The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

Am I the only one who wants to see mr freeze again. Done right he could be a great villain. Also I’d love to see a good incarnation of cat woman this time. Not whatever we got in tdkr

Maybe they’ll learn from marvel and... pftttt haha I’m sorry I couldn’t finish that sentence without laughing

Am I the only one who wants to see mr freeze again. Done right he could be a great villain. Also I’d love to see a good incarnation of cat woman this time. Not whatever we got in tdkr

Yeah mister freeze could be awesome if done right.

You can't keep recasting the main characters, you lose the very connectivity the shared universe is supposed to have.

I don't really think that's an issue. I mean, it's not like this is the first time we've had Batman be recast. If audiences were willing to accept a new actor as Batman after Keaton (who, personal opinions aside, had Batman 1989, a movie that was far better received than either of Batfleck's two movies), they'll handle this no problem.

I wondering if this is kind of floating in limbo as part of the DC Cinematic Universe. I know the original idea was that it was essentially a younger Batffleck but I’m wondering if WB and/or Reeves want to keep it separate like the Joker movie supposedly is.

I wondering if this is kind of floating in limbo as part of the DC Cinematic Universe. I know the original idea was that it was essentially a younger Batffleck but I’m wondering if WB and/or Reeves want to keep it separate like the Joker movie supposedly is.

Oh I'm sure it will be self-contained. WB is staying away from the shared universe stuff since they dropped the ball in that area. Batman is better grounded anyway than fighting aliens. We have Justice League Unlimited for that.

I don't want a bulky Batman. Give me lean, athletic, prime Batman, with classic costume with yellow emblem and dark blue cowl. It won't happen...because he's got to look "dark"... :(

yup that’s the Batman we need right now but like you said it won’t happen.

Then again AM made 1B so who knows we might still just get that Batman.

Last edited:

From that article

Why on earth would they gender-flip the Penguin or any other antagonist? Why is that a question at all let alone 'the real question'?

Ugh...yeah, gender flipping the Penguin sounds completely stupid. Why was the author of the article even musing about this? If Catwoman is really actually one of the main antagonists in this too, what would be the point at all of gender flipping the Penguin? If Penguin is really going to be the villain again, why don’t they try doing his comic book origin for once. It’s a good origin.

yup that’s the Batman we need right now but like you said it won’t happen.

Then again AM made 1B so who knows we might still just get that Batman.

The Shazam producer had mentioned that in the aftermath of the whole BVS/JL debacle, the studio had realized certain tones fit for certain characters and are not universal. IE a dark and gritty tone works great for Batman but not necessarily someone like Aquaman or Shazam. It sounds like they do intend to continue with a darker Batman, which I'm fine with.

But still, seeing the classic costume in some capacity would be neat someday.

The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

Batman is better grounded anyway than fighting aliens.

One of the many reasons I loved BvS is that it allowed for him having fought petty crime for two decades.

Once he was redeemed by the Martha Moment he was no longer driven to do that and was free to head up the JL.

So the Reeves flick could fit easily into the existing continuity while still not being too closely associated with the Snyderverse.

BvS Batman was the most impressive looking intimidating beast of a Batman ever put to screen he will never look that monstrous ever again.

BvS Affleck was the best visual representation of BW as well.

All gone!

Finally some sense from you......:lol

Maybe this Batman will be more of a detective? So DC is definitely done shared universe? No trying again on the JL franchise? I mean all they have to do is wait and flesh out the damn characters more instead of rushing into things that take time . Cough death of Superman.

They have no clear vision . If you make an origin joker movie, then connect it with this Batman it’s be very interesting to me cause you kinda see how the connection started

So DC is definitely done shared universe? No trying again on the JL franchise?

I recall an exec saying WW or AM (can't recall which) wasn't necessarily part of the same continuity, which seemed a bit of a stretch. Maybe he just meant they wouldn't try so hard to make it all fit together (eg having to explain why Superman or WW didn't show up during AM).

I liked JL and am still hopeful for a JL2... eventually.

So did Pattinson ever turn into a bat in the Twilight films? Just wondering if (for authenticity) WB/DC were only considering former vampires when casting . :lol If so they should have gone with Matt Berry (aka Laszlo Cravenworth) from What We Do In The Shadows.

laszlo cravensworth.jpg

:chase

I recall an exec saying WW or AM (can't recall which) wasn't necessarily part of the same continuity, which seemed a bit of a stretch. Maybe he just meant they wouldn't try so hard to make it all fit together (eg having to explain why Superman or WW didn't show up during AM).

Well it's odd to not have two characters who have ALREADY shown up together suddenly NOT be part of the same universe. I think your explanation makes sense.

And if DC is still going for a shared universe (Birds-of-Prey is filming, they have WW84 basically done, a rumored Aquaman sequel, and whatever limbo Flashpoint is in) it doesn't make sense to then RE-INTRODUCE a new Batman and have him be separate. Unless they're hoping they do these "young" Batman movies and can attract Affleck back for a JL2 or will just put Pattinson in there and act like it's the "same Batman" all-along.

I don't know much about Pattinson's acting ability, the few times I caught Twilight flicking through channels it was the same exact scene, I didn't stay to see more.
I'm okay with the casting choice, he at least looks the part and is about the right age so this could be good. Wait and see.

Well it's odd to not have two characters who have ALREADY shown up together suddenly NOT be part of the same universe. I think your explanation makes sense.

And if DC is still going for a shared universe (Birds-of-Prey is filming, they have WW84 basically done, a rumored Aquaman sequel, and whatever limbo Flashpoint is in) it doesn't make sense to then RE-INTRODUCE a new Batman and have him be separate. Unless they're hoping they do these "young" Batman movies and can attract Affleck back for a JL2 or will just put Pattinson in there and act like it's the "same Batman" all-along.

Affleck is more than likely done. I doubt the studio is all that broken up about his departure, and it was clear Ben himself was looking for a way out as far back as late 2016 (the whole "Sad Affleck" meme of his behavior in those post-BVS interviews didn't come from nothing). If they ever do a second Justice League or wanna have Batman cameo in other DCEU movies, it's more than likely gonna be the new guy. Especially if this Reeves movie is a hit.

Back