The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely depends entirely on the director and what they want to show? Well, of course with studio interference.

Very little depends on the director unless he has a huge name when it comes to advertising.

But Batman is uber-familiar. No story is going to blow people out of the water. At this point, its all about the style and "things" -- the suit, the car, the villains look, the gadgets, etc.

Batman '89 was a crap movie, but in the raced out teaser trailer, we got to see the suit, the Joker, Gotham City and the Batmobile -- all of which captured our imagination.

This movie hasn't managed that. At this point, we're all hoping its a good story, because nothing design-wise is really grabbing our imagination. But if they are actually considering re-shoots then how good can the story be? It's not working.

So if there's no ground-breaking designs that grab people and the story isn't good, then what have you got left?

You guys realize that this movie comes out in March 2022. You know what also releases? Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness. We have seen none of that. Too much time in between hype train and release is plenty of speculation and rumor mills to go nuts with. I am surprised they even released a trailer last year when they did. We haven't even gotten anything from Spiderman: No Way Home which actually comes out at the end of the year.

But Batman has released tons of stuff -- your sig included. Trailers, photos, designs, etc. Not sure what the distance to movie release has to do with what we've seen so far and what is being said of the film so far.

Besides wasn't this movie supposed to have been released already, just covid got in the way?

Well, if it was my movie I would like to get as much distance on covid as possible and maximize theatrical... so in that sense I can see waiting.

If they are considering re-shoots then the long lead-time also helps. Not sure if that was a consideration when they picked the release date.

He’s got a point. Spider-Man comes out in December and we just got a look at those crappy new suits. There has been no casting , no plot details , and no trailer. Meanwhile batman has released more info and a teaser on the film. So I don’t think it has anything to do with it being crap or Pattinson being a douch.
Tbh I think those rumors were started by silly batfans or Snyder tards who can’t let twilight go or want there silly little affleck movie.
I think the film will be just fine. Plus dc fandom is in October

Marvel has their formula release pattern.

Batman was supposed to be out earlier, hence a lot more material was released in anticipation of the earlier release schedule... before push-back. It indicates nothing either way.

Marvel has their formula release pattern.

Batman was supposed to be out earlier, hence a lot more material was released in anticipation of the earlier release schedule... before push-back. It indicates nothing either way.
No, you're just wrong Wor.

🤭

Nothing is going to beat the marketing campaign of The Dork Knight. Ironically, this film has the perfect villain for a new creative marketing promotion . Social media is the perfect place for clues and puzzles to slowly debut trailers, character designs (Riddler), or secret teasers by having fans interreact with the Riddler's clues. They still have time to do something creative.

TDK interactive campaign lasted over a year, with items that had to be found all over the country, planes sky writing clues and phone numbers, birthday cakes, secret websites, emails, news papers, a full Harvey Dent campaign all over the country, and the list goes on. I still remember when the Joke's face was "unlocked" by fans, and it was the first look at the character before all the websites picked up the image.

Meanwhile in 2021, this Riddler fellow got his photo leaked from an upcoming 2022 calendar. :lol

For those that don't remember TDK marketing campaign, here you go.

https://cargocollective.com/GaryRos...as-the-best-viral-movie-marketing-campaign-in

Last edited:
Back