulness of anything. I'm talking about my preference for the aesthetic only - within this fictional world in which these things, no matter how impractical they would be in reality, are just accepted to work as needed.

But I understand that the more real the world you try to place Batman in, the sillier every aspect of his costume becomes - I'm just not going there. I'm suspending disbelief on that, as most of us are.

I find it hilarious how anyone can laugh at the suit. Like bales suit was any better. Looks like he was wearing a puzzle on his suit. Ugly. Affleck looked fine in bvs but his suit was meh to. Bulky Batman with short ears. Hate the look and hate the comic it was inspired by. Very overrated.

I'm also not a fan of Bale's suit aesthetically - the TDK/TDKR one that is.

Last edited:
Back